Jul 20, 2007
i heard ppl say about 6 speed
wat is the beneift
izit can help the car speed faster?
let discuss everything 6 speed here:hmmmm:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
for sure it have advantage.close ratio between gears.not much power drop during shifting.just my 1 sen

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
I agree with Muz. Closer ratio. 6 speed Faster! I think this more to the driver. If the driver got big "Kahunas" , nomather 5 speed or 6 speed also faster 1. hehehe.... cabut:burnout:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
6 spd makes you feel good,not many ppl drive 1.6liter 6 speed car on the planet.:proud:
It feels like driving a race car on a Toyota tag. Let's compare, if you were to drive a Honda tag, your only option is the K20's model. The 6 sp C160 is the cheapest available to shift in a 1.6L car (leave the Lotus aside):driver:

Lolx

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
6sp final drive is higher than 5sp.....
5sp 4.3 final
6sp 4.5 final
that makes alot difference on power band......6sp also saves on highway lower rpm than 5sp.....

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
And it is much more fragile compare to 5Speed too. HAHAHAH!!! one miss-gear... KRAAKkKK!! sound... :D then the factor of hard engage gear will starts to appear.. :D

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
And it is much more fragile compare to 5Speed too. HAHAHAH!!! one miss-gear... KRAAKkKK!! sound... :D then the factor of hard engage gear will starts to appear.. :D
so fragile? :hmmmm:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
not really fragile, but not bomb proof like c56 lah..u bantai like no body business also no big deal, c160 need a bit care when switching... that all lah.. 6 speed is close ratio, only fast at high speed range, as for drag or acceleration, then almost the same lor, but uphill with 6 speed damn syiok.. coz got more gear to choose... hehehe...

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
not really fragile, but not bomb proof like c56 lah..u bantai like no body business also no big deal, c160 need a bit care when switching... that all lah.. 6 speed is close ratio, only fast at high speed range, as for drag or acceleration, then almost the same lor, but uphill with 6 speed damn syiok.. coz got more gear to choose... hehehe...
Same one la, i whack my C56, the syncho gone. Now change to C160, with the frequent of 10K change of the oil, so far so good.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Change oil regularly,should be no problem unless shifting without using clutch,or misshifts. But i've heard many complain 6spd not tough enough,i have driven a few BT with 6 spd and they do have problem with 2nd and 3rd gear.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Well, it also depending on what kinda gear oil you are using. I've tried Toyota LSD and non-LSD gear oil, both give me problem when engaging gear early in the morning.

Then I tried on Redline, non-LSD...GOOD!!! no more problem...but it's expensive....:banghead:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Hahhah!!! I am using REDLINE... and it just now barely saving my C56 from getting those crank'd sound when i engage gear...

so hahaha!! ^-^ C160... hahahah!!! i think you better use expensive LSD oil for it... because if it get damaged... i don't think you would love the process of going to Wing Hing to buy back those damaged gear... and went through 2x of dismantling the gearbox, and dismantling down from your engine.. :banghead::banghead: that time confirm bantai and hang yourself.. :D

So advice.. ^_^ treat this rare species with special care... that is the one and most important thing... hahha!!!! and btw, 6speed cut my car like hotdogs... and ^_^ it is really fast.. hahaha!!!

but u shift gear also like fuiyo!!! 1.....2...3...4..5...6.... hahahha!!!! fai lan dou r... !!!! confirm will missgear if main chasing time or go belukar main jalan berular. :D hahaha!!!

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
6 speed using thier own ecu. not same with 5 speed ecu. so tuning/timing should be different. 6 speed easy to achive 8000rpm than 5 speed. senang citer lagi pick up la...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience