alfa 147 2.0 or neo CPS

which one reach genting first? (neglecting driver skill)

• alfa 147

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo CPS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how can a fwd car like neo, without LSD somemore can be comparable to alfa 147 in corners? ayam skeptikal:hmmmm:
Don't underestimate the Satria Neo CPS .... at 1st i also think like that but once i tried,i pretty impress with it's handling ~

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Well the alfa 147 or 156 are relatively older cars, you might run into wear tear.
The Selespeed is a superb system but you might run into problems that might turn expensive.
So best bought from good owners who know their ride in and out. Italiaauto.net is a great place or Arockv or aroc Malaysia . The key niggles is the timing belt kit that needs replacing 40k kms...cost abt 1.5k. The suspension arm front probably need replacement every 70k kms abt 3k. These are main irritants but fuel pump, variator(cam profile shifter), are considered normal wear tear items.
Honestly for the high performance expectations and pleasure there is a price. If you buy a 2nd hand Selespeed keep 10 k handy in below average buys. But there owners that love their rides and very technical letting go...best only bought from them.

Buuuuuut I disagree with jien on other brands like BMW,Volvo, merc...if you go to the service centers where only they stk parts for newer cars less than 5 yrs in market, it isn't cheap. Things that break won't be like alfas...it will be electronics of the gearbox, abs, turbos, fuel issues air cons etc etc. all brands have their own foibles .that too is from experience.
Advise dabble in things that are within yr means...rest work harder for it.:idea:

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well the alfa 147 or 156 are relatively older cars, you might run into wear tear.
The Selespeed is a superb system but you might run into problems that might turn expensive.
So best bought from good owners who know their ride in and out. Italiaauto.net is a great place or Arockv or aroc Malaysia . The key niggles is the timing belt kit that needs replacing 40k kms...cost abt 1.5k. The suspension arm front probably need replacement every 70k kms abt 3k. These are main irritants but fuel pump, variator(cam profile shifter), are considered normal wear tear items.
Honestly for the high performance expectations and pleasure there is a price. If you buy a 2nd hand Selespeed keep 10 k handy in below average buys. But there owners that love their rides and very technical letting go...best only bought from them.

Buuuuuut I disagree with jien on other brands like BMW,Volvo, merc...if you go to the service centers where only they stk parts for newer cars less than 5 yrs in market, it isn't cheap. Things that break won't be like alfas...it will be electronics of the gearbox, abs, turbos, fuel issues air cons etc etc. all brands have their own foibles .that too is from experience.
Advise dabble in things that are within yr means...rest work harder for it.:idea:
i've owned a 146 ti, definately theres no timing belt issues since its using timing chain.. later i bought a 155, still a timing chain engine, gives me no problem at all.

what i meant was, if you compare the parts price. like BMW fuel pump and Alfa's. the price is a gap. i didnt say how many parts u need to change for every service.

now i bought an e34 single vanos, and still, a timing chain engine. no problem. if u r into new car, sure theres a lot of electronical issues. if u want a newer model, u should do a research. like bmw, theres a few model that would give less problem like the e39, despite the look of the car. alfa 33, 75,146, 145, 164, 155, not much of electronic problems since older car uses less electronics.

like u said, everything comes with a price.
i said, if u want more, pay more.:thefinger:

Last edited:

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
lol..Jien you must have used the 146 Ti for a very short period.
The TS engines are all Timing belts. The 8V 1.8/2.0 were timing chains and last was in 1995..unless you got an engine swap done. All the newer alfas are timing chains again.

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
lol..Jien you must have used the 146 Ti for a very short period.
The TS engines are all Timing belts. The 8V 1.8/2.0 were timing chains and last was in 1995..unless you got an engine swap done. All the newer alfas are timing chains again.
haha howdo u knowso much? yes its a swap :biggrin:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
33,147,156...then Dad was with GTV 2000, Berlinas...Just keeping the 156 for now
33 + 147 + 156 + GTV 2000 + Berlina = you are DA MAN

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Things that break won't be like alfas...it will be electronics of the gearbox, abs, turbos, fuel issues air cons etc etc. all brands have their own foibles .that too is from experience.
Yep, so true... all brands, it's whether the owners are willing to admit them or not.

Usually people only brag about the good choices they've made while the bad ones they'd just whisper quietly when nagged.

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
What I was saying is the neo is good ride, it may not have the panache of a Italian, but its a competent drive, just dont brush it away..I love cars that need to driven to squeeze the performance envelope, the difference being the driver... obviously if you can buy an ALFA, LOTUS,GTR,PORSCHE,FERRARI these are hairy barrel chested drives and need less effort from the driver.

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
What I was saying is the neo is good ride, it may not have the panache of a Italian, but its a competent drive, just dont brush it away..I love cars that need to driven to squeeze the performance envelope, the difference being the driver... obviously if you can buy an ALFA, LOTUS,GTR,PORSCHE,FERRARI these are hairy barrel chested drives and need less effort from the driver.
I would think that ferrari, gtr,porsche etc ain't easy(less effort) to drive. They are probably a handful to drive at the limit

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys recently i did a conversion for a GX81 to a 1JZ-GTE from a JZX81.. The halfcut comes with full dash and full wiring from engine to the back of the car not splice.. :driver:

Now after finish with the full conversion including all wiring and finally the car be able to drive and i found out that the car seems to have some engine miss up to at around 6krpm to redline.. I can onli know this thru listening to how the exhaust sounded.. I tried changing the 1JZ fuel pump to new bosch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience