A Simple Tutorial DIY Spray Project

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
broken sword said:
do you mean use epoxy primer? i'm kinda blur on this primer thing.... what brand? where can get this item? hardware shop? :angel_smile:

Its juz called 'primer spray'.the usuall brands are Cap Matahari & Arrow Brand.. look for P/S Grey.. code number 5 :regular_smile: Its quite hard to find, but they sold this in hardware stores..

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
JGE_4G15 said:
FoarGeez sifu......
does this diy spray project steps applies to steel rims as well?
for rims no need to putty or prime.. can prime if u want to but not so thick else it'll crack.. juz spray staight oso can... juz clear the old paint off completely.. primer are juz to make the color a lil bit nicer n smoother finishin.. tats all.. :regular_smile:

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
FoarGeez said:
Its juz called 'primer spray'.the usuall brands are Cap Matahari & Arrow Brand.. look for P/S Grey.. code number 5 :regular_smile: Its quite hard to find, but they sold this in hardware stores..
thanx dude, thats really help.... now i see the light.... later i go check at local hardware store..... P/S grey stand for what aaa? it's colour ka?:regular_smile:

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
FoarGeez said:
for rims no need to putty or prime.. can prime if u want to but not so thick else it'll crack.. juz spray staight oso can... juz clear the old paint off completely.. primer are juz to make the color a lil bit nicer n smoother finishin.. tats all.. :regular_smile:
thanks bro...
my OEM steel rims r rusty le...
no extra $$$ to change sports rims...
so have to diy le..
thanks for ur advise.....

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
FoarGeez said:
yep.. its called Primer Surface Grey.. gray color..
thanx bro for the xplanation:X-: .. so the process would be like this...
1) clean the spray area... dasboard, door panel etc
2) spray primer
3) immedietly spray the colour we wanted while the primer is wet or wait until it dry?:retarded:

edlim

Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
KV
man tis is a real good DIY..
question:
how to remove the rivet point?
scare i damage the skirting or bumper...
btw, its PU skirt.

thks :)

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
b.sword, giv the paint dry for every 1/2 n hour b4 getting new coat

edlim, rivets? mmm... so far i dont know how 2 remove the point cuz the rivet head always pop out from the body.. unless u use screws then can cover the screw with car putty... im afraid u might juz hafto spray it.. like mine, my car is black. So i juz stick a black sticker ontop of the rivets.. seems to conceal n blends the rivets wit the paint job...

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
FoarGeez said:
b.sword, giv the paint dry for every 1/2 n hour b4 getting new coat

edlim, rivets? mmm... so far i dont know how 2 remove the point cuz the rivet head always pop out from the body.. unless u use screws then can cover the screw with car putty... im afraid u might juz hafto spray it.. like mine, my car is black. So i juz stick a black sticker ontop of the rivets.. seems to conceal n blends the rivets wit the paint job...
u mean let the primer dry after 1/2 hour and then only spray the paint..... d primer works as adhesive to hold the paint on surface...for example dashboard..... is it? hhehee sorry for asking many question :X-:

XtasyM

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
wanna ask a question ... where u guyz get ur 2k paint can ?? i cant find any till now ...

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
broken sword,
u got dat right bro.. juz try then u'll know how it works.. i mean try on other stuff 1st..

XtasyM,
normal hardware stores got.. spray can types liao..

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
FoarGeez said:
after doing some survey on this primer... here's my finding
1)DPI adhesion promoter 228's, all purpose flexible sealer RM 18.90... stated on the can that it's suitable for surface that paint alone hard to bond, for example plastic bumper, metal etc
2) Anchor spray, for undercoat p/s 5....RM 5 to 7
..... will update if find more:X-:

which of this one are best for plastic and dashboard surface and similiar to primer spray stated by FOARGEEz? can anyone help me...:emoticon_U:

adornis

Known Member
May 1, 2005
good job:)

what car is that and how much u bought the lip? how much is the total cost for your DIY project?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,

Recently there was this blue iswara in the CTA track event, my friend told me the guy was running on stock carb 4g13 engine. I was totally shock when he said that he was fast on the track. I read a blog Getting It Bigger: A Ride With Johor Race Spec Saga , it was really stock and according the blogger they follow johor regulation where 13" tyres are used with stock brake systems and carb. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience