Airconditioning problems with old Satria

Kclee2002

Nov 18, 2005
Hey guys,

Having weird problems with my air-conditioning since I've rebuilt my engine last year. Problem descriptions below:

1. Air-conditioning does not immediately kick in on cold start. I have to drive around at least like anywhere between 5-10minutes before the cool air comes in. Also, you need to be in idle or driving really slowly for the a/c to kick in.

2 Air-cond does not idle well. Apparently perhaps the TB was having problems, I tried swapping out the stepper motor (4g93p) for a new unit, air-cond still goes up and down and dies off unless set the idle to at least 1500rpm(which will then eventually stabilize to 1000rpm when a/c comes in). I've also tried installing an FICD, it did bring the idle down lower, but when the a/c kicks in the engine still dies off (idle screw nearly at maximum and ficd also at max level)

3. A/C cuts off after driving constantly over a certain speed(usually above 60kph). Mechanic said this could happen if there wasn't enough refrigerant in the system, but still seems to happen eventhough I topped up the gas.

The aircond problem is driving me up the wall and I'm out of ideas on how to fix this :mad: . Do you guys perhaps know of any other things I could do? I've replaced the compressor and cleaned out the whole a/c system, but problem still persists.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So you've :

1. Topped up the gas
2. Replaced compressor with recon unit

what else? Perhaps your condensor is clogged and shit ass dirty?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was the receiver drier (black bottle filter) changed?
Check the compressor magnetic clutch. When on air con should work immediately

Air con cuts when driving fast, Is your temperature thermostat set too high. Once reach the set temperature air con does cut.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Friends

How to get waja Auto Flip Side Mirror with LED Signal?
If you have info, please inform me..

Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience