Monkii Whitehouse and friends goes charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Monkii Whitehouse, an event management company, has recently organised a charity convoy trip last Sunday (4th December 2011). Jonathan Yam, organiser for the event, aims to raise awareness of the social welfare among automotive enthusiasts. Various car clubs have turned up to support the event.

The invited car clubs have happily donated RM800 in total for the organisers to purchase goods and food products to be brought to the charity home, Rumah Kids - Subang Home 2. The Monkii Whitehouse guys were tasked to do hypermarket shopping to purchase the charity items.

Goods were loaded up into the cars to be brought to the charity home for the event.

Everyone gathered at Bukil Jalil Park at 9.30 AM on that Sunday and waited for everyone else to arrive before the convoy starts to make their way to the Rumah Kids. The first people that arrived to the first gathering spot were from Team Empire. Below are the photos of various car clubs that arrived on that day.

Auto Revolution

Team Force

Team Cyfer

Team Impact

Once everyone arrived and was ready to roll out, they made their journey to Hainam Kopi Tiam at Bukit Jalil. Everyone gathered around the table for a hearty breakfast feast.

It was a very good time to hang around and mingle about with other car clubs. People were chatting away and exchanging ideas on automotive interests.

After a late breakfast, the convoy group starts their journey to the charity home, Rumah Kids, located at USJ1 Subang.

Honda Integra DC2 leading the way

Followed by an Ichigo

PET giving thumbs up

The convoy arrived at the Rumah Kids charity home at about 1 PM. They unloaded the charity goods from their cars and given it to underprivileged children of the home.

Various goods to be given away for donation

Everyone poses for the camera again

Mr. George, management from Rumah Kids, provided a brief talk about the condition of the children in Rumah Kids. Standing next to him is Jonathan Yam, organiser of the convoy drive.

After the brief talk, people started munching their finger lickin' good. Children were very happy to be surrounded by automotive people. Car club members were able to bring up automotive interest in these young minds.

The children

Overall it was a great event, where automotive members were able to participate, mingle around and contribute to the overall welfare of the lesser fortunate people. If you are keen on helping out in any good charitable causes, you can contact Jonathan Yam directly from his groups' Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monkii-Whitehouse/133712646681965

Thank you for the photography support given by Jonathan Yam and his crew.

Attachments

Last edited:

bladerunner

500 RPM
Nov 8, 2006
No disprespect, but what made these ricers contribute so generously?

Also, is Team Impact the biggest club in KL, maybe the counrty??? :biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
They are doing CSR = Car Society Responsibility.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
and this is news worthy because.... ? lots of car clubs do charity drives. what makes this Monkii Whitehouse any different to deserve front page coverage. oh wait, cause the organizer is actually a for-profit entity, an event's company! thats why non-profit car clubs doing charity don't get their 3 minutes of fame on ZTH but these guys do!

hypothetically, it would make sense if someone was making a quick buck out of featuring an event company doing a charity rather than non-profit car clubs eh.

you know what kinda charity news deserve front page coverage?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/175871-team-g-1-jpm-racing-for-charity-launch.html

That. Racing, Winning, and Raising 350k for a cause. Don't post these kinda rubbish on the front page promoting an events company really. Well, that's just my opinion.

They are doing CSR = Car Society Responsibility.
more like Corporate Sales Reputation. oh look we're on ZTH, we are featured, we've got reputation! hire us! we're an awesome events company.

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Because it was event, a gathering and automotive club gatherings are "automotive stories". Then you must sorely complain to Hypertune and other local car magazines for featuring recent charity runs by other car clubs. If their magazine to do it, I do not see the reasons why you shouldn't.

Did I specifically said I want to feature an event company? Dude, they are an Event Company by nature. It's all about writing the truth, not makebelieve story from fairy tales. Did I even say "hire them for events"? Stop daydreaming, why are you even awake at 4 AM in the morning, geez.

The main reason it's up here because "car enthuasiasts gathering" while performing "social welfare" If you know any charitable events, who's done by non-profit organisations, feel free to notify me for coverage.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
a cop receiving a bribe won't admit they were receiving a bribe. I never said this article wasn't true. i was asking what is it doing here. it seems some event company did a charity event and someone probably got something in return to get it featured here, thats what i'm saying.

its not newsworthy by ZTH standards - based on ZTH's historical news coverage trends. car clubs do charity all the time, one such club called Auto Preview is setup to do just that, charity. I don't see ZTH featuring them.

and don't compare ZTH to Hypertune, ZTH is way better in content, feature and the English language. If I wanted to ogle at girls I'll get Hypertune (they are very good at it), but I don't and thats why I'm here. Hypertune features girls with almost every car they cover, have bad grammer and looks more like a parts catalogue. My English is bad enough, I don't want that, last thing I want is somebody blocking my clear view of Blackhowling's behind or the curvy body.

case in point here: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...atured-blackhowlings-wild-and-wide-supra.html

look ma no girls!

and what I do at 4AM is none of your business really. but you being a "journalist", be prepared to receive criticism. if you don't like it you can throw in the towel.

The main reason it's up here because "car enthuasiasts gathering" while performing "social welfare" If you know any charitable events, who's done by non-profit organisations, feel free to notify me for coverage.
an Event Company is NOT a non-profit organisation, so why is it here. slapping yourself much?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
what's it gotta do with bribe. i think you better be careful with your words. it is against the law to cause libel and malice to anyone, especially claiming something i didn't do. if it's a car gathering or event, then it should be posted? Maybe you haven't been putting your eyes where it should have belonged to. Anyways, Tom knows Jonathan and it's that simple.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-1-part-3-kelab-alami-to-walkers-the-zon.html

check that out. that's zth doing community work as well. i wasn't part of zth's tenure. since back then when auto preview did charity and such. so, don't blame it on me, blame it on the past people who didn't write about anything related to it. if you want to run a charity event and you want me to follow up, sure, invite me to that event. regardless if the event was performed by an events company for a non profit organisation such as Rumah Kids, shouldn't it be charity.

if you really want to be so calculative, why not blame zth for not doing a cover up on s1k races recently in sepang? i believe thats more relevant to zth, right? unfortunately, there's only so many of us, and we are all contributors, not staffs.

it doesn't have to be hypertune, there are other car magazines, such as kereta and automania, no necessity of girls around. though lesser known. compared to other crappy magazines, at least it is free readouts here. if you want quality work, you can look at paultan.org , why? the staff are better paid, here we are just contributors (read our tags, please).

since when i claimed i was a journalist, as again, read the tags above, "contributor", not staff. anyways, i don't really care about that car. i didn't even commented nor like it. doesn't matter if tons of girls want to caress the car or blocking the view. (i'm sure the said owner of the car would prefer it to be surrounded by girls) why don't you invite that guy for a cup of tea, to view it in real rather digitally?

oh i receive critisisms, thank you very much. thanks for your feedback. i think you need some coffee... (hope you like some of my critisisms too, for a fellow human being) I suggest something to read while dealing with your sleepiness.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/howtobeamensch.htm

P.S : zerotohundred.com is also an events company, check out our recent Shell Helix Drive articles. So if an event company can't do charity, then all of them should be outlawed from Malaysia.

a cop receiving a bribe won't admit they were receiving a bribe. I never said this article wasn't true. i was asking what is it doing here. it seems some event company did a charity event and someone probably got something in return to get it featured here, thats what i'm saying.

its not newsworthy by ZTH standards - based on ZTH's historical news coverage trends. car clubs do charity all the time, one such club called Auto Preview is setup to do just that, charity. I don't see ZTH featuring them.

and don't compare ZTH to Hypertune, ZTH is way better in content, feature and the English language. If I wanted to ogle at girls I'll get Hypertune (they are very good at it), but I don't and thats why I'm here. Hypertune features girls with almost every car they cover, have bad grammer and looks more like a parts catalogue. My English is bad enough, I don't want that, last thing I want is somebody blocking my clear view of Blackhowling's behind or the curvy body.

case in point here: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...atured-blackhowlings-wild-and-wide-supra.html

look ma no girls!

and what I do at 4AM is none of your business really. but you being a "journalist", be prepared to receive criticism. if you don't like it you can throw in the towel.

an Event Company is NOT a non-profit organisation, so why is it here. slapping yourself much?

Last edited:

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
"it doesn't have to be hypertune, there are other car magazines, such as kereta and automania, no necessity of girls around. though lesser known. compared to other crappy magazines, at least it is free readouts here. if you want quality work, you can look at paultan.org , why? the staff are better paid, here we are just contributors (read our tags, please).

since when i claimed i was a journalist, as again, read the tags above, "contributor", not staff. anyways, i don't really care about that car. i didn't even commented nor like it. doesn't matter if tons of girls want to caress the car or blocking the view. (i'm sure the said owner of the car would prefer it to be surrounded by girls) why don't you invite that guy for a cup of tea, to view it in real rather digitally?"
I'm relatively new here so don't shoot me ah. Being a 'contributor' rather than a 'staff' is not an excuse to say your piece of work is of less quality compared to someone who is being 'better compensated' for it. Being a contributor, your main motivation on completing a task should be your sheer passion for what you're doing. If money is your motivation, I think you better stop contributing, else the ZTH will be of 'less quality' compared to Paultan.org etc., that's what you said, yes?

Also, someone PM-ed me this, I can't tell you who though. What does it mean anyways?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
I'm relatively new here so don't shoot me ah. Being a 'contributor' rather than a 'staff' is not an excuse to say your piece of work is of less quality compared to someone who is being 'better compensated' for it. Being a contributor, your main motivation on completing a task should be your sheer passion for what you're doing. If money is your motivation, I think you better stop contributing, else the ZTH will be of 'less quality' compared to Paultan.org etc., that's what you said, yes?

Also, someone PM-ed me this, I can't tell you who though. What does it mean anyways?

there was no money involved and basically i contributed based on the basis that is right. also to note, some people besides me are motivated to write articles that are simply promoting their own interests, than anything else for the best of automotive world. It's no open secret that a front page photo of a thread belonging to one of the writers here clearly watermarked with an URL of another site of his own, isn't that conflict of self interest? He posts nothing for Zerotohundred.com all the time, except unless it's related to that site.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...e-mega-gathering-2011-invasion-putrajaya.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...esome-a-couple-of-silvia-s13s-having-fun.html

what i meant is that, we are not paid for what we do. we are not reimbursed wages, travelling allowances and all that necessity to actually be there in the field. it's not gonna come out of our own pocket right? are you gonna do something that's just gonna end up detrimental to your own time and wallet? of course, being a non-paid volunteer, we try our best to contribute articles. however, you do have believe, you can't satisfy each other. If every thing was so easily pleasing, we would all be driving Protons here and live in a conformist world. There's bound to have disagreements on how the world should work. There's a clear difference about passion. One of the forumers has mentioned it on another thread and that being ixeo himself.

seriously, its plain obvious the guy's an idiot with passion. passion alone is not going to get things done. put him in the trunk and get someone worthy in the driver's seat.
of course there is passion involved, else we'd just write crappy articles, but that hasn't been the case. also point to note. did you remembered about Dinesh and keshy? They were originally staffs of Zerotohundred.com but they are no longer with us. I was the last batch hired as a staff. During my travels in Europe doing my automotive coverage works, Tom has changed the Staff tag to Contributor tag without telling us the differences. He has not briefed us anything and never updated our job scope. I have been organising a meet to meet him for the past month or so, but he hasn't been free to answer me. I have not bothered with the tag on my Facebook account as well, I just left it there and didn't bothered. I do know who actually posted that PM to you and it's no open secret. But all that being said, he can hide all he wants behind a keyboard.

What happens to keshy and Dinesh now? keshy writes for Top Gear Malaysia and Dineshfor Hypertune.

Last edited:

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
kevin lee, just dont reply theres no need to on your end and they will be hitting the walls if u know what i mean.

To be fair i do agree that the post you made was lacking in focus athough there was an integra and ichigo leading the pack but then again who am i to discriminate???

just my 2 cents but in all due respect credits should be given to kevin la he did write up about a charity after all albeit the not so ZTH focussed cars.

why do i even have time to reply to this? i guess xmas is around the corner thats why and im on holiday mood! Seasons greetings all and CHILL OUT yo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
what's it gotta do with bribe. i think you better be careful with your words. it is against the law to cause libel and malice to anyone, especially claiming something i didn't do. if it's a car gathering or event, then it should be posted? Maybe you haven't been putting your eyes where it should have belonged to. Anyways, Tom knows Jonathan and it's that simple.
Did I accuse anybody of anything. I said it seems, it appears. I did not make any accusations. I don't have to be careful with anything, unless of course you are making a subtle threat asking me to be careful. Do inform me, preferably in bold large caps if you are making a threat because I am rather ignorant towards threats unless its in my face.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-1-part-3-kelab-alami-to-walkers-the-zon.html

check that out. that's zth doing community work as well. i wasn't part of zth's tenure. since back then when auto preview did charity and such. so, don't blame it on me, blame it on the past people who didn't write about anything related to it. if you want to run a charity event and you want me to follow up, sure, invite me to that event. regardless if the event was performed by an events company for a non profit organisation such as Rumah Kids, shouldn't it be charity.
ZTH is doing a coverage about its own event. Thats why its on the front page. See the guys in the pictures? They are wearing shirts with ZTH logo on it.

if you really want to be so calculative, why not blame zth for not doing a cover up on s1k races recently in sepang? i believe thats more relevant to zth, right? unfortunately, there's only so many of us, and we are all contributors, not staffs.
I didn't blame ZTH for failing to cover all the motorsports event, I blame you for posting a charity event that isn't worthy of ZTH frontpage, well, on the frontpage. What makes THIS charity drive different from all those that has been done prior to be on the frontpage? Cause last I checked the only other charity drive that made it to the frontpage was the JP Chin one. And that was raising RM350k, and they were racing, and that was worthy of frontpage time.

it doesn't have to be hypertune, there are other car magazines, such as kereta and automania, no necessity of girls around. though lesser known. compared to other crappy magazines, at least it is free readouts here. if you want quality work, you can look at paultan.org , why? the staff are better paid, here we are just contributors (read our tags, please).
So contributors can do half-assed jobs? Is that what you are saying? Izso does great work with his hands, so does r3k4hsttub. So far the only one doing half assed job is you. Please, don't drag other contributors down the drain with you.

since when i claimed i was a journalist, as again, read the tags above, "contributor", not staff. anyways, i don't really care about that car. i didn't even commented nor like it. doesn't matter if tons of girls want to caress the car or blocking the view. (i'm sure the said owner of the car would prefer it to be surrounded by girls) why don't you invite that guy for a cup of tea, to view it in real rather digitally?
My fellow ZTH member t_danker seems to disagree with you, Mr.Staff of ZTH. Slapping yourself much?

oh i receive critisisms, thank you very much. thanks for your feedback. i think you need some coffee... (hope you like some of my critisisms too, for a fellow human being) I suggest something to read while dealing with your sleepiness.

How to Be a Mensch
nothing worthy to respond here.

P.S : zerotohundred.com is also an events company, check out our recent Shell Helix Drive articles. So if an event company can't do charity, then all of them should be outlawed from Malaysia.
Wow you are good at going in circles, like a dog chasing its own tail. Good thing I'm great at training bitches.

1. I never said event company cannot do charity
2. I never said charity events shouldn't be featured
3. I asked WHY is a charity event, done by a FOR-PROFIT events company, featured on THE FRONT PAGE of ZTH. Why is it NEWSWORTHY to be on the front page of ZTH??

I said it is NOT newsworthy of front page, and I suspect somebody is making a profit for featuring it on the front page. In case your English fails you, its a suspicion, not an allegation.

You answered me this:

Here you say to inform you for coverage if its a charitable event done by non-profit organisations, then on the other hand you provide coverage for a for-profit organisations doing charitable event. So what makes this so special do deserve front page time? They raised RM350k? they won a race? they did something notable? Or they paid someone so they can be featured on the frontpage?

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Did I accuse anybody of anything. I said it seems, it appears. I did not make any accusations. I don't have to be careful with anything, unless of course you are making a subtle threat asking me to be careful. Do inform me, preferably in bold large caps if you are making a threat because I am rather ignorant towards threats unless its in my face.
i only warned you to be careful with your words.

ZTH is doing a coverage about its own event. Thats why its on the front page. See the guys in the pictures? They are wearing shirts with ZTH logo on it.
so? that means any other charity events cant be posted, that falls for the JPM event as well.

I didn't blame ZTH for failing to cover all the motorsports event, I blame you for posting a charity event that isn't worthy of ZTH frontpage, well, on the frontpage. What makes THIS charity drive different from all those that has been done prior to be on the frontpage? Cause last I checked the only other charity drive that made it to the frontpage was the JP Chin one. And that was raising RM350k, and they were racing, and that was worthy of frontpage time.
how do you measure worthiness

So contributors can do half-assed jobs? Is that what you are saying? Izso does great work with his hands, so does r3k4hsttub. So far the only one doing half assed job is you. Please, don't drag other contributors down the drain with you.
Yeah, r3k4hsttub gets a free trip to Germany, what do I get from all this? Only grief. Izso hardly writes as much if you noticed now too.

Wow you are good at going in circles, like a dog chasing its own tail. Good thing I'm great at training bitches.

1. I never said event company cannot do charity
2. I never said charity events shouldn't be featured
3. I asked WHY is a charity event, done by a FOR-PROFIT events company, featured on THE FRONT PAGE of ZTH. Why is it NEWSWORTHY to be on the front page of ZTH??

I said it is NOT newsworthy of front page, and I suspect somebody is making a profit for featuring it on the front page. In case your English fails you, its a suspicion, not an allegation.
Sorry I am human, I think you should be spending more time with your own female dogs in hope they won't bite back.

1. and 2. no you didn't but it was a combination that led no 3.
3. WHY? I merely answered, it IS related to automotive gatherings and social welfare, I already answered you, maybe you are selective in reading, so please read up!

Here you say to inform you for coverage if its a charitable event done by non-profit organisations, then on the other hand you provide coverage for a for-profit organisations doing charitable event. So what makes this so special do deserve front page time? They raised RM350k? they won a race? they did something notable? Or they paid someone so they can be featured on the frontpage?
any form of donation, rather it be rm800 or rm350k, is an amount, donation is never about the sum of money. it is a cause of goodwill. so does it mean that those guys have to donate rm350k to get all that coverage? i'm bringing awareness to people about charity work, that is ALL, seriously

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
there was no money involved and basically i contributed based on the basis that is right. also to note, some people besides me are motivated to write articles that are simply promoting their own interests, than anything else for the best of automotive world. It's no open secret that a front page photo of a thread belonging to one of the writers here clearly watermarked with an URL of another site of his own, isn't that conflict of self interest? He posts nothing for Zerotohundred.com all the time, except unless it's related to that site.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...e-mega-gathering-2011-invasion-putrajaya.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...esome-a-couple-of-silvia-s13s-having-fun.html
Kevin Lee,

Since my photos are in one of the links that you have mentioned and both are my friends, I have to step in for this to get things clear: First of all, the website is his and basically he is only providing a reference to the original article which only proper for this news brief, so that it doesn't look like plagiarism which fulfills what you mentioned in the other thread. Bear in mind that the article is written by another ZTH forummer in that website if you notice it, so he is only providing the credits to the writer from the linkage.

check that out. that's zth doing community work as well. i wasn't part of zth's tenure. since back then when auto preview did charity and such. so, don't blame it on me, blame it on the past people who didn't write about anything related to it.
Secondly, this time you put ZTH's name on the line. Why on earth that you as a ZTH Contributor encouraging the public to blame on your own employer ZTH for that?

What happens to keshy and Dinesh now? keshy writes for Top Gear Malaysia and Dineshfor Hypertune.
Yeah, r3k4hsttub gets a free trip to Germany, what do I get from all this? Only grief. Izso hardly writes as much if you noticed now too.
If you are not satisfied with what you get, please launch a complain to Tom and not dragging the whole list of ex/current Staff/Contributors and air it out to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience