Best Car Ever Made by Proton......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
More expensive and with Renault engine. Probably you saw it but don't know. Initially they just have larger tyres and rims 205/55R16 over the 195/60R15 of the 1.6 for the difference.
I think twin tail pipe also, not sure because sometime ago already.
Actually I was eying the 1.8 until they mentioned will come with Renault engine, then I gave up on it....
Why? Renault engine not good?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because it won't be easy to maintain the engine. It cost a lot to maintain it and Renault spare parts are not easily obtainable in here.

Well, I got the info from wikipedia about it designed in house by Proton.
Yup, I read that too, and was all the while thinking it was their own design until I saw the Singapore registered car in under ground parking. Front end exactly like Waja, but had Mitsu logo, so I decide to have a look at the rear and was shock it was not a Waja....:hmmmm:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
Normally if someone wants to buy a waja, many friends and family give oh so many reasons not to buy...

maybe you are a lucky kot? hehehe
if you intend to get waja's .. go for mitsu engine and make sure it was 1st or 2nd batch.. alot of my friends buy waja and no headache with it.. hehe:biggrin:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
i choose Waja 1.8 if there's no engine, gearbox and electronic durability issue.
the car have nice balance of performance and handling, easily clocked 200km/h on LPT highway without worries.
bought it on 2008, two years of painful ownership. luckily most of it are covered by warranty.

first proton with 1.8 VVT!
nice power curve.
hell lot of torque.
airbags.
abs.
ebd.
brake assist.
drive by wire.
tuned suspension.

but for durability issue.
f**king crazy electronics! (all warranty)
burnt ecu! (warranty)
melted radiator fan (replacement cost rm800!)
all the hoses and rubber thingy inside the engine bay seem to brittle after sometime. (sell the car after noticing it)

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
When Waja was first launched I heard non-stop awing from my friends around, waa the butt looks like C class ohhhh, very classy; waaaaa the front looks like like Alfa ohhhh, very garang... waaaa the side looks like bla bla bla...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, I read that too, and was all the while thinking it was their own design until I saw the Singapore registered car in under ground parking. Front end exactly like Waja, but had Mitsu logo, so I decide to have a look at the rear and was shock it was not a Waja....:hmmmm:
if you saw it again, can you take a picture of it and post it out here? i'm just curious to know what model is it.

naj_savvy

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
driven saga, wira, savvy amt & satria neo r3.

but...

satria neo r3:top:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if you saw it again, can you take a picture of it and post it out here? i'm just curious to know what model is it.
Yup, will do that but will be tough. Saw that car in Malaysia. Was attending a dealer's wedding and that car belongs to his Singapore relatives. Too bad at that time no camera phone with me....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

if you intend to get waja's .. go for mitsu engine and make sure it was 1st or 2nd batch.. alot of my friends buy waja and no headache with it.. hehe:biggrin:
Yap, did that, bought a Mitsu instead......hahahahahha:biggrin:
Now with even more powerful Mitsu engine.....:driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Seems like a normal issue with european cars (the germans not included hehe)

remember my friend whose whole family is alfisti quoted saying
when buying a euro car, get all the hoses/rubbers/plastics thingy in the engine bay change first....
seems the hoses/rubbers/plastics not suitable for our weather perhaps? :hmmmm:

but for durability issue.
f**king crazy electronics! (all warranty)
burnt ecu! (warranty)
melted radiator fan (replacement cost rm800!)
all the hoses and rubber thingy inside the engine bay seem to brittle after sometime. (sell the car after noticing it)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Ever heard of car care product called duragloss? For sure all the otai2 here well known with this products.
It's got all range of car care products from exterior to interior even for racing purpose. Alot of s'porean order from us the Duragloss Track Claw Instant Traction when they want to having fun at sepang. :top::burnout:
The price is affordable and easy to use.

Here is the link if you guys really interested with it. Feel free to check it out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience