Beware of Scams Tactics - Share your experience to warn others...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SCAMS Are everywhere these days and it can happen anytime, anywhere and to any one
of our loved ones and we might not be there with them to warn them.

I just want to share and I realised TOO MANY people are still not aware of such scams.
Even though there are tons of news on newspaper, FACEBOOK, ONLINE and even from
friends feedback.

YET there are still so many naive people getting cheated.

READING NEWSPAPER IS IMPORTANT...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the story:

I received a call yesterday evening, from my gf's sister, asking me for advice to help a
Friend who is in trouble trying to save another so called OVERSEAS friend of his.

MR.A (GF's Sister's Friend)
MR.B (Overseas Friend)

MR.A called her for advice on what to do since his friend MR.B is in trouble who had just
arrived in Malaysia from other countries and got detained at the Airport by the Police.
He didn't know that he can't bring down so much cash to Malaysia USD300K.
(Detained by Police? not custom officers?)

So MR.B called MR.A for help. MR.A is from Singapore. Both of them knew each other for
1 year+- from ONLINE Social Networking Page. Met once before as I was informed.
Not sure.

So, MR.B told MR.A that the Authorities needed someone to bank in RM2,500 to settle
some procedures for him. So, banked in as told cuz wanted to help a friend who is
SERIOUSLY in trouble.

After that, the AUTHORITIES have started to call MR.A personally. Asked MR.A to bank
in another RM4,500. Need to also settle certain procedures for MR.B's release since is a
serious offense/crime.

This time MR.B panicked and borrowed from friends and straight bank in to the
AUTHORITIES. (Total: RM7,000 for now)

So, My GF's Sister (Ms.Y) was shocked when I told her is a scam, before she can tell me
the whole story, I adi cut her off and I said is a scam, ask your friend to STOP transferring
money anymore. I got so mad when I found out that he already stupidly bank in RM7K.

Then she told me that, MR.A is really worried and dont know what to do cuz friend is in
trouble. I asked Ms.Y, MR.A's friend is a guy or a girl? Just to find out whether is cuz of
LOVE that had blinded him. Ms.Y told me that is a Guy.

So, MS.Y told me to call MR.A to advice him cuz she herself thought was real. MR.A drove
all the way from Johor to Putrajaya just to look for his friend. MS.Y told me he adi in
Putrajaya.

I called MR.A and ask him what is the story? He said he reached Putrajaya but the Authorities
don't allow him to meet MR.B. He said the Authorities said he need to pay RM15K only
can SEE MR.B. I asked him "So, did you personally meet those AUTHORITIES/POLCE?"
He said "No, they just communicate with me on phone". Told him everything on
the phone that is a SCAM. Advice him not to bank in anymore money. Best if he wants
to help his so called friend, is to report POLICE at nearby police station and let the police
handle.

From what i know from Ms.Y, Mr.A is kinda young, maybe around 21 - 23 years old. Very Naive
and innocent fellow. I told him, u have been cheated RM7K, don't bank in RM15K anymore.
Forget about the RM7K and report to the police and move on. Just thank god u didnt get
cheated more than that.

He even ask me if he can get back the money. I say no, once transferred consider gone.
He said, got account number and phone number from Putrajaya wor...I say no, is a SCAM.
They all will sound very professional like is TRUE. I said they will cheat your money till you
realised that something is not right, which by then it is too late.

Then he said okay, thanks. He is even afraid of reporting to police and said scared they
ask him questions dunno how to tell. I was like, just report and it will help them a lot
to gather more info of such scams. Tell them the whole story. I said the Police will know
what happen and they will explain to u. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2

Just about 30 mins ago, MS.Y call me again. Said MR.A called her last night, ask her what to do
and very fan. Told MS.Y he gonna borrow RM15K from parents. :adore::adore::adore:

I was like, don't be stupid. MS.Y said, that's what she told him too. Scolded him nicely.
MR.A also mentioned he thought of borrowing from AH LONG...:banghead: :stupid:

I really speechless, I say, then just tell him to go on and get cheated if he dont want to listen,
just dont come crying after that. Borrow from Ah Long no money pay, u r dead. Newspaper
stated before about all this AH LONG are getting more violent nowadays again.

He say parents got lots of money, especially mother.

I told MS.Y to tell him, IF he insist to help the so called friend MR.B, then report to the police,
give all the details to the police and including the phone number. Let them help MR.B.

Surely kena shoot by Police for stupidity one...:smokin:

This time round, MR.B said he willing to give him RM7,500 and will transfer to his account.
Said, MR.A just need to help him to pay RM7,500 only 1st and will payback when he is
release. So, now MR.A in a dilemma...don't know what to do.

I told MS.Y, tell MR.A to play along, delay till they bank in RM7,500 to him. Then ignore all
calls and report to the police. At least get back your money RM7K + commission RM500.

Till then, keep telling them no money and still gathering until they bank in the cash to your
account.

THE THING is, this moron MR.A still insist in helping MR.B. :banghead: why such people
exist. I told MR.A is not your girlfriend or your close relatives...why bother???

If is real, just report police, settled.

Till then, I'm waiting for updates for the ENDING. :listen: no eye see...

Guys and girls, just be careful, if u think something is not right, follow your instincts. Most of the
time is TRUE.

My father kena once before but didnt get cheated. Called from Bukit AMAN regarding a fraud case
that need my father to settle and bank in cash. Will share this later on. :wavey:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
You sig. Its... taking all my attention. Who is that?!

A colleague's relative was almost scammed. Parents received call demanding ransom for their college going son. Saying they have him & will harm him if their demands are not met, but the thing was... their son woke up late that day & was still at home.. lol... try again next time.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
common SCAM...

something/someone stuck at airport....need money to release...since when money can settle all stuck???

just think this:

-did u order anything valuable (high value overseas) until custom held off waiting for tax? where's the tax statement?
-did someone coming to see u bringing drugs until detained by police?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, still lots of naive people that they are targeting. I guess this time they are trying to understand their victim well before executing
the same old plan...but this time saying MR.B going for Courtcase. MS.Y said, then go to the court and see la...

Court is open for public right? Since is not some politician case...just public case...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeap..just ask them fax the court case hearing letter...and be sure to come (if really wants the "bail out" money)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
for me SCAM is when somebody tell u stories & ask u for money..

"the story" always changes but the end result is still the same.. asking your money..

stuff stuck at airport, need to bail people, trustee/will account, etc etc..

there're people who promise me money.. so, i just go with the flow.. meet them, buy them drinks, etc..

at the end, they need my money to process 'the money transfer'.. and we talking millions..

and i said to them.. u have millions of dollars, but u didn't have a few thousand to pay the processing fee?? WTF?? :thefinger:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Alamak ~ one more thing to be taught in school actually...all these should be common knowledge to protect the youths (even some professionals also kena so that one cannot save if they are not alert to whats happening nowadays :banghead:)

Many peoples tend to ignore to double check. For example, in SF's case, calling the custom department to confirm the case is one of the best idea, if one does not know the procedures of all these customs thingy. Scammers would usually trick the victims into believing. So getting a third party to confirm something is a must! It wont waste you a lot of time, maybe 1-2 hours, and you'll get the whole picture.

The most important is education I would say....have to let Mr.A to think about it himself. Tell him the scenario and let him know which part of it that make you say it is a scam. When his brain captures the logic...he'll understand and accept. Hopefully.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
There's no cure for stupidity.

I already told you there's a cliff in front, if you insist to continue walking, good ler, remove yourself from the gene pool.
That's why I think warning labels is not necessary, if a person is stupid enough to stab himself with a knife to see if its sharp, or eat rat poison to see if it works, then good riddance.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeap..just ask them fax the court case hearing letter...and be sure to come (if really wants the "bail out" money)
Can they come up with a fake Hearing Letter? :stoned: Since they are so good in dramas...should
put their talent to movies instead...

Alamak ~ one more thing to be taught in school actually...all these should be common knowledge to protect the youths (even some professionals also kena so that one cannot save if they are not alert to whats happening nowadays :banghead:)

Many peoples tend to ignore to double check. For example, in SF's case, calling the custom department to confirm the case is one of the best idea, if one does not know the procedures of all these customs thingy. Scammers would usually trick the victims into believing. So getting a third party to confirm something is a must! It wont waste you a lot of time, maybe 1-2 hours, and you'll get the whole picture.

The most important is education I would say....have to let Mr.A to think about it himself. Tell him the scenario and let him know which part of it that make you say it is a scam. When his brain captures the logic...he'll understand and accept. Hopefully.
Yes, is all about education and do more readings. Parents are responsible to educate and highlight
such things to their kids. Even if parents are not the type who reads, just need to read more newspaper or just thestar online news...

At least know what is happening in the world.

Already highlight the possibilities of a Scam tactic. He still don't believe. I guess he still answer his so call friend's phone calls. That is why he keep getting influenced and uneasy if don't help him...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
There's no cure for stupidity.

I already told you there's a cliff in front, if you insist to continue walking, good ler, remove yourself from the gene pool.
That's why I think warning labels is not necessary, if a person is stupid enough to stab himself with a knife to see if its sharp, or eat rat poison to see if it works, then good riddance.

Lol...wahahaha.. Not to be inserted into pen!$.. wahahaha... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well humans tend to listen to only what they want to listen...btw..I wanted to ask this kinda long time ago actually....but paiseh lol..

Mr.A is male, Mr.B is also male. So....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well humans tend to listen to only what they want to listen...btw..I wanted to ask this kinda long time ago actually....but paiseh lol..

Mr.A is male, Mr.B is also male. So....
Maybe they both wear v-necks

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW tuner Lumma Design wasn’t going to sit around and let time slip by with the BMW 7 Series. The luxo-barge is a rolling testament luxury but Lumma just had to up the ante with more pronounced aero styling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience