6 speed!!

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
Hometown:Penang
hi guys, ive a question to ask...my friend told me to look for a BT 20V 5speed rather than the 6speed...he said that the 6 speed is sensitive...is this true??

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
its more fragile than 5 speed gb..
but i missshift quite no of time before this..
and the gb still can work as it is..
unless the grinding feeling when engage 4th gear
but after change gear oil, it become ok little bit..
like ep91 said..
handle with care..

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i slam the clutch during shifting, rev until redline before shifting, use cheap gearbox oil and so on..
and it doesn't give any harm to my gb but after 2 times miss shift the gear, the problem start to happen when try to shift to 4th gear
not so hard to shift but not as smooth as before..
that's what happen to me..
different person may got different story..

so, from my case, dont miss shift the gear..

ManAE80

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
KUALA LUMPUR
alo to all sifu which type 6speed halfcut comes with lsd??
some said its from BZ-R model??
some said if the halfcut comes with superstrut??
which one is true??

and which one that u all recomended is good 5 speed or 6 speed??

ep91

Known Member
Jul 20, 2007
not all 6 spd wit lsd..
its from bzr model onli..
6 speed memang siok ma ratio short..

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
my brother just buy the halfcut 6 speed GT at selayang..
rm5k without bodypart
the dashboard same as malaysia ae111 last batch with orange carbon look meter

patik

Aug 14, 2006
however..my 6sp still working today..2 years used like drag car...hehehe.. better clucth can help gb life?...tq..tq

Mar 22, 2010
Miri
I tink that 6speed just not so good. Its just have 1 more gear ratio that can maximise ur car top speed. Let's say if 5th gear can reach 200kmh at 8000rpm then mayb for 6 speed's 6th gear u can hit 250kmh extra at 8000rpm without the engine goin tired to hit 250kmh with 5th gear.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
6 speed gear box in 4agze... anybody do it before?
Seen a 4AGTE 6sp in SE body.. dun know wat he did the gb can handle massive power..

I tink that 6speed just not so good. Its just have 1 more gear ratio that can maximise ur car top speed. Let's say if 5th gear can reach 200kmh at 8000rpm then mayb for 6 speed's 6th gear u can hit 250kmh extra at 8000rpm without the engine goin tired to hit 250kmh with 5th gear.
Top speed is not much diff between 5sp n 6sp, just 6sp when u shift gear rpm is higher compare 5sp.. Diff final gear diff gear ratio n top speed.

Last edited:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
just wonder when you guys do gb oil change? following mileage or drive until hard shifting symptom appears? im using redline oil now. running around 7k like that, hard shifting started to appear. but i still drive until 10k then only do gb oil change.not sure if anyone of you here have the same symptom like me

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi SifuSifu,
I wanted to change to adjustable as I've been using sport springs and now I want to take it to the next level. But I'm not sure which coilovers to go for. As I've been told BC Racing have better quality and built compared to Gab SS.
Even though with the better build and quality. People still recommend the GAB SS cause the after sales service is much easier and faster compared to BC Racing.

And I also want to know which coilovers is better in terms of performance, ride...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience