I find it more like saying "Excuse Me" and asking them to
give way in a polite manner. Rather than just tailgating u
all the way or give you a horn right?

The thing about most road users, on highway especially,
is having the attitude of "couldn't be bothered" or no
consideration for others at times.

Some travelling at their preferred speed on the right lane
but refused to give way to others who want to travel faster
even after flashing lights as an indicator of asking to give way.

Some would say "If u want to drive fast, overtake me on the
middle lane la". Someone I knew said this before. :stupid:

This is why traffic jams happened usually. Most of the time
I often see one turtle on the right lane hogging everyone
behind him/her and refused to give way even if the middle
lane is safe to switch lane. :mad: :banghead:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
a courtesy to give way is not giving highbeam from afar as if u cannot slow down...
its like so rude, like saying..."hey stay out of my lane u moron!right lane is mine!"

When I drive my wife's viva, I always get bullied...
Everyone seem like to cut into my lane, hog my lane, highbeam me during traffic jam, squeeze in between the road lines (just like in the movie of fast and furious la)...which eventually makes me an aggressive driver...
Which I dun like...luckily I have a live speedcutter (wife ler)...
Sorry to those that gets my middle finger coz I was really confuse...shud I give way and jeopardize my own safety but instead I wind down my window n suddenly give the finger...sorry coz its actually a reflex from the whole situation...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
amrancharger:

So, how do we suggest a better way to ask politely to give way bro?

In my opinion "hey stay out of my lane u moron! right lane is mine!"
is more likely if that person actually goes behind u and keep honking
at your car from behind or flashing non-stop.

Flashing once or twice is good enough to ask nicely. As we couldn't
have those build in microphones to ask other road users to give way.
If considerate enough, if a driver sees a car coming fast from behind,
definitely he will try to switch to middle lane and give way before needing
him/her to flash at you or start tailgating u.

:beer: Cheers~

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
i was involved in an accident on NPE in Jan, it was raining, the traffic was bad..crawling.., road slippery..2 lanes road., i was at the fast lane..moving btw 20km/h ..suddenly this speeding bike lost control and straight crashed into the back of my car..causing to traffic jam from bad to worse.., so i stoped and looked at the damaged, i even helped him move his bike, he was injured on the feets and arms. So since its raining early in the thursday morning and causing jam on the road, he told me to move my car further (100m from the scene) to the wider road. That time i drove my car slowly and move to the wider road and waited him for bout 10 mins. (he told me he will discuss about the conpensation after i move forward) waited 10 mins.., I looked back., he is gone! i was so pissed and no choice, its raining.., i drove my car slowly to petronas nearby to change the tire to the spare 1 as the damage near the rear wheel was severe. Need to change to the smaller tire to move the car., after that, i drove to the police station and make a report

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
amrancharger:

So, how do we suggest a better way to ask politely to give way bro?

In my opinion "hey stay out of my lane u moron! right lane is mine!"
is more likely if that person actually goes behind u and keep honking
at your car from behind or flashing non-stop.

Flashing once or twice is good enough to ask nicely. As we couldn't
have those build in microphones to ask other road users to give way.
If considerate enough, if a driver sees a car coming fast from behind,
definitely he will try to switch to middle lane and give way before needing
him/her to flash at you or start tailgating u.

:beer: Cheers~
l respect other road user and i know my own car limitations...dats y if i found other cars is faster than mine...i would give way/change lane...

i never highbeam from afar because i know some car are just using the right lane to overtake only...and some cars cannot even reach the speed limit of 220kmh.

but sometimes there are other driver dat i tink was born to be a tailgater...
even if u give way, the car behind wont overtake...instead keep following in a very minimal distance...i tink they need to prove something which i find very irritating...

i also had an experience where a myvi overtake me when im doin 180kmh...
i never tot of dat man...hahaha!
every car driver shud know their car limit and their skills...better be safe than try to prove anything on a public road...
i know my car limit...dats y i always give way...but drive safely...

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Have u seen gas tank (the one in the kitchen) rolling towards you on highway?

I experienced once. The lorry in front drive quite fast and a tank fell down..lucky i keep a distance and managed to avoid it.
i encountered a huge pipe that came off a tanker trailer straight across the slow lane of the hiway. those pipes indah water use to suck stuff out of your stuff container...

another time a shovel across the slow lane. i hit that n destroyed my steering rack.

anybody remember the time where a guy lost one of his eye cos kids threw rocks at his car along the hiway n one of the rocks flew thru the windscreen and into his eye? have heard horror stories of kids throwing rocks at busses that drive by...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
last time at MRR2 highway after flamingo heading towards tesco ampang at the S-curve a huge wooden 4"X4" that usually for old wood house pillar fells off from lorry....lucky manage to avoid it

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One thing that is very important when we drive, is to make sure
our headlights are working properly. One fine night, I was driving
back from Kuala Selangor after having a good meal at a seafood
restaurant.

I guess everyone knows that the Kuala Selangor road is a dangerous
stretch to drive at night. Yet the road is narrow and is only one lane
road for both road users. So, I was driving slowly at that stretch,
suddenly I saw an oncoming motorcycle.

I just continue driving at my pace but it seems that the motorist
is getting closer to my car, some sort like tailgating me, I was
wondering why not he just overtake me since it is safe to overtake.

I realised something doesn't seem right, the light looks a bit odd for
a motorcycle, the light shape that touches the floor seems to be wider
than a normal bike. At that moment, I suspect is a car and not a bike.

After awhile, he overtook me and it is indeed what I suspected. The 1st
batch proton saga driven by a malay uncle. I was like, wth, it is damn
dangerous to drive like that. Some may thought is a bike and wouldn't
know is a car from far.

What if oncoming traffic thought it was a bike and not a car but continue
without reducing their speed since is just a bike, enough space to drive
through without much worries. It could be a fatal accident for him and
oncoming cars from the opposite direction. :stupid:

Really, dun take such things lightly like car lights not working,
get it repaired or u will be in trouble.

Is the 2nd time I encounter such thing, which is why i'm able
to differentiate whether it is a car or a bike later on. My 1st
experience was at MRR2. Gen2 with only one headlight working. :banghead:

hijau

Oct 20, 2010
Perak
happened when i was driving at MRR2. came out of nowhere, I saw a tyre rolling towards me. almost hit my car but managed to avoid it. no car on emergency lane, so dont know where its coming from :hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
happened when i was driving at MRR2. came out of nowhere, I saw a tyre rolling towards me. almost hit my car but managed to avoid it. no car on emergency lane, so dont know where its coming from :hmmmm:
Could be from some 4WD in front that passed by before u didnt realise spare tyre fell off? Or maybe drop from the sky :rofl:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...!!!i got to see some stupid who dunno on their light when driving on night time.it happen when i drivin on kampung melayu subang,i driving from petronas after fill petrol around 8pm to go federal highway via bkt jetulong road.on kampung melayu road on night time really dark unless got road light,it cant help lot.walau...i follow a car honda city tailgate,i cant see any light on his city lamp light(maybe all bulb burn),it is no my problem,i just potong his then see again from my small mirror walau..!!front headlight also no light.just cant believe how the driver see d road during driving at kampung road.maybe he think other ppl can him sure give way to him,he no need see other ppl:stupid:

hijau

Oct 20, 2010
Perak
Could be from some 4WD in front that passed by before u didnt realise spare tyre fell off? Or maybe drop from the sky :rofl:
didn't see any 4WD at that time. yeah,maybe it just fell off the sky :hmmmm::laugh:

hahaha...!!!i got to see some stupid who dunno on their light when driving on night time.it happen when i drivin on kampung melayu subang,i driving from petronas after fill petrol around 8pm to go federal highway via bkt jetulong road.on kampung melayu road on night time really dark unless got road light,it cant help lot.walau...i follow a car honda city tailgate,i cant see any light on his city lamp light(maybe all bulb burn),it is no my problem,i just potong his then see again from my small mirror walau..!!front headlight also no light.just cant believe how the driver see d road during driving at kampung road.maybe he think other ppl can him sure give way to him,he no need see other ppl:stupid:
maybe that selfish driver got eagle eyes :biggrin:

PaperGangster

Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One cold night, I was driving along the NSE going up North from KL. Suddenly the Civic in front of me swerved to the left lane, trying to avoid something. (Both of us was on the right lane). A split second later I spotted a lengthy black object on the road. I gripped my steering wheel n tried avoiding it, but it was too late, I could hear it pass under my car n hitting the underbody.

Then I noticed a funny noice coming from my car. It sounds like something is rubbing against my car. Can't do nuts as I was driving along the highway and it was a dark stretch.

Stopped at the next rest area and spotted the Civic that was previously in front of me. I saw the owner was tying his bumper with zip-ties. I came down and inspected my car. Holy sh*t, my rear bumper terkoyak at the place where it meets the rear fender. It was hanging loosely by it's half broken hook..

Luckily Mr Civic man came to the rescue and offered me zip-ties. Tied up my "loose butt" and found out that the lengthy black object was a lorry tyre re-thread through some light chit-chat with Mr Civic man. Lucky it wasn't some long black anaconda..

Can't remember which stretch was it though..