Buying a Lancer Evo?

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
my evo now is a result of my gf (now my wife)..
i dont know why, but i dont really into cars before. im more towards superbike - which i owned a few till i get the evo, then i let go the bike due to sitting around not used.

basically, for me.. you really have to think about the installments, and then again the insurance + roadtax. Not to forget, the fuel money, tires, engine oil etc..
trust me, its not a normal car, so it will be higher maintenance.

for maintenance, roughly estimate for E10:

1) engine oil + filter every 4000km (Motul Semi-Syn) : RM300
2) differential oil every 15-20k km : RM200 (for AYC)
3) SST oil + filter every 20k km : RM1000
4) Tires (depends on your choice). My stock ones can go up to 25k km. : RM5000-6000

that just basic ones, not including repairs,replacement parts etc..
unless u really into cars, this will take alot from our salary. I know it does for me, but im not regretting it, because i enjoy it every moment i drive it.

?nDc?s?ve

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
damansara
another thing to consider besides the cost is theft buddy..

paying that much for a car that isn't really practical.. need to thk a twice or maybe 1 mil times before u park it somewhere.. so if its your daily commute, u might wana spare a thought too :)

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
HEHEE ... nice post u guys ... think maybe your gfs were also dreaming of riding in a EVO? hehe ... that's why they support your idea to get one ... think about it! lolx

Mine hasn't seen my ride yet only my daily driver of which she likes ... although she's seen pics of it ... haha ... probably the 1st time she's riding in it will be during our wedding .. lolx but maybe i drive around with her in it first to let her know what she's getting into ... hehe

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
There is a phrase more or less sound " behind a man there is a woman".

She gives us strength to decide to own one of the most powerful machine in the car world with a high commitment in to it. Even though we knew we must sacrifice what we used to do or like but with her support we can decide to own one and it is a wonderful car to own n drive.

But it is all depends to ourself in term of financial, sacrifice and determination. Evo is a special car that needs special care. Like bro Pengyu said, there are many consideration to be taken into account before decision to be made.

Bro Pablo

Don't heavy launch your car or do the high speed cornering, your gf a.k.a future wife will have bad impression on us later hahahaha.

Congratulation bro

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
She'll probably be asking me to launch and take high speed cornering considering she likes to take roller coaster rides ... the faster & the higher, the better the more exciting she says! :rofl:
... thanks ...

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Nice comment guys. u guys has mentioned wat i wanted to mentioned.. hehe.. :adore::top:

Most important is the passion of owning a car which v loved most..
Caring, maintaining, loving is all part of the learning stage just like how v treat our gf or wife.. hehhe... :P

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Guess sometimes guys still need their partners (ladies) to help in decision making huh??? Although ppl say guys can make more prompt decisions... Haha
My gf not really into car la, but she know I loves car, n told me rather than driving wira evo out n sked of police n JPJ, just get the real deal n at least no need to sked of those enforcers.. True enuf, I pass roadblocks wif head held high now, such a great feeling compared to before when driving wira evo... As for low life thieves, how oso hav to face it la, so dun let tis spoilt our mood of owning our lovely ride...

Bro mines, wif the $$$ u spent on ur perdana, u can buy evo7 cash d la... But it's still ur interest n passion, I understand it, coz ppl tell me all sort of things when I spend $$$ on my wira last time....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe I started play with conversion infact I more prefer on engine performance rather than chasis itself...I can drive a lousy outlook car but I cannot tahan engine with no power.

spek_nates

Known Member
Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hai..in my opinion during the time to get this evo car is very challenging momment..BUT once u get, it's seem to be normal same as any one that have their car..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my car recently reach its 100k mark. Been a very good car, but the engine has a little noise and vibration lately. Just so happen i found a reasonable solution, and went to my local Tesco store and grab a bottle of Tufoil.

So here are a couple of question before using it,

1) Would 1 bottle be enough for my 2.4 liter engine?
2) Is there any Precautions before using?
3) Instead of using half a bottle for the subsequent change, could i use the whole bottle (silly question)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience