4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
its a normal practice to reduce load to ur engine
they remove this so that the balancer belt can be eliminated

the old way was alwiz
chopping the shaft and making a stub out of it
which would look like this

but the newer practice is to machine up the current shaft to remove all the weight and still maintain the shaft ends , like pic below

there has been some theory and ppls review that the first way gave some issues relating to the oil pump and bearings.

RB4840

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes mr jinkl i prefer the new method the first way tend to give problem lah maybe experienced ppl can explain this

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
by AMS, even GSC practices the same way

Eliminating the balance shaft not only frees up horsepower, it also reduces the chance of belt failures ending up in catastrophic damage to your motor. In our experience, replacing the front balance shaft with a stub shaft will increase the chances of oil pump failures. This is likely caused by eliminating the support provided by the rear bearing journal. A stub shaft allows the oil pump gears to push apart and wear into the aluminum pump. Aluminum that is being worn away will enter the clean oil stream and contaminate the engine bearings. Eventually this can result in the oil pump seizing. The AMS shaft is machined to eliminate the counterweight while leaving the bearing journal in place to keep the factory engineered support for the oil pump gears.

RB4840

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thank jinkl for your useful information i totally agree with u, i have seen the wear of the aluminum parts that u mentioned. tq

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
this oil pump issue is a turbo killer Journal Bearing esspecially... No matter we use Ori turbo or China turbo..if oil pump fail..ur turbo and engine in big trouble..i vote for the AMS balancer shaft..

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Personally, I do not think that this is a worthwhile mod unless you're doing all out time attack, racing or drag race and that every Hp or seconds counts...........

The work, time and money involved for a few HP gains?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
this oil pump issue is a turbo killer Journal Bearing esspecially... No matter we use Ori turbo or China turbo..if oil pump fail..ur turbo and engine in big trouble..i vote for the AMS balancer shaft..
thanks for the intake manifold , looks good :P
got poison my fren or not ? i heard te06 24v popped out

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
thanks for the intake manifold , looks good :P
got poison my fren or not ? i heard te06 24v popped out
yes bro..last piece hehe..very good price..with 16cm2 turbine t3:bawling:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Personally, I do not think that this is a worthwhile mod unless you're doing all out time attack, racing or drag race and that every Hp or seconds counts...........

The work, time and money involved for a few HP gains?
well said...alwayzz think twice or trice for every mod before do it..:hmmmm:

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
nice piece
whts the price like for one of those , vr4
just take out ur ori balance shaft and sent them to machine shop laa cost lest then purchasing new so called race balance shaft. Actually they also machine it from the OEM unit.

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
thx for all feedbacks!! created this thread because i need to overhaul my engine due to worn conrod bearing...so might do it together

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok i'm planning to buy these things and pretty amateur questions. lol cause im just starting.

i know what they do but my problem is it all i have to do is install em in my car then no more modifications like if do buy this then i have to buy that too. get my point ?

also is it maintenance free ? then if not what are the things must do.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience