About the adjustable .

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My fully adjustable all the while pretty stiff ride. Today ferry 5 cartons of lube to my mechanic, the car damn stable and nice ride......hahahahahahaha:biggrin:
Cannot, 3 cartons in boot full already.....:biggrin:
After finish using, refill all with water then keep in boot. Like that feel more stable with adjustables :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Aiyah! like that might as well ferry some nice chicks at the back....:biggrin:
Later your wife find some undies on your adjustables how? They left it there as souvenir

Jun 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Izso and all Guru,
Thanks for your advise again.
The Antiroll Bar i'm using is 18mm and is the biggest.
Need your help to give me some of your opinion again.
I'm thinking about a few combination
1. Stock spring with sport absorber like GAB, tien and so on, will i get less jumpy and handling will improve and at the same time the comfort still remain in a reasonable manner?
2. Sport spring with normal gas absorber, will this also improve the handling and at the same time comfort will not sacrifice too much?
3. Base on what i have on the adjustable SSR300, if i adjust it higher and will the bumpy sensation be minimize to a reasonable comfort rate and handling also still as expected?
Please advise on my above idea.
Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Izso and all Guru,
1. Stock spring with sport absorber like GAB, tien and so on, will i get less jumpy and handling will improve and at the same time the comfort still remain in a reasonable manner?
2. Sport spring with normal gas absorber, will this also improve the handling and at the same time comfort will not sacrifice too much?
3. Base on what i have on the adjustable SSR300, if i adjust it higher and will the bumpy sensation be minimize to a reasonable comfort rate and handling also still as expected?
Thanks.
1. Any sports absorber will have a fast rebound and since it's short stroke, don't expect any sort of comfort. Probably will be softer than your hi/lo but still hard. And paired with normal springs will probably shorten the lifespan of the absorber.

2. This might work, but probably will shorten the lifespan of the absorber as well. I don't know. I've been in my friends APM Performax springs + stock absorbers before, it's still bumping and too low until scraping everything. I'm used to bumpy so to me this is kinda ok. But it was similar feel to my hi/lo/soft/hard on medium hard settings.

3. Probably not. Suggest you consider a softer spring.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Izso and all Guru,
Thanks.
You can adjust the spring height to improve comfort or handling. ! A 10mm lift will give you better comfort, less bumpy. Try it.
I lifted mine 20mm and it ran over rough uneven road like nothing, very comfort. But hard driving/cornering suffered, wife complained about boat effects. So I dropped back.:banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Izso and all Guru,
Thanks.
To me, any mod to your original suspension sure bound to be more bumpy.

As for the high/lo suspension where you adjust the springs for it to go high/lo, setting them low is more comfy. Set them high is compressing the springs therefore more bumpy.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

You can adjust the spring height to improve comfort or handling. ! A 10mm lift will give you better comfort, less bumpy. Try it.
I lifted mine 20mm and it ran over rough uneven road like nothing, very comfort. But hard driving/cornering suffered, wife complained about boat effects. So I dropped back.:banghead:
Mine was the other way around....:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So bro if i were to install APM springs, but using SACHS absorbers, anything I need to take note on the setting?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Got complain, that is why they use the Tiggo and Hyundai more.
But with 4 of us in the VR the ride not too bad......hahahahha

Actually the muffler exhaust also loud mah! But anyway, saw my mechanic yesterday, told him I am sending in on Monday. The problem is actually the exhaust manifold bolt has broken off. Probably need to take the head out to machine.....:bawling:
Buy a used welding machine and DIY!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So bro if i were to install APM springs, but using SACHS absorbers, anything I need to take note on the setting?
Sachs is a little on the stiffer side, paired with the ultralow APM performax, you're expecting what exactly? Can you spell b-u-m-p-y?

Buy a used welding machine and DIY!
YAlor. Mr Marks having warehouse tool sale. Can rent out your TIG too later. To people like me. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sachs is a little on the stiffer side, paired with the ultralow APM performax, you're expecting what exactly? Can you spell b-u-m-p-y?

YAlor. Mr Marks having warehouse tool sale. Can rent out your TIG too later. To people like me. :biggrin:
:rofl: Serious? Hope gf wont complain LOL! Ya is stiff actually. 1 of the reason handling not bad LOL!
So if pair with APM Springs wont shortened my abs lifespan right? Since is not stock suspension?

I'm expecting better handling that is. :biggrin:

Just recently heard of Proride suspension. Not that costly but not cheap either for a normal proride would cost around RM400+ a set for kancil.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

i want to sit between the nice chicks..hahahah..
We will make sure to send the photo to your home minister. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sachs is long stroke if not mistaken. Long stroke + short springs = shorter lifespan lor.
Then what absorbers can be use to match the APM Springs? I know shorter stroke ones but any to recommend?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First Drive: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Hostile over-taker: Check your blind sport, BMW. The M3's doors are about to be blown off.

With its M3, BMW has owned the C-segment hot-rod market, winning hearts, minds, and comparison tests for decades. Others have competed, few have been competitive. Now Mercedes-AMG is plotting a hostile takeover of this popular niche...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience