Finally My Car Is Back to Its Original State

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Recently my CLS 350AMG came back from the workshop after a major work done...I had replaced the old engine to a second hand perfect condition engine (Original Mercedes Benz CLS 350 AMG)....after the old engine had the continuous & persistent engine sounds that was not supposed to be there.....They had discovered that it was a factory default where the pistons had been positioned about 5degrees off from its vertical position....This has caused the pistons to knocked on the engine wall when raving (Wall inside the engine block) which then caused the prolonged loud disturbing sound....After they had replace the engine & did some fine tuning....my CLS had regained back its outstanding original power and i'm very happy with the works done & of course my car.....The total charges i had to pay was RM11,000 all in....

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Wooops... what a price to pay! Congrats on getting your baby back to life. :biggrin:

I almost pulled the trigger on the CLS350 of the same gen awhile ago, I'm glad that I did my homework and found out regarding the Balance Shaft Gear Issues... If you are in the states tho, you could get 70% of the charges off from Mercedes Benz.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Recently my CLS 350AMG came back from the workshop after a major work done...I had replaced the old engine to a second hand perfect condition engine (Original Mercedes Benz CLS 350 AMG)....after the old engine had the continuous & persistent engine sounds that was not supposed to be there.....They had discovered that it was a factory default where the pistons had been positioned about 5degrees off from its vertical position....This has caused the pistons to knocked on the engine wall when raving (Wall inside the engine block) which then caused the prolonged loud disturbing sound....After they had replace the engine & did some fine tuning....my CLS had regained back its outstanding original power and i'm very happy with the works done & of course my car.....The total charges i had to pay was RM11,000 all in....
5 degrees is insanely a lot of misalignment!

As for RM11k, that's cheap for a whole new engine and install. A friend of mine did a top overhaul on his BMW and paid RM10k

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
5 degrees is insanely a lot of misalignment!

As for RM11k, that's cheap for a whole new engine and install. A friend of mine did a top overhaul on his BMW and paid RM10k
Yah! 11k for engine replacement in Mercedes is actually cheap, 350AMG some more.....:driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
11k is cheap I would say. I did b16a engine transplant into my old Civic for that amount a few years back, not including all the oils and fluids.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience