Aircon finally died...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
After more than 1 year since the last rebuild / service... it finally died on me today at 12:45PM. Sigh... :(

Found some major leaks at the Receiver Dryer. Dang!

Anyone knows the shop recommended by vestax a while ago? Will need to go down to PJ New Town later.

Aarrgghh! There goes my paycheck... :( :(

Last edited:

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
That 'receiver drying' or usually called 'filter' is cheap right? Any shop can change... maybe i'm wrong though. I changed mine after it was found leaking also, alot of oil on top gathered.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
TiBuN said:
That 'receiver drying' or usually called 'filter' is cheap right? Any shop can change... maybe i'm wrong though. I changed mine after it was found leaking also, alot of oil on top gathered.
Got back around 3PM or so from the aircon shop... found a faulty pressure switch on the receiver itself. Lucky, only minor problem. Changed the switch + refill gas for RM 50.

Will definately go back to Hinly in PJ New Town (next to 7-11 for all my aircon servicing in the future. Fast n efficient. Now the aircon is very cold (hehehe... good stuff).

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hump....muz recon Kher 2 service his air cond there edi...sumtimes cold like sumtimes not....

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
the "filter" cost RM20 in penang only. The switch may be higher in price if use original.. up to RM70.. the imitation switch usually cannot last long as compared to the originals. I personally changed that switch 3 times already.. now using the original still working fine.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
20ringgit filter also does not last long , it gets cloged fast , so better invest on some good brands , don't get those ciplak one then u`ll be fine . yeah the original switch is pretty expensive , but those local made switch are acceptable for the price you pay for .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At about 4.00am this morning, I was awakened by my alarm sounding. Icon on my radiostar showed a break-in. I peeked outside and there it was, a GTi right beside my car, outside my parents house in Kelana Jaya. He looked at me before speeding off. I went outside to investigate. He left a still burning cigarette on the ground.

I could not disable the blaring alarm. Captor called several times and I returned call to report the attempt.

The passenger side door assembly was broken and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience