Aircond compressor kicks in making the car extremely heavy

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Good day guys.. can i do some survey here?
If your car rev at 2k rpm with neutral gear than you turn on the aircond, how many rpm does it drop?

Mine dropped 700-800rpm if i rev to 2k rpm with neutral gear, but no drop while it AC compressor kicks in when idling.

Things i've checked

1:Throttle body OK
2:AC compressor clutch OK
3:AC control valve OK

Above all was ok, so what is KOing? :adore:

enjin

Jan 29, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i believe u running on older car model. it didnt happen overnight right? if that the case, to cope with it u can do some mod that will increase ur hp. in my case i change the extractor 421, notice the heaviness is reduced when using air con. (not sure how much since i dont hv rpm meter)

of course it just helping to mask the symptom, but i didnt bother since its an old engine. always like that one

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
maybe, cause i never service aircond system for 4 years d..
Aircon is one of those things that "if it ain't broke... don't fix it". Clean it yes you can do, service no need unless got problem... like now. Might be worthwhile checking your compressor. From 2000rpm drop down to 700 is a bit weird on idle.

But even for me as long as the aircon is turned on there'll be some noticeable power 'drain'

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Aircon is one of those things that "if it ain't broke... don't fix it". Clean it yes you can do, service no need unless got problem... like now. Might be worthwhile checking your compressor. From 2000rpm drop down to 700 is a bit weird on idle.

But even for me as long as the aircon is turned on there'll be some noticeable power 'drain'
If I read correctly, he mentioned idle no problem, only when he rev to 2k RPM, then on air con it drops to 700, but I am wondering why he is doing that?:confused:

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If I read correctly, he mentioned idle no problem, only when he rev to 2k RPM, then on air con it drops to 700, but I am wondering why he is doing that?:confused:
Felt hard to get out from juntion and roundabout with aircond on, not sure how much load when the compressor kicks in.. Why i test like this is because when i driving at 1st and 2nd gear, the compressor kicks in and feel like a slightly touch on brake

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

yea bro, i also think the same, as long as still cool no reason to border with it :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

i believe u running on older car model. it didnt happen overnight right? if that the case, to cope with it u can do some mod that will increase ur hp. in my case i change the extractor 421, notice the heaviness is reduced when using air con. (not sure how much since i dont hv rpm meter)

of course it just helping to mask the symptom, but i didnt bother since its an old engine. always like that one
yea you're correct, but the anonying 1st and 2nd gear feel is still there:mad:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Felt hard to get out from juntion and roundabout with aircond on, not sure how much load when the compressor kicks in.. Why i test like this is because when i driving at 1st and 2nd gear, the compressor kicks in and feel like a slightly touch on brake
Oh! now I get you. Is more of a drag thing, engine no power when accelerating from stand still. with air con on. But I am with bro. Izso, normally if air con is cold and no problem I rather not touch it.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! now I get you. Is more of a drag thing, engine no power when accelerating from stand still. with air con on. But I am with bro. Izso, normally if air con is cold and no problem I rather not touch it.
yea i agree, really don't dare to touch later alot kacau..

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

u got grounding cables? if not try getting one installed the HKS purple from Taiwan good enuf bout rm20-25.
Yes i have grounding.. just now checked voltage at battery and alternator as well, no voltage lost :(
seems like ficd is the only choice for small cc's cars to battle with the compressor load :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yea i agree, really don't dare to touch later alot kacau..

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Yes i have grounding.. just now checked voltage at battery and alternator as well, no voltage lost :(
seems like ficd is the only choice for small cc's cars to battle with the compressor load :bawling:
But yours from idle no problem means no need ficd....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Good day guys.. can i do some survey here?
If your car rev at 2k rpm with neutral gear than you turn on the aircond, how many rpm does it drop?

Mine dropped 700-800rpm if i rev to 2k rpm with neutral gear, but no drop while it AC compressor kicks in when idling.

Things i've checked

1:Throttle body OK
2:AC compressor clutch OK
3:AC control valve OK

Above all was ok, so what is KOing? :adore:
My Persona new also like that wor. But when it kicks in, engine felt super heavy and my car will kick back.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Let me guess.. Ur car is automatic, right?

If i were u, i start saving money to buy compressor..

I had an experience.. The compressor getting heavier trough time n suddenly its stop moving

Smoke comes up coz d belt still turning but d compressor jammed already

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My Persona new also like that wor. But when it kicks in, engine felt super heavy and my car will kick back.
Bro, auto or manual 1 ?

Let me guess.. Ur car is automatic, right?

If i were u, i start saving money to buy compressor..

I had an experience.. The compressor getting heavier trough time n suddenly its stop moving

Smoke comes up coz d belt still turning but d compressor jammed already
It's manual 1, i though auto don't really felt that kick in like a brake in because of their gear ratio.

Compressor consider ok no stress twisting it with 1 finger, looking around to service compressor at least having the compressor oil change.. But no workshop do this kinda job :bawling: