Buying Evo

brianfei

Jul 11, 2006
Hi,
i'm new here, and i'm planing to buy an evo but i can't decide to go for evo 7 of evo6/ 6.5.
so need advise from expert :regular_smile: .
which one feel more torgue the lan_Evo 6 ? 6.5? or 7 ? ,
and which one is better for overall dayly used. IMO I used to love 6.5 but most of my friend tell me if i buy that i will need to pay high intrest on it . so ermmm which one u guys think is better.

any comments will be appriciate :_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
brainfei,

I think E6.5 TME wil b a good choice as its a limited edition collector item!!! It looks cool n aggresive too!!! E6.5 TME is hving tatinium turbine fins too... Which means it spool faster n hv better response!!! Below is a link where u can do a model comparison:

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_showmodel.php

Hope this help!!! :_: As for de Price n financial side, u got to check out de Motor Trader n Banks...

Happy hunting!!!

brianfei

Jul 11, 2006
DDgreystar > sorry i still can't afford tthat yet :regular_smile:
anyway thanks for your reply

Stormvolution 9> cheers mate, i've try to search at motortrader for 6.5 but mostly is and evo 6 so do u have any webside i could search for more of this car ?(site that sell new/used evo,beside of motortrader.com.my). will the 6.5 (convert version) same as the original one?

thanks for the info :_:

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Brianfei,

Why not you share with us our budget first ? As in how much you ready to 'dump in' as initial downpayment ? That will help us to share our experiences and advice better.

As in whether original and convert are the same, it depends on which perspective you are comparing to. As for me, I felt a converted evo will never be as good in terms of handling as a original evo. Other than that, they are mostly the same (ie engine, outlook, interior, performance..etc).

Happy hunting !

brianfei

Jul 11, 2006
B18C-R,
thanks for the info, yeah prefer an original version of it as i read through the forum i found that it needs alot of time to convert a lancer to an evo :confused_smile:.
my budget is around 110k-120k and could pay 50k-60k for the downpayment
what is the intrest of the bank now days ? for an evo 6/ 6.5

oh yeah i saw a pic in the mloc , there was a white evo 6 model (i guess), with carboon fibre hood and it got a projector headlamp,:shades_smile: cool stuff . wonder is that an aftermarket stuff or its a limited edition spec ?? sorry being so noob:embaressed_smile:

don't u guys know any webpage that sells evo? used/new beside of motortrader.
anyway thanks alot.

brianfei

Jul 11, 2006
Slivia,
thanks for the link, its a great car. i need to do more search before i can comfirm to buy the car...hope you don't mind :regular_smile:
will try to contact him when i do all my research on the bank.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
brian,
With your downpayment, you can of course choose many cars but at the end of the day, is also your choice on the number of years you wish to pay for the installment vs the monthly payment itself and of course, the car you want !

You can get an evo 9 with say, 50K but then, you will end up with a 200K loan repayment vs a say, evo 6 or 7 and with a 80-100K loan repayment. So you do the math...

Of course, it all boils down to your model preference before anything else..hehe. That's the evil side of dreaming an evo ! : P

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
brian,

Oh yeah, i dun think there wil b a special link jus for selling/buying Evos!!! So v cant provide u tht info... Evo 6.5TME wil b very hard to get as its limited edition... U got to look for it slowly!!! If am not wrong last time there is a fellor forumers wanna to sell his TME right??? Got to check with Jun_EK9!!! Whereas if u wanna an E7, traffice lights b4 u go towards StarHill (Imbi) there is a seller got 3-4 units... U can try to go n hv a look there!!! Besides, along old klang road after Honda showroon @ Batu 3, there is a dealer selling a Blue E7 with Varis lip!!!

:_:

Slivia

1,000 RPM
Jun 22, 2004
Brain,
of course i won't mind..why should i do so..haha :_: . Just help him to pass around the msg as his car in very good condition & also 1 of our MLOC member, just give him a call after u have done your research & when u are ready to hunt around the 1 u looking for. :shades_smile:

What research u need to do with the bank? Loan amount? interest rate?
I think for converted evo should can get around RM50k to 55k max...i dun think this the problem as u have 50k as D/P.
For Ori EVO 6, should can get around 100k to 110k, TME will be silghtly higher.
E7 i'm not sure...not change to get 1 :(

Last time when i get my E6, lowest rate i manage to found is 3.1% from Hong Leong..but not approve...hahaha, bcos my lancer still not sold yet:cry_smile: ...end up getting 3.5% from southern....i think now the rate gone up around 2% (am i right? or lower? since the used car market not that good now?)

U station in KL?? as what S9 mention, the used car near imbi there have 3 units E7 for sales, 2 unreg (blue & Yellow) & 1 reg (Grey). can take a look there also.:_:

brianfei

Jul 11, 2006
wow thanks for all the info SIFU :_:
yeah my bank said e7 unreg is more low intrest but i still prefer the 6.5/6 version look more garang (imo):_:
yah thanks for all the location you all have mention i will go there and see. But not now because i'll be coming back from uk on this month 26th july.

where do guys live ? i've seen the gathering section in mloc its cool mate, loads of evo , over here uk was sold very expensive, so can't afford one just manage to get an mr2turbo , but after trying my friend's evo ..WOW shiok , lim beh 1st time feel the power of 4wd. yeah we have gathering also but mostly is subaru. skyline, and vtec evo's are less here.

share with you all some of the convoy here hehe. :_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Brian,

Cool pics man!!! Which part of UK currently u r at? Mmm... Lotsa monster cars there too huh!!! U b back for good??? Finished study??? Yeah, v gather often too... Officially it wil b twice a mth, but normally v meet up more than tht!!! LoLzzz... Since u r into E6.5 or E6, v wil help u to keep an eye on tht la... Once there is any nice good condition evo up for sales, v wil let u know!!!

:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently bought a Pro******* Brands Rain Stain Removal, it really removed the rain stain. I applied it to all my car's glass mirror including both side mirror as well. It gave me a good result. However, when come to the front mirror, oh .. god..! I realized that the rain stain has gone, but it gave me a big trouble. The front mirror become matte surface, blur on the surface. It cannot be removed even I applied the rain stain remover for few times. I dunno what happen. Do anybody know how to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience