Aircond Compressor Draining Too Much Power?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
VDO doesnt have that. It's one whole control unit in the TB. You're gonna have to change the TB unit.

See this video below on how canggih VDO TB is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUQsZWmOnsA
Mine is MMC not VDO

Maybe I can consider this as next upgrade for my car since this is not very expensive.
to be frank, there is no changes in pick up but your belt life span shorter
had use it before, car feel more better to drive

This one are.. like high cam only.. no d.. worst than high cam...:biggrin:
sometimes if the drop not so high, just mod a toyota FIcd, close case, no need to waste money buy a new TB where brand new also can not use one.. last time I tried a lot of recond TB ended buy new one (that time near RM 1000) the same after fixed when aircond compressor kicks[/QUOTE]

Your explanation saved my money from buying that pulley. :biggrin:

This problem of mine only appears during very hot weather. When air cond compressor is not kicking in, then the idling is ok. On cooler weather, idling is also ok when compressor is kicking in. In fact, I did a test again on how many RPM did the compressor drain off during cooler weather and it is around 500rpm or less unlike hot weather where it takes away 1000rpm. No wonder my whole car feels very under powered during hot weather. If I want to maintain RPM at 1000-1500rpm idling during hot weather, I need to step quite a bit on the throttle to keep the RPM up. Other wise, it will drop to 500rpm or so and the RPM will jump up and down like the video.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now this explains a lot on why my car felt quite empty without the pulling feel from torque when the air cond compressor is kicking in during hot weather. When the compressor is not kicking in or on cooler weather, I can start to feel the torque pull around 2000 rpm. This dyno is done on your car?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Now this explains a lot on why my car felt quite empty without the pulling feel from torque when the air cond compressor is kicking in during hot weather. When the compressor is not kicking in or on cooler weather, I can start to feel the torque pull around 2000 rpm. This dyno is done on your car?
yes it was my car dyno few years ago. Puny powered car

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heyd top of my car boot is rustin away.currently got 3 patches..so how do i stop it frm rustin more?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience