A Simple Tutorial DIY Spray Project

ari20186

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
thax to tell us broo.......

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
bro where can get 2k colour spray? ACE shop will got?how much the price?
anyway...u handwork reali nice~!!!!

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
can be found in almost all hardware shops.. those rm5 per can. Brand such as Anchor,Arrow, Cap Matahari are among the popular being sold..

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
plan to DIY touch up my car paint. there is some deep scratch untill my car paint come out at the rear fender, can i just put the filling putty, let it dry, sand it, then spray the primer, let it dry, then spary the clear coat?
is it the normal can clear coat u using? i plan to spray on that particular part oni, will it look ugly? and after i spray, can i polish or wax it so that look nicer?

ikky9mili

Mar 28, 2006
ikkys.com
most errors are when spraying. yall should press the spray nozzle head maximum 1 second and let go. move in a left and right motion while pressing the nozzle and when an area is covered, move over to cover whole area. 2nd and 3rd coat, do the same if u wish to do so. then comes the clearcoat using the same technique. this way u dont get too much spray bleeding down and damaging the overall look.

u can buy the same color as ur car color through some hardware shop but small tin and expensive price, around rm15-18. i suggest u find a "steel paint" shop and ask for ur car color code and they will give it to u in the normal tin size (rm20-23)....

while ur there, get a rubber/foam waterproof sanding block for your sanding purposes. and the correct version of sanding paper is not those u get in a hardware shop but here. which is, 'kovac' eagle brand waterproof abrasive paper P80 for initial sanding and P320 for more fine sanding...

u can get the autocolor cement from a hardware shop. the real process is actually red color cement than yellowish-gray color cement (the steel paint shop mustve got this as well) and lastly "autocolor hard putty" for final coat.

when cementing, if say u doing ur mudguard, theres a lining usually on the metal (curves of the car/top half of the mudguard), if ur dents are below that curve, cover that up and cement the whole of the bottom half of the mudguard. this way, after sanding, u get the overall clean shave instead of tompok-tompok due to cover only the dents.

hmm... good luck!
:P

ikky9mili

Mar 28, 2006
ikkys.com
plan to DIY touch up my car paint. there is some deep scratch untill my car paint come out at the rear fender, can i just put the filling putty, let it dry, sand it, then spray the primer, let it dry, then spary the clear coat?
is it the normal can clear coat u using? i plan to spray on that particular part oni, will it look ugly? and after i spray, can i polish or wax it so that look nicer?
if so deep, ketuk first lar...
or not, after 2-3 month, or cement jatuh setompok kalau berat sangat....

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
no need ketuk bcoz it still in shape, oni the old pain is totally scratch out. can see a small part of the metal...will pay a visit to ACE hardware tml, and see if anyone there can help me out on telling me which one to buy. now problem is dunno what is my car color. and unable to locate my car color code also...normally where the car color code located ar?

ikky9mili

Mar 28, 2006
ikkys.com
either d driver door, the front hood or the manual. if ur car is proton/perodua, u can get like i said those oem spray-tin at ur nearest local hardware shop. but u can go to a "steel paint" shop and ask for ur car color, they will mix for u and put in tin straight away... kinda cool.... nearest steel paint to me is taman delima cheras, jalan 34/154. no:37. good luck! (just behind bandar tun hussien onn)

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
got the putty, the plastic scarb, the sand paper...tml will put on the putty and sand it...but i not yet get the primer and paint, i cant find the paint that look alike my car color. anyone noe where is the shop that selling variety of spray paint or any steel shop that can mix the paint around PJ area?i cant locate the color code also, door, hood...dun have, oni got my car model number and enginze code...:(...if let say i put the putty, sand it, then nvr paint it for sometime, ok ar?will the putty crack or some out if i dun paint it?

ikky9mili

Mar 28, 2006
ikkys.com
got the putty, the plastic scarb, the sand paper...tml will put on the putty and sand it...but i not yet get the primer and paint, i cant find the paint that look alike my car color. anyone noe where is the shop that selling variety of spray paint or any steel shop that can mix the paint around PJ area?i cant locate the color code also, door, hood...dun have, oni got my car model number and enginze code...:(...if let say i put the putty, sand it, then nvr paint it for sometime, ok ar?will the putty crack or some out if i dun paint it?
not really, itll stick.. put look not nice ler :P, whats ur car model and what color?

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
my car is nissan sentra N13 year 1988, color...i really no idea...i saw under the hood, stated color : trim color guranicion...i dunno what the hell is that mean. it look like dark green...metalic...or mayb dark jade for me...really headache dunno where to get the paint...haha...
this is my car, anyone noe this is what color ar?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/sky_lor/CIMG1784.jpg

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone know where to find Duplicolor MetalCast Paint?

Been trying to find this in ACE Hardware, AEON Hardware, hardware shops in PJ. All carrying Abbro, Krylon, Anchor.

Can see online, but it is compressed canister, can't order from abroad.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience