AmBank Credit Card Scam !!

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
Dear all..

i wish to share this scam realised recently by me, it happened to my wife and it pisses me off learning of such trickery. And when i shared it with my buddies i realised one of my friend had a similar phone call with the same story line !!

1. guy / girl will call up (speaking in english or mandarin), identifying themselves as officer from AmBank
2. claim there is someone trying to use "your Ambank" credit card at Poh Kong for RM 3,600
3. if you dent, then he /she will say they suspected that this transaction is fraudulent
4. he / she will ask you to be on hold and pass you to inspector investigating credit card frauds
5. the line will be on hold and a guy will pick up to claim to be a police officer
6. the officer will ask you not to do anything for 3 days and to give him all your ATM and Credit Card numbers. He will say they worry the syndicate is trying to hack into your ATM and Credit card details, so they need to "help" you monitor ALL your banking accounts !!
7. 5-10mins later the police officer will call you back and ask you to go quickly to the nearest ATM and act upon his instruction to change your ATM pin.

up until this stage i arrived at the bank and i answered the phone call...i asked who he was...and he cut of the line..

What was more interesting was this syndicate managed to manipulate AmBank's telephone number, so if you called back, AmBank people will pick up...

anyway..just beware and ask these fcukers to fcuk off.....

take care everyone, these syndicates prey on human beings FEAR and EMOTION.... have to be extra vigilant..

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
yes my wife also got the same call, but not ambank... its maybank...saying got some bugger using ur card online to purchase...

straight away i cancel the cc, and shoot 9 the maybank officer... *^*$&@^%^#!

oksmike

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
perak
how they know ur wife carrying ambank cc n phone number?
maybe these mother fuckers working in XXbank itself :D
new year coming liao MAU CARI AMPAO

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
bro... they dunno what card you got .. is all about guessing..
come on bro.. i know you got credit card in your wallet... getting your number is the easiest part after all... so i just need to keep on calling people and sure got one "victim" will fall for it...

here is another popular scam...

Conman A: Hello Mr./Ms xxx, I believe that you own a credit card with xxxx bank. May I confirm that with you ?
Usually victim will answer yes / no
If yes
Conman A: Your card identity has been stolen and xxx being charge, we called to assist you in stopping the card immediately and to prevent further charges. Please take out your card and ........
Victim is now victimized.
If no
Conman A: That is too bad, because according to Bank Negara or xxx...Your card identity has been stolen and xxx being charge, we called to assist you in stopping the card immediately and to prevent further charges. Please take out your card and ........
Victim is now victimized too

Rule #1 of any kind of phone call - DONT PANIC

Rule #2 - Dont tell people any information about yourself. Especially when they say, I would like to verify your four last NRIC or 3 last CVV number on your credit card... all these are BS

Rule #3- Golden Rule. Say thanks to the caller and tell them that you will call him back. But when you call. please call the "Printed number behind your card" Dont you dial any direct line to them.. call the call center to transfer them for you.. anyway is free !

so many more scam is now in internet, phone, sms.. and now new trend.. the facebook scam... how ? is the friendship scam.. you think he is your fren of A and B and C.. so you feel safe.. .but when you kena scam.. only you know that he is not even fren of any one you know !

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I got called once by a "Maybank officer" claiming my card has been used to purchase RM7k worth of carpet , my response was " Ya ka! itu macam aaa? Nemind laa, I will wait for my statement to arrive at my desk and if it's registered on the statement then I lodge a formal complaint and not pay the balance pending investigation, can riiiiiightt?"

Then "toot....toot....toot.....toot"

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
I got called once by a "Maybank officer" claiming my card has been used to purchase RM7k worth of carpet , my response was " Ya ka! itu macam aaa? Nemind laa, I will wait for my statement to arrive at my desk and if it's registered on the statement then I lodge a formal complaint and not pay the balance pending investigation, can riiiiiightt?"

haha...that is awesomely funny.. well done and these crap syndicate fellas deserve to be played... maybe you should give him your ATM card "8800 0088 8800 0088 - hellbank" :rofl:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
bro i am not in bank line ... i sell autopart too one la... hahaa...

but i got a lot of fren in bank... do you guys know nowdays phone line can "phishing" also ?
Its true...

for example, if u see from ur caller id the number say 1300808888 u think is from ambank. but really is another scam. who ask our tech nowdays can be available so cheaply .. haha

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
its called visamastcardfromhell. what devious did was damn good...lolz

i would reply almost the same, i'd say, "yes ah..? but my card limit only rm5.5k, how can other ppl use my card till 7k?"

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006

Nice one bro....:rofl:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
i received one time a fraud call from some bank .. so i pass on the phone to my fren .. and is a fraud call for sure.. but my that fren still can talk to her on the phone for more than 45 minutes on something that is non exist... :D

my fren did about the same thing.. keep on asking her how to get more credit and how much he need to pay the service and stuff.. he acted like is desperate for more credit and need inside help ... that scam girl really kesian... hahhaa

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
hahahaaha... i got that kind of call as well... but its from HLB 1...
i answer them i didn't have HLB cc, then they ask me wat card i got... so, i ma answer no card loo... funny thing is, they asking me wanna apply for maybank cc onot... hahahahaha....:rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any 1 can advise engine to swap into an Opel?
it's a FF , did read from foreign site, sr-20 , 3s-gte can go in.
but not sure wht did they done on the enjin

any 1 experience this or ur tuner modd and Calibra b4? kindly advise, thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience