buying rx-8 question

karlok18

Jun 3, 2005
Malaysia
Hello, every one, i have see one rx-8 in a car shop. i have test drive rx-8 type-s tiptronic with 5speed.
i wan to ask tiptronic izzit true come with 5 speed? or 4speed?
the sale man told me is 5speed, i test drive never try til 5speed.
* leather seat with red mix black.

one more wan to ask, rx-8 navigation can use in malaysia or need to mod?

when i ask that sale man , he said cant use one?
(come with 6-cd changer at front passenger seat)

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Year 2003-2005 is 4 Speed AT.
From August 2006 and till now is 6 Speed AT

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
The navi module is at the back seat area compartment, not the cd player to control. Navi cannot use in Malaysia but you can modify if don't mind the cost more than a 3.5" Garmin. Auto only come in 4 or 6 speeds. Manual have 5 or 6 speeds.

I recommend you to nego to the dealer to send the car to ST Wangan (http://www.stwangan.com/) for a compression check before you sign anything.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
it is an automatic box. It is neither manual nor SMG/Selespeed/DSG type of gear box.

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone knows how much is the compression test? Is closer to 1 means is good? If the compression test is good, how long can we expect the engine to last before it needs to be rebuild?

Thanks in advance.

karlok18

Jun 3, 2005
Malaysia
so bad, loan everything ok already, because of spec is 4speed auto i cancel.
now looking for 6speed at other car shop.... sale man never tell me true at early. (he said 5speed auto, now i only check properly....)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings all! How are you?

I believe all the forumners here dreams or owns their own sport car. Its inevitable for us not dream to get own one. Same goes to me. I ever dream it since child where during my childhood, I used to live in the era of Evo 4-6, Mazda RX7, Skyline R32, R32, Silvia S14, Fairlady 300ZX, Mitsubishi FTO and GZTO and etc where I saw all these kind of sport cars in movies, car magazines and for sure on the road.

So, I make promise to myself that I gonna get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience