Any1 know the maintenance and conversion of Alfa 155?

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Guys,

Just wondering, I’m planning on buying a 1993 Alfa 155.

Can you guys give me a guide on what to look for?

Eg. Service histories…..

And what parts that I may need changing after I buy and how muh? Eg. Timing belt RM1,200.

How are the maintenance for this car? I’m planning on using it for daily use.

Any1 done a conversion on an Alfa 155?

Regards, <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
1st model 155 are using timing chain for 1.8 and 2.0. but the engine is not that exciting even though with twin spark.

go for 1995 onwards. known as 155 S. S for sport where the suspension is lowered by 1 inch and using standard 15" wheels. the car also has ABS and airbag as well as immobiliser.

the engines are using fiat block with alfa head, and compare to 1st model, are using timing belt. more fun and not that expensive. about 25K.

1.8 16V twin spark 140bhp

2.0 16V twin spark 150bhp

very good straight line stability. somehow, acceleration not as good as 146ti, maybe becoz longer and slightly heavier.

Last edited:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Thks guys.

This will be my first conti.

So i'm just planing to keep it simple first.

If the 155 doesn't come out too well (eg. too many problems and costly), i'm planning on changing the Jap engine.

Last edited:

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
1993 155 8v would be a good starter alfa for you as it uses a timing chain and you dont have to worry much as it last pretty long (up to 80k i think) so check the mileage on that car that you are buying. I use to have these legendary alfa romeos before and use timing chains from 190E Merc as it is stronger and noisier (i like the garang sound it makes). Mine was a 2.0 8v Super. It came with the Silverstone spoiler.

Do some history background on this car and you'll be surprise on its cult status. Its also the car that saves Alfa Romeo from the downturns of the industry back then when they entered touring car championships and won back to back for many years beating Merc190E, Opel Calibra, BMW E30 and E36, Peugeot Mi16 and Renault Laguna amongst others.

Find a good one, preferably from somebody who takes care of the car with records, then all you need to worry are the fluids and the wear and tear parts on the car due to old age. Try to get the 2.0 instead of the 1.8 or better still, get the 16v 155 that is from 1996 onwards and get the 2.0 as well...lagi oomph! The 16v uses timing belts so it is an extra cost when the time is due whereas the 8v uses the timing chain, tukar lagi lima tahun pun ok. Want something else better, find the 155 with the V6 engine and the rare 155 Q4 (thats 2.0 turbocharged 4WD, only in UK) but if you find one for sale, let me know coz i want it! hehehe

Then check if the electronics are working such as the buttons on the dash, steering stalks, indicator lights on the meters as information from it is vital to tell signs of an unhealthy car. Also check the alternator if it has been replaced due to wear of old age. Check for telltale signs of crashes too. The rooflining of the interior is usually the first to go so check it also....

and i wouldn't recommend putting in a jap engine in it as it loses the soul of it entirely and its cheaper to source a replacement engine for it. Soul. That is what every alfa car has...and you have to ride it hard to train it to run. Highway runs are superb and so as the cornering. Have good tyres and it turn like its on rails. Rev it hard once a week on high speed touring and he'll be happy to give you more smiles per miles than any other car you've driven. That logo or emblem in front of the grill, it is called the "sporting heart" or "Cuore Sportivo". That is what other cars don't have when it beats along your heart in unity...

Gosh, i must buy one back la...Alfa 155, the most macho car a car can be...

tell me why you choose it other than the rest of the continental out there la...wanna hear your story...

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
DELIMAPUTIH,

thks for the history lesson.

You have made me more desperate to try one out.

I HATE YOU!

muahahaha.... just kidding bro.

i like old cars with old looks. the 155 is not old but it has that old look which i really like. And after doing some research, it turned out to be an ok car. But i have to c whtheri can afford the mainenance.

My dad has owned BMWs and Mercs. I'm like to try out something else. I've bought a mazda, wira, Ford and savvy. I change cars almost every yr. So instead of going jap again, i'm planning on trying something new.

But the 155 sure has a good history. PLUS i like simple cars. I want a very basic car.

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
haha... don't really mind if you hate me but don't hate the marque ;)

get the 155 as basic as it can be without any modification, that's a good buy provided it is well taken care of... and trust me, you'll enjoy it...dunno about calling it a simple car though as it has the drag coefficient like a sports car heheh...

com and join us at www.italiaauto.net for more infos ;)

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
get a manual tranny 156 2.5 v6.. thats wat my dad wants now. but change his mind, collecting money for a beemer~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

which type of tyre shine do u use?? spray on or the chalky white ones? where to get those white ones from? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience