Audi A4 Avant or Alfa 156 Sportswagon?

KoichiImpul33

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Hi guys. I'm actually looking at getting a stationwagon but dunno whats a good buy. Have any of u tried the above cars b4? which is better?

I think the A4 avant is non turbo, correct ah? 156 is 2.0 n/a.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
Are u gonna buy brand new or used car ?

What about subaru legacy, or the new Saab 9-3 Sportcombi (cant really remember the name). But the saab will be very expensive la hehe.

My 2 cents

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Where you managed to find these beauties? Were they 2nd hand or newcars? I reckon 156 Sportswagon cos its the sexiest wagons of all.

It's a tough choice, but obviously if you're into wagons, these two are the best. Best not in terms of handling or whatsoever, but in the functionality VS image part. They are the best looking ones, V50 is good but too small, somewhere between a wagon and a fastback.

KoichiImpul33

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
New A4 Avant Vs New 156 Sportswagon

I was actually referring to the new ones. Both Euromobil and Auto Italia are giving good discounts on these models and they both seem quite good. In terms of maintenance, does the new A4 maintain well, and cheap? are there any problems with this car? I am a newbie to Audi and Alfa.

As for Saab, I like the exterior but the interior is very dull. The car shares the same platform as the volvo. Resale value of these marques are nothing to shout about, so if i plan to swap for a new car, it has to be within 5 years, otherwise I will have to keep the car till it evaporates into thin air!!!

If I'm not mistaken, the A4 Avant is a bestseller among the stationwagons in its category. And for the price you pay, I feel like its a good buy.

I hope you guys can enlighthen me further on this. I hope I'm not making a mistake by buying a wagon.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
These days, I feel that wagons look better than their saloon counterparts.

The A4 Avant is a handsome looking thing with a lot of class. The 156 on the other hand is a real svelte beauty.

BTW, how did Saab (owned by GM) manage to share platforms with Volvo (owned by Ford)?

Last edited:

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
between the two, i'll go with the italian :)

or the japanese toyota caldina hahaha

it is a wagon by design ain't it? anyway... ;)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The Caldina is more of a sort of crossover thing isn't it? A slightly taller, bigger version of a hatchback or saloon or coupe.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
si|verfish said:
These days, I feel that wagons look better than their saloon counterparts.

The A4 Avant is a handsome looking thing with a lot of class. The 156 on the other hand is a real svelte beauty.

BTW, how did Saab (owned by GM) manage to share platforms with Volvo (owned by Ford)?
I think the Saab actually shares platform with the Opels/Vauxhall (Both GM) , not Volvos (The S40/V50 shares the Focus Platform)

KoichiImpul33,
My family have used both previous gen A4 (1.8T) and later the S4 (V6 twin Turbo). Quality of build, Interior quality, functionality are top notch:shades_smile: . Performance (in the S4) is more than adequate:regular_smile: .

The newer models are even tastier. And with your 5 year ownership plan better stick with the Audi. They'll definately outlast the Alfa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience