Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

a friend of mine had a nasty accident and still alive!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
zybisko14 said:
Dear all,
latest news, my car has been declared total loss! did calculations and will only get back 1-2k i have insured for 42k and only gave me back 36k. this process will take about 1 month to complete
how to declared as total loss?

nuggyn, i am glad we can exchange our experience in accidents. i am glad i walked out of my car unscratched. to be inside a car out of control is totally scary. although it lasted max 10 secs, but hell, it felt like eternity. and some more during the crash i was heading towards an oil palm plantation, imagine this: a place full of trees, high speed, no control.

my car was doing several turns, it was like inside a washing machine. up was down and down was up. i didn't actually have the time to think of dying, instead it was worrying how to repair this car, silly innit?

Leesya said:
how to declared as total loss?
well, the adjuster went to see the damaged occured on my car and declared it total loss. meaning it was beyond repair or not worth the repair. but am glad it was a total loss because the chasis will not hold its integrity anymore. but a little sad because it is my road partner for these 2 years.

waa... sad case... after such accident still can update blog... haha... consider ur fren vr lucky adi lo...

the car like that can claim total loss ar??...

I had a friend once involved in an accident driving his wira .macam biasa the mad drivers instinct took over him and he skided and hit a barrier .. he broke his leg and had some minor injuries..but all the way to the hospital he saying .. MY DAD IS GONNA KILL ME MAN >> !! .. DIE LA !! .. can see his bone sticking out of his leg and he is crying that his dad gonna kill him .. :biggrin: geuss everyone fears a good lashing from their pop then a broken leg .. hehe ! .

RPM_freak said:
I had a friend once involved in an accident driving his wira .macam biasa the mad drivers instinct took over him and he skided and hit a barrier .. he broke his leg and had some minor injuries..but all the way to the hospital he saying .. MY DAD IS GONNA KILL ME MAN >> !! .. DIE LA !! .. can see his bone sticking out of his leg and he is crying that his dad gonna kill him .. :biggrin: geuss everyone fears a good lashing from their pop then a broken leg .. hehe ! .
yeah, funny... always think of silly stuff, but not the big picture...

Leesya said:
then the accident in above case can consider total loss?
yes, is considered total loss. and that's why the insurance company is offering me back 85% of the sum insured. b.astards, why can't they just gip me the full amount leh?

Leesya said:
then the accident in above case can consider total loss?

a simple example.

one new wira 50K.
after 2 years, average market value is about 40K.

let say after involved in a terrible accident, cost of repair is calculated to be 43K which is higher than market value. then it became not economical to repair, therefore = total loss.

we must remember parts sold at EON (for example) are more expensive than their value when assembled at the factory.

e.g one genuine wira headlamp sells at RM317.80 each. during assembly the cost price maybe only about RM110 which is exclusive of tax.

zybisko14 said:
nuggyn, i am glad we can exchange our experience in accidents. i am glad i walked out of my car unscratched. to be inside a car out of control is totally scary. although it lasted max 10 secs, but hell, it felt like eternity. and some more during the crash i was heading towards an oil palm plantation, imagine this: a place full of trees, high speed, no control.

my car was doing several turns, it was like inside a washing machine. up was down and down was up. i didn't actually have the time to think of dying, instead it was worrying how to repair this car, silly innit?

that's why i always advice some of my racing kaki friends not to play a fool on the public road....you'll never know.

after that accident, i learned to be extra careful when i' driving....not to say that i used to be a crazy driver, just that it makes me a more alert driver.

so those who haven't tasted the medicine yet, i just hope you wil not experience what i have gone through. DUn think that speeding and showing off on public road is fun....YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!

zybisko14 said:
yes, is considered total loss. and that's why the insurance company is offering me back 85% of the sum insured. b.astards, why can't they just gip me the full amount leh?
Then I think you should ask back to the agent...kekeke... :biggrin:
But this consider better than can't get back anything worr....
So, what car you buy then???

Leesya said:
Then I think you should ask back to the agent...kekeke... :biggrin:
But this consider better than can't get back anything worr....
So, what car you buy then???
what car? i am so itching for the nissan sentra... :D

zan said:
a simple example.

one new wira 50K.
after 2 years, average market value is about 40K.

let say after involved in a terrible accident, cost of repair is calculated to be 43K which is higher than market value. then it became not economical to repair, therefore = total loss.

we must remember parts sold at EON (for example) are more expensive than their value when assembled at the factory.

e.g one genuine wira headlamp sells at RM317.80 each. during assembly the cost price maybe only about RM110 which is exclusive of tax.
:eek: i c.....then how about some ppl, they just simply 'create' accident to claim the insurance? r they success? and i heard b4, some of them they really accident but not enough serious, so, what they do is make it more seriously...dunno got this such thing not??? can pass meh?

zybisko14 said:
what car? i am so itching for the nissan sentra... :D
i got a friend oso used sentra last time but now he change to nissan x-trail (izzit correct spelling?)....
another friend used sentra now but she said not enough power.....dunno ler.....hehe....

Top Bottom