Headlights Restoration in a few steps with friends.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well, last weekend, just had a detailing DIT with some great friends. Thanks to for their help and guidance, I manage to get a new pair of headlights without even needing to buy one.

Here are just some photos. Well, sorry that I got over excited about it and forgot to snap the before & after photos properly. Only after finished sanding the headlights I came to realised that, I forgot to snap some photos to share.

Anyway, just hope the owner of this photo do not mind me borrowing his photo. Just to show that my headlights was something like the BEFORE photo but much more yellow than that. (mind the after photo, not done by me.)

(credits to owner of this photo. Just pinjam-ing. Not my job)

From here onwards, here is what we did. But not much photos but will explain the process.

So we started off with sandpaper 400 grit and dry sand the headlights until we don't see it yellowish anymore. That's where we suppose to stop.

After that, we go to 600 grit & 800. Sand until it is smooth enough. How do we know? Just pour some water and if it flows smoothly, then is fine. That's where u can start move on to next grit example from 600 - 800 grit.

Next step is 1000grit which is gonna be wet sanding. After that, we move up to the last one which is 1500grit. U will feel that the sandpaper is more fine this time. '

After Sanding

50 : 50 Comparisons

After finish applying 1 spoon of spar-urethane + mineral Spirits

Comparisons of Before and After

Well hope you guys don't mind that I missed out lots of photos on the steps.
Will be doing another car next round, so will make sure more step by step photos.

Thanks to my pals and thank you guys for your time in viewing my sharing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ANOTHER CAR??!?!?! AHHAHAHA
:laugh:
Ya the one I said want to DIY smoke. :rofl: That one also oxidized already. But need to clean inside for those watermarks inside due to vapour.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Greetings to all. I'm thinking what can we do if we are being chased by suspected hijackers or in any form of chasing that may put our lives in danger while driving on highway.

I wonder there is any police stations/assist centre on North-South Highway?

Thanks in advance for sharing the solutions
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience