Bad Experience in Autochild

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
This is the first time I went to Autochild. I decided to give them a try because I've heard so much about them. I drive a 1991 Nissan Sunny B11 with E15ET Engine. I got a peek boost problem which I couldn't solve because I can't find any leak. I usually got to a shop in Chan Sow Lin to solve my engine problems since I did my conversions there. Well, Here goes, in point form.

Day 1
-Went to the shop at 11am together with Rice Rocket.
-RR went in to the garage and asked for a service.
-RR did flush engine 4x. Change to Royal purple 4.5 bottles. Clean Injectors. Decarboniaing with jet fuel and a free O3 deoderizing in the car. RR happy and paid an estimate of RM700++
-I asked for a diagnose for boost problem diagnose.
-Velu the mech went to test drive my car and confirmed the problem is there.
-checked my plugs and the colour was brown on nall 4 and concluded that the plugs was OK.
-I went to talk to the Canadian boss and asked his EXPERT opinion. He said that there is a confirmed boost leak somewhere have to check the whole turbo system. I agreed and Velu continued by doing a compression test and removing the turbo.
-Velu tried to remove the compressor side of the snail but couldn't remove the C clips because the radiator was blocking the tool.
-I tried to reacall how the shop in Chan Sow Lin remove that C clip. He used the same tool.
-He removed both sides of the turbo by unsrewing 4 nuts of the extractor. I was thinking he did a smart move, but, the boost problem don't have to do with the turbine section because If there was a leak there, I won't get peek boost. Continue anyway.
-By that time it was pass lunch time and another mech called Joe clocked in to work.
-Velu brought the turbo into the workbench and tried to dismantle the turbo but got butter fingers.
-Joe took over and removed it flawlessly.
-I suggested that I have the oil and water cool part for this turbo and need to get home and get it.
-I brought it back from home and time for a transplant 1 hour later.
-Joe tried to dismantle the center pice of the turbo to see if it was leaking oil.
-Joe tried to remove a cap from the centerpice by poking something from one end to the other end to push cap open.
-Cap open and some shards fell out. It was a ceremic oil seal of sorts and it broke.
-My heart broke instantly! I was not sure if Joe accidentally broke it or it was broken because he poked something hard into the centerpiece.
-I had to get another turbo and it's already 5:30 in the evening.
-I had to leave the car there so I went to tell The Boss what my plans are.
-The Boss told me not to leave the car here because they don't have enough space to work with. I thought to myself 'I would love to get the car back today too'.

Day 2
-I asked RR to help get me to the Garage. RR picked me up from Puchong at 12:30pm.
-Arrived at garage a little pass 1.
-brought a new turbo into the workbench to get work started. I needed to use the old exhaust turbine to merge with the new turbos compressor
-Velu tried to dismantle the new turbo but got butter fingers.
-I looked around for Joe but did not show.
-There were 2 other mechs around doing their own things.
-I had to lend a hand, maybe 2. I got my hands dirty.
-The problem is still at the C clips. Velu had such butterfingers that the pliers used to remove the clips are bent at both tips. Velu asked me to help him hold the turbo tight while he tries to remove the clips with the pliers. The young malay staff was sitting in the workroom and didn't even look at us.
-We managed to remove them and it was already 3 something. I wasn't very happy already. Those guys in Chan Sow Lin took less than 1 hour to take it apart and put it back with the turbo back in my engine bay. and cost me only RM30. Autochild price will come soon. You wait.
-Got the new turbo apart and removed the turbines.
-Velu didn't handle it with care. It was like putting an egg on the flat table. My eyes grew big when I saw that. Is that how you handle the internals of the turbo? Something so Fragile that it will break with a little knock? He just randomly placed it somewhere on the workbench and went on with the other part. My doubt started. They have NO turbo experience. I don't know about The Boss, but his mechs don't. The one with experience didn't come.
-Me and Velu the double team went with the work and found a sleight problem with the exhaust turbines and needed to know if it was ok. I asked Velu to go ask Brandon The Boss. Velu replied (you are not gonna believe this) "You go ask lah. I scared lah". :eek::confused:. I went to ask
-I was at the front desk with Velu next to me. I can hear Brandon on the phone so I waited. After 2 minutes and I understood the phone conversation Brandon was on an Online Game (WOW) chatting through the phone about some tactics. I was thinking that I don't deserve the wait so I asked Velu to let The Boss know that I needed his oppinion. He shouted, "GIVE ME FEW MINUTES!". My head went "WTF!" I waited and it really took few minutes to get his opinion.
-Double Team went back on the job and it was 4 something.
-Velu had no Idea how to put in theh C clips back in because he connected both turbines to the shaft without positioning the C clips first. He realised his mistake and tried to force them in, with both fragile turbines at both ends. I was shocked! I told him to remove the turbines first and jokingly said "Don't be so lazy lah". He did as I said.
-Lady Boss Arrived to the garage and as a PR person, asked how my car was going. I complained a little and she went in.
-By this time, the two lazing mechs was bored and came over to help.
-Got the turbo back in shape and was ready to fasten both sides back together.
-They had a hard time pushing the C clips back into position and they were hammering it with a screw driver and a small hammer. I went to take a look.
-The clips are upside-down! How to fit in nicely?!
-I made sure they removed both turbines before turning the clips around.
-Lady Boss came out and responded to my little complain. She said that my parts arrived at 2+. Of course it took so long. I said that I arrived at few minutes after 1. She argued with me that she was still around at 1:30. Wah trying to make things my fault and arguning with the customer. I assured her that I came at that time. Lady Boss went back inside.
-Last problem of the day came. The actuator is 45 degrees wrong angle. The turbo pipping wont fit. We concluded that we need to make new threads to get the actuator into the right position. It was 5:30. Machine shops close at 6.
-I went to the front desk to speak to Brandon, hearing only his voice. He said it's too late to get the Machine job done.
-I complained to Lady Boss again. She was defensive and said that things went slow because I was supervising the mechs and they were only following what I requested. That HIT me right at the face. I told her that to call me the next day when the job is done.
-I didn't argue with her and went back. At least they asked Velu to drop me at SS15 so I can take a bus.

Day 3
-I called at 12pm to get a know when my car will be done. Lady Boss told me about around 3 to 4 pm.
-I went there at 2.
-Joe was there! I was glad he did the finishing job.
-He started the car and waited till the engine was hot enough to test the car. He came back OK.
-I was glad that I can finally drive my car again. I asked Joe if he can estimate the price of the job because I was thinking of doing the fuel injector cleaning. I was estimating at Autochild standards. Using none of their products, It should be RM100++.
-Lady Boss walked out and asked if I was happy with the Job. I said that it depends with the bill now. She guarenteeeeedddd that it is at a reasonable price. I followed her to the front desk.
-She showed me the bill of RM330!!!
-I asked for a discount of RM30 and they refused
-I asked how much the machining cost. She said it is RM50 for the machining only, and they had to go to 2 places to get it done. I was thinking 'so what?'
-Brandon said he didn't charge me for the Compression Test and they usually charge by hourly @ RM85/hour. Thinking to myself again, "no one mentioned hourly charges before! You think I born yesterday ah!!!" I was unsatisfied but I gave in. Lady Boss still trying to hard sell me The Royal Purple. And said she'll give some freebies the next time I come.
-After 10 minutes drive, guess what, the boost problem is still there!! The car starts to Bog at peek boost. I was pissed. I followed Dannys advice and change to Platinum plugs and solved the problems. Didn't Velu check the plugs in DAY 1!?!?!?

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
better stick back to ur more professional mec..altho not so famous but they got wut is inside them..

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
You got that right. they just got tech gadgets to do servicing. Not mod parts.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Last edited:

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
Thats them. Brendan and his wife.

At day 2, i wanted an opinion from Brendan. He just put one finger at his lips and then pointed at the two mechs. He didn't want to talk to me and want me to get opinions from his inexperienced mechs. I think as a paying customer I should get the best opinion and not being shut like that as though I was disturbing him.

so customer oriented as he claimed at that ZTH autochild review.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
You know, some businesses will be really professional when they are being reviewed. But later on, after the review, they may end up being like crap. I've heard of many good-at-first-crap-later-on workshops in malaysia. Somehow, a large number of workshops are just out to get your money, and also to ensure you go back to them for more businesses. Malaysia boleh ma.....

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
Ya. I guess business was so good, they bought a Z28 Camaro for RM75K and ordereda 500+hp for the price of RM50k++ from Texas.

Brendan is always in his office playing WOW. and he boast that he is at the highest level. and he doesn't have time for his customers. He walks out occasionally to look around. but don't really help.

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
Guess what. I got a call from the boss this morning and all the fish, prawn, crab words (translated from Chinese :)) come out from his mouth telling me my rights posting negative reviews on public forums about other peoples business and then hang up on me. As usual lah. It's all my fault for supervising his mechs he said.

I pointed out about the plugs fault and he said that I am expecting people to do a prefect diagnose and solve every problem? ...Well yeah... Then I pay money for what? He is really a Child man. Haha.. telling me about my rights. His arguments sound so childish with all the F words coming out.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Brendan is always in his office playing WOW. and he boast that he is at the highest level. and he doesn't have time for his customers. He walks out occasionally to look around. but don't really help.
straybullet,
Looks like Brendan has fully adapted the malaysian way of doing business. And how is the malaysian way of doing business? Well, in short, screwed up. Malaysian business do not focus on customer satisfaction, though there are some business who still do seriously care about customer satisfaction.

And why did Brendan call you and tell you about rights and all that shit? Oh yeah, I just justified it above. Cos he's adapted the malaysian business shitiquette (shit etiquette) which basically makes him a piece of shit too. And throwing foul words at an unsatisfied customer pretty much confirms that he's a piece of shit. And at 8+ in the morning too, guess his wife couldn't satisfy him or he found out his wife was humping the black dude who handled your car previously. buahahahaha

He should well be trying to rectify your dissatisfaction in a good mannered and professional way but instead, he... read above. No need to repeat again.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Jerry bro, don't potray all ang mohs are that good..... Ever wonder why ang moh like to DIY rather then send their cars to workshop?? Lots of ang moh are worst than us.....

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
OMG i cant believe, he called u n scolded u bcoz of this... OMG. ??

I thought he was professional n somemore from overseas....

what a shame....

The he acts on u reminds me of the guy who owns the stupid cyber radio station... bcoz i n some frens boycott.. he came to me n gave me an offer... i decline his offer bcoz he cheated me 3 times.... thanx to some fellows in ZTH adives.. i lost contact with them..

check this out here... scarry wei

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/81425-whistling-noise-from-engine-2.html

Never mind .. small problem.. it's siple leak.. on vacuum or pressure.. we use the Stealman mike to detect where the sound is coming from and fix it.. if u have hoist and a good ear you can do the same.. no worries.. happy problem.
whats happy problem ????

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Lennon,
Well, I never looked high un ang moh anyway. hehehe Just happened to talk about brendan who happens to be ang moh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. juz wanna ask any bros out there that would like 2 share their oppinion.. Ive juz installed my car a new grill.. i dunno wats the exact model name.. but it is veri common.. juz a grill dat is hollow n hav d netting..

my concern is, is the hood safe from being opened??? yes i knoe u must pull the 'hood opener' from the inside, but since it is hollow compare 2 d standard wira grill, can it juz be kopak by the thieves.. since the netting looks so vulnerable...

sori if i ask a silly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience