G100/HC-E experience needed please!

one_day_soon

Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
Ive just got an 88 charade with an HC-E in it and i would like to put a 4wd system on this engine.

Things id like to know are;
what of the same models are 4wd???
and if i was to change from HC-E to GTti would i need to change loom and comp or just comp??

Any other hints and tips would be EXTREMELY apreciated as ive got nearly no knowledge on these cars but am keen to learn!!

thank you!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i may be able to answer few of ur questions :

ive never heard except for the 1.3liter 4wd, but there may be other charade variants 4wd out there. if u r going for the GTti, then u need to change the loom and ecu as the hce has 4 cyl compared to 3 for the gtti, so the hce ecu wont be able to compensate for the tuning of the 3cyl motor. personally, i prefer to charge the HCE up, its my fave compared of the two. 4cyl is way smoother

one_day_soon

Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
Cheers xtremeleo, that helps with the decision a bit :-/ dont wanna change the loom cbf haha

I want to do the engine up N/A with ported polished head, 4-1 extractors, 10mm leads, upgraded ignition..

want to get bigger intake too, but i dont know of any that would fit or if i should just build my own?? also bigger cams maybe but dont know what'd fit, and computer!? what would be my best option for n/a? I want it to do be strong enough to handle the common bashing etc etc ;-)

Any suggestions welcome!

I just need input, anything you think i could do to it to get safe horses!! or pretty safe ones ae :-/

Kyraemy

Jun 8, 2008
HCE , is it the same type of engine that they use on perodua kembara ?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Cheers xtremeleo, that helps with the decision a bit :-/ dont wanna change the loom cbf haha

I want to do the engine up N/A with ported polished head, 4-1 extractors, 10mm leads, upgraded ignition..

want to get bigger intake too, but i dont know of any that would fit or if i should just build my own?? also bigger cams maybe but dont know what'd fit, and computer!? what would be my best option for n/a? I want it to do be strong enough to handle the common bashing etc etc ;-)

Any suggestions welcome!

I just need input, anything you think i could do to it to get safe horses!! or pretty safe ones ae :-/
no problemo sir, glad to be of any help:)

NA power is also good, avoid dat lagg factor from ur life, lol. so, a bigger intake shud be in order, u can adopt for a custom build, or just mod urs. to me, the main thing about getting a bigger intake is u dont actually need it. the main thing about raising the intake size is for u to have sufficient reserved air, just before it enters the combustion chamber. u can do dis in many ways, not necessarily increasing the size of the intake alone. pm for details. personally i prefer an extractor-like intake runners, wud be very good to generate high lower revv torque, for higher end power just get a bigger diameter pipes.

cams is up to u sir, ive never done any HCE seriously, but ive seen d deto std cam be able to produce a whopping 145hp wit a HDE (1600cc) on a dyno dynamics, so dat shud show what the potential of the std HDE cam. maybe u shud try dat first and see if its to ur liking..

for the tuning management, i highly suggest the emanage blue or the emanage ultimate (my dream dis one, lol). get a good tuner to tune it up, if its tuned to perfection, i can guarantee u dat the engine is gonna last even wit std internals. weve charged an evo3 1.7bar of crazy boost, at 360hp as daily drive, its still holding on, all on std internals, injectors, cams, etc.

cheers sir

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience