About the adjustable .

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is what I mean. If fit adjustable I am sure they will complain......hahahahahaha:rofl:
But so far, I tried in Titanrev's saga. HWL adjustables seems fine to me. But maybe like he said front driver and passengers still okay. Only passengers at the rear will suffer :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But so far, I tried in Titanrev's saga. HWL adjustables seems fine to me. But maybe like he said front driver and passengers still okay. Only passengers at the rear will suffer :rofl:
You sit, your butt ok, but parent usually different.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You sit, your butt ok, but parent usually different.....:biggrin:
Tell them..."U will get use to it"

Training them in my kancil. They drive before. They said is like a bone cracker :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw..anybody wants to swap his 5k rated adjustable spring with mine? (6k adjustable springs) for a pair....workmanship we split at your choosen shop (klang valley/melaka/n9)

Jun 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Kendiriwan and Izzo,
Thanks for the sharing.
Need some opinion again, how does my current adjustable suspension compare to installing a sport absorber combine with sport spring?
Will the effect be stiff and jumpy like my current adjustable?
Have you heard about a brand of performance sport absorber and sport spring call Proride?
Hope you could share again.
Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Kendiriwan and Izzo,
Thanks for the sharing.
Need some opinion again, how does my current adjustable suspension compare to installing a sport absorber combine with sport spring?
Will the effect be stiff and jumpy like my current adjustable?
Have you heard about a brand of performance sport absorber and sport spring call Proride?
Hope you could share again.
Thanks.
Izso la.. not Izzo

And yes to both questions.

Sport springs are shorter and stiffer, paired with short stroke sports absorbers means lesser travel and faster rebound, which usually result in bumpier road handling. The question is how much bumpier compared to hi/lo suspension.

Proride, APM Performax, GAB, SACHS, Eibach, Improve, etc all will result in bumpier ride compared to stock.

If you want cornering ability without sacrificing too much comfort - get bigger, lightweight rims and run on low profile and wider tyres. Then beef up the antiroll bars (front and back). That'll do wonders for your cornering already. It'll hurt the comfort level a little but not as much as adjustable suspension.

Having said that I don't know if they make fat antiroll bars for the Livina.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why previously I changed to sports absorbers from GAB, in order not to sacrifice too much comfort, I maintain the stock springs.
If not it will be bumpier than before. This setup can be done. Handling surely better than stock but then at least u still have some comfort in it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Livina not meant to be mod that excessively.....:biggrin:
Maybe the Sylphy bars can masuk. Rear 19mm ARB, undercarriage 4-pt bar and change the Livina front ARB to Sylphy one. Hehehehehhe

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

That's why previously I changed to sports absorbers from GAB, in order not to sacrifice too much comfort, I maintain the stock springs.
If not it will be bumpier than before. This setup can be done. Handling surely better than stock but then at least u still have some comfort in it.
Pros and cons. Short stroke sports absorbers with full length springs means the absorbers or springs will be very likely worn faster. Or was it the other way around. Either way I doubt you'll get too much performance improvement compared to full swap.

Ajustables hi/lo/soft/hard with 30+ damper settings with bodyshift laaaaaaaaaa.. everything else is inferior.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe the Sylphy bars can masuk. Rear 19mm ARB, undercarriage 4-pt bar and change the Livina front ARB to Sylphy one. Hehehehehhe

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Pros and cons. Short stroke sports absorbers with full length springs means the absorbers or springs will be very likely worn faster. Or was it the other way around. Either way I doubt you'll get too much performance improvement compared to full swap.

Ajustables hi/lo/soft/hard with 30+ damper settings with bodyshift laaaaaaaaaa.. everything else is inferior.
Yup not much. Anyway the absorbers became soft after 1 1/2 years. So almost can say back to square one.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My fully adjustable all the while pretty stiff ride. Today ferry 5 cartons of lube to my mechanic, the car damn stable and nice ride......hahahahahahaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My fully adjustable all the while pretty stiff ride. Today ferry 5 cartons of lube to my mechanic, the car damn stable and nice ride......hahahahahahaha:biggrin:
Your kids and wife also never complain. That's a good sign!

Eh when you gonna fix that leaky pipe la? Exhaust so loud it's beyond ahbeng levels liao

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your kids and wife also never complain. That's a good sign!

Eh when you gonna fix that leaky pipe la? Exhaust so loud it's beyond ahbeng levels liao
Got complain, that is why they use the Tiggo and Hyundai more.
But with 4 of us in the VR the ride not too bad......hahahahha

Actually the muffler exhaust also loud mah! But anyway, saw my mechanic yesterday, told him I am sending in on Monday. The problem is actually the exhaust manifold bolt has broken off. Probably need to take the head out to machine.....:bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Means u shud add 2 more inflated spare tyres in the boot. :rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The wait is almost over, Super GT is coming to Sepang this mid July and it’ll be the series’s first ever night race! This historic Super GT race will also feature Malaysian led GT300 class wildcard entry driven by Jazeman Jaafar and Dato’ Adrian D Silva in a Porsche GT3 R

The 2020 Autobacs SUPER GT Series:
Round 1 April – Okayama Circuit, Japan
Round 2 May – Fuji Speedway, Japan
Round 3...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience