Air Filter Comparison..

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i share my little 1 cent experience here about Apexi Open Port

about sound yes got but not little BOV sound psssstttt when u rev high and step on cluth to change gear......no such thing but they said for fuel enjection got. i not sure

got air sucking sound when u floor on the gas pedal.

i can hears the air sucking sound quite garang from inside(driving) but from outside i duno loud or not.

about performance......not dare to say very improved but 1 thing for sure is better than ori Proton Black Siput Filter(LMST)

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
gohkokeng: wow, open pod also not much feel, then drop in lagi no feel la...

Btw, Apexi better or K&N better(open pod type)??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
gohkokeng said:
about sound yes got but not little BOV sound psssstttt when u rev high and step on cluth to change gear......no such thing but they said for fuel enjection got. i not sure

got air sucking sound when u floor on the gas pedal.
tested on wira vr4 NA 2.0 n toyota 2.0 supercharger...when flow pedal....got the sound like BOV.....but :_:

Last edited:

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
huakenny said:
my drop-in got sound le....3inch cai...quite loud somemore...:_:
What drop in are u using?? And may i know how u connect your CAI with the air filter box ??

Got sound like BOV but...what?? fuel consumption bad??

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
hmm, can i install the CAI to my original air filter box?? Below are the pic of my current original air filter box. Must modify anything?

hobcai

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
can any1 share te pic for heat sheild since is quite important for open pod!!

any materil except metal and any sharp is most suitable ??

Jun 26, 2006
Air Filter In 88DB.com

Hey guys, i had just discovered a new website to advertise anything you wish and search for thing you need "FOC". Try this out at www.88DB.com. Cheers!

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
pifecto14 said:
hmm, can i install the CAI to my original air filter box?? Below are the pic of my current original air filter box. Must modify anything?
the CAI can be done, u can ask Ninja_iga aka Stanley for the correct hose size...2.5" if not mistaken.....

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Thanks Kenny, will look into that soon. Btw, how do we determine the size of the filter which suits our car?? And will installing open pod filter significantly increase fuel consumption??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
pifecto14 said:
Thanks Kenny, will look into that soon. Btw, how do we determine the size of the filter which suits our car?? And will installing open pod filter significantly increase fuel consumption??
if apexi open port..there is one size only...apexi dual funnel....

if knn, i think 3inch is ok....6inch somehow too big for a wira :_:

installing open port wil not show a significant increase of FC unless u change ur driving habit/style

most owners tend to flow the acceleration pedal more after change the filter coz of the sound/power they get...so the FC wil go up indirectly....

tat y many owners say open port consume FC, but instead it is NOT.

my 2cent...feel free to shoot me if im wrong...:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We reported recently that Tony Fernandes has acquired British sportscar manufacturer Caterham. The Team Lotus principal did so by buying out Caterham’s previous owners, Corven Ventures, and was listed as a director of Caterham on 12 April. Nonetheless, Fernandes elected to keep Caterham’s current Managing Director, Ansar Ali, at the helm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience