Distilled water ?
Mineral water ?
Tap water ?
Diamond filtered water? :P

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
distilled water doesn't have any minerals, pure 99.9% water, hence, rust won't be that easy to develop.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Originally posted by silentkiller@Sep 21 2004, 01:27
Distilled water + coolant, tambah water wetter lagi sedap!
Coolant & Redline water wetter different???
I thought water wetter considered as a coolant itself?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

silentkiller

1,500 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
nope, to be more specific, water wetter is like a additive to the coolant, that is why it comes in a small packaging form.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
My water wetter comes in quite a large bottle, i think 250ml, not very sure. And according to the instruction, I should pour the whole bottle into it, is there any problem?
That means I need to get coolant before pouring? Luckily I still haven't use the water wetter yet....

On a sidenote, please recommend a coolant? NASA? Hehehe

silentkiller

1,500 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
Originally posted by TiBuN@Sep 22 2004, 19:30
My water wetter comes in quite a large bottle, i think 250ml, not very sure. And according to the instruction, I should pour the whole bottle into it, is there any problem?
That means I need to get coolant before pouring? Luckily I still haven't use the water wetter yet....

i use redline, what brand did u bought?

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Water wetter doesn't have anti-rust or anti-frost agent in it. That's why you need a bottle of coolant even if you have water wetter. Written on the bottle, best result is to use water wetter with water only but in asia, we can live without anti-frost but i wouldn't wanna see my radiator rust.
A bottle of Redline water wetter is 355ml.

My cup of 2cent Wwater wetter :D

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Originally posted by silentkiller+Sep 23 2004, 00:44 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silentkiller @ Sep 23 2004, 00:44 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TiBuN@Sep 22 2004, 19:30

i use redline, what brand did u bought? [/b][/quote]
Mine is also Redline. thinking alot of stuff because scared of wasting the water wetter, ain't cheap that's what I should say.

So it's just coolant + ww, no problem

Another question : Do you bleed(flush) your radiator or do you mix with the original?

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Some knowledge shared by my co facility guy. My co is using DI water (Deionized & distilled water) for product process. Since the water been deionized and filtered away all the minerals, it AKA "hungry watar". It's more corrosive than normal water. When DI water gets contact with any metal, it will eat out the metal very fast. Dunno how true is it.