a friend of mine had a nasty accident and still alive!

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
zybisko14 said:
My car, not doing good, took me one week to get the relevant reports and forms. esp, the pak polisi report. a question to you all, in this case are we normally subjected to a summon? even tho, it's not my fault? i was about to be given one until i took the "unoffcial" way to handle it. :questionm
if you went off the road by yourself, with no other party involved, usually, you will not get any summons, unless the police have proof of something else, say...reckless driving.. etc. if there is a witness..etc. if not, they shouldnt summon you at all.

as for that kancil accident, i would put it down more to bad luck. apparently, the car hit a stationary bus parked in the emergency lane.

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Dude .. are u sure? even if u driving alone in the highway and u hit the railing u need to pay RM300, i think its a standard thing is it .. ? ... From what i know, the police report can be obtained in a few days (need to get the copy certified thats all), most of the delay is going to be wasted in the insurance claim process... You drove a Wira SE rite, i also same car accident ler .. but not so teruk.. just front part kemek .. and tht is alredy taking more then a month to clear .. everytime call .. they say waiting for tht report la .. this report ler .. Grgrgr ..and make sure they use ori parts... !

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
RPM_freak said:
Dude .. are u sure? even if u driving alone in the highway and u hit the railing u need to pay RM300, i think its a standard thing is it .. ? ... From what i know, the police report can be obtained in a few days (need to get the copy certified thats all), most of the delay is going to be wasted in the insurance claim process... You drove a Wira SE rite, i also same car accident ler .. but not so teruk.. just front part kemek .. and tht is alredy taking more then a month to clear .. everytime call .. they say waiting for tht report la .. this report ler .. Grgrgr ..and make sure they use ori parts... !
yea..hitting public thing hv to get summon as well....n govern dept wil claim ur car insurance for their lost...

insurance claim process wil not tak e long time if all the things done properly...

for a not so serious case like front collision..bout 10days is ok to colect oledi ur car...of coz it depends on workshop itself..

original parts r apply to cars below 5yrs old...if ur car older than 5years....used original parts or non-oem parts wil be given...of coz can use 100%original new parts but u gotta bear the betterment costs

*insurance stuffs, headache la

_cruel_

Known Member
Jul 29, 2004
pee jay
confirm hitting stuff like railing or govt property must pay summon for damaging govt property.. where else if u get summon for accident is another issue....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
_cruel_ said:
confirm hitting stuff like railing or govt property must pay summon for damaging govt property.. where else if u get summon for accident is another issue....
accident oso confirm take summon if u r the faulty person

or both oso kena summon if both oso wrong

wat u mean accident is another isue? i not so uns

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
RPM_freak said:
if we caused an accident, then there will be summon for sure.
the saman will normally state 'gagal mengawal kenderaan'
in case of hitting highway railings @ divider, PLUS will just claim from our car insurance. that is why, it is compulsory to have 3rd party coverage.

for new cars 4 years and below, Bank Negara regulation is all parts must replace with new and genuine items.
example for proton cars... black color bonnet is genuine. grey is non genuine. genuine one is a lot heavier than non genuine.

for cars age 5 years, betterment is 15% from new lists(not net items) parts price.
meaning if the bonnet RRP is RM1,000.
minus trade discount 20% @ RM200
minus betterment 15% out of RM800 = RM120
insurance will pay RM680.

but insurance policy allows them to pay non genuine items instead once car is 5 years or older. for example my car is 9 years old. headlamp is terrible olredi even though original. it wont be fair for insurance to pay new headlamps when the broken one is 9 years old. if that's the case, there will be so many fraud claims arising which is unneccesary.

in order to ensure genuine items fitted, we can always send our cars to franchise workshop instead of independent repairer. no hassle, but normally franchise dealers will wait until approval comes from the insurer then only will start repair. where else, independent repair will commence repair once adjsuter had surveyed the car no matter how much the insurance pay.

in the case of 2 cars accident from diffferent direction (eg X jucntion with traffic lights) and police not sure whose fault, they will put this case as RTI. nobody get summon.

* RTI = refer to insurance.

zybisko14

Oct 18, 2005
Dear all,
latest news, my car has been declared total loss! did calculations and will only get back 1-2k i have insured for 42k and only gave me back 36k. this process will take about 1 month to complete

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
good for you. at least, got some cash to pay deposit for a new car. so what will be ur new car? myvi maybe? premium spec with airbag??

or the tough savvy??

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
I too had a nasty car accident 3 years ago.....was on my way back from alor star > KL, happened on the highway near Penang. How it happened? I dunno, you gotta ask that blardy towtruck bastard who sabotage the road by pouring oil onto it.

actually the police who investigated the accident site told me that there were OIL PATCHES on the road...exactly the part of the highway where my car skidding and lost control. no wonder right after my car halted, there were already one bugger (towtruck people) stood next to my car. And the moment i got down from the wreckage, that bugger asked me "Want towing service??".

Well, my car started spinning around and lost control when i wanted to change lane, i was doing around 100kmh at that time. The moment i move my steering (changing lane) , my front lost grip and my car went side ways.

me and my gf were in the car.

i saw the whole accident....ever sat in a car that is spinning? i had, and i saw how my car hit the dividers.

But we were both blessed because the engine stalled when it was hitting the dividers due to the damages, but then the car safely rolled onto the emergency lane....luckily the car didn't stop right in the middle fo the highway. Or else, i wouldn't be typing in this forum today....the accident happened at late night , there were a lot of lorries zooming past. Thank God!

I had my greatest fear right after my car stopped on the emergency lane....i called out to my gf, she didn't respond. The backrest of her seat was all bent due to the back impact (car was spinning around, thus there were crashed from the back)....even a Recaro was bent, just imagine the impact from the back!! I could see that she wasn't moving nor responding....i thought something really bad happened to her. I even thought that she died. Quickly i got out from the drivers seat, ran over to her side....checked her pulse and checked whether was she breathing. Yup, she was breathing. That was the sh1ttest feeling i ever had...that is thinking your love one died in front of you.

one pakcik came and helped us....called the PLUS for help, the sent an ambulance, but the ambulance was on the other side of the highway. damn stupid, i already told them i was on the highway from Alor Star >> KL. so, they took another 10 minutes to make a U-turn. damn!!

They took us to Seberang Jaya Hospital....then another frustruating incident. My gf was on the stretcher, moaning in pain and she was shivering....we had a bad concussion on the brain. The doctor at the emergency ward was attending one uncle. Then the doctor came, and know what...the doctor told us "Tunggu sekejap.....saya pergo minum dulu". I was so angry then, but i could not do anything. We waited for another 5 minutes for the doctor to finish minum.

Later that night, her mother came and we checked out from this shitty gov hospital....we went to penang Loh Guan Lye hospital.

As for my car, the whole front was wrecked ...especially on the left side.

Leesya

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
nuggyn:
oh god, kesian to your gf......
luckly the doctor dun say "tunggu sekejap....next shift doctor....."
tats y i oso dun prefered govt hospital....but sometimes no choice....

Leesya

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
zybisko14 said:
Dear all,
latest news, my car has been declared total loss! did calculations and will only get back 1-2k i have insured for 42k and only gave me back 36k. this process will take about 1 month to complete
how to declared as total loss?

zybisko14

Oct 18, 2005
nuggyn, i am glad we can exchange our experience in accidents. i am glad i walked out of my car unscratched. to be inside a car out of control is totally scary. although it lasted max 10 secs, but hell, it felt like eternity. and some more during the crash i was heading towards an oil palm plantation, imagine this: a place full of trees, high speed, no control.

my car was doing several turns, it was like inside a washing machine. up was down and down was up. i didn't actually have the time to think of dying, instead it was worrying how to repair this car, silly innit?

zybisko14

Oct 18, 2005
Leesya said:
how to declared as total loss?
well, the adjuster went to see the damaged occured on my car and declared it total loss. meaning it was beyond repair or not worth the repair. but am glad it was a total loss because the chasis will not hold its integrity anymore. but a little sad because it is my road partner for these 2 years.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
waa... sad case... after such accident still can update blog... haha... consider ur fren vr lucky adi lo...

the car like that can claim total loss ar??...

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
I had a friend once involved in an accident driving his wira .macam biasa the mad drivers instinct took over him and he skided and hit a barrier .. he broke his leg and had some minor injuries..but all the way to the hospital he saying .. MY DAD IS GONNA KILL ME MAN >> !! .. DIE LA !! .. can see his bone sticking out of his leg and he is crying that his dad gonna kill him .. :biggrin: geuss everyone fears a good lashing from their pop then a broken leg .. hehe ! .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello sifu's,

I am interested in leveling up my FL, and have a roadmap in mind.
Hope sifu's can give me guidance on where to get the parts and where to get magic hand mechanics :)

Basically I am looking at daily driving improvement, and a little bit of Kuala Klawang'ing :D
No forced induction, just wanna improve the N/A Campro. I'd like replace some of the OEM parts with better aftermarket stuff, improving the basic functions and drive-ability. Looking towards...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience