Known Member
i heard ppl say about 6 speed
wat is the beneift
izit can help the car speed faster?
let discuss everything 6 speed here:hmmmm:

nothing that special...
it's just some driver subconscious thinking... :driver:
some ppl just exaggerate it... :banghead:

for sure it have advantage.close ratio between gears.not much power drop during shifting.just my 1 sen

I agree with Muz. Closer ratio. 6 speed Faster! I think this more to the driver. If the driver got big "Kahunas" , nomather 5 speed or 6 speed also faster 1. hehehe.... cabut:burnout:

6 spd makes you feel good,not many ppl drive 1.6liter 6 speed car on the planet.:proud:

It feels like driving a race car on a Toyota tag. Let's compare, if you were to drive a Honda tag, your only option is the K20's model. The 6 sp C160 is the cheapest available to shift in a 1.6L car (leave the Lotus aside):driver:

Lolx

6sp final drive is higher than 5sp.....
5sp 4.3 final
6sp 4.5 final
that makes alot difference on power band......6sp also saves on highway lower rpm than 5sp.....

And it is much more fragile compare to 5Speed too. HAHAHAH!!! one miss-gear... KRAAKkKK!! sound... :D then the factor of hard engage gear will starts to appear.. :D

And it is much more fragile compare to 5Speed too. HAHAHAH!!! one miss-gear... KRAAKkKK!! sound... :D then the factor of hard engage gear will starts to appear.. :D

so fragile? :hmmmm:

not really fragile, but not bomb proof like c56 lah..u bantai like no body business also no big deal, c160 need a bit care when switching... that all lah.. 6 speed is close ratio, only fast at high speed range, as for drag or acceleration, then almost the same lor, but uphill with 6 speed damn syiok.. coz got more gear to choose... hehehe...

not really fragile, but not bomb proof like c56 lah..u bantai like no body business also no big deal, c160 need a bit care when switching... that all lah.. 6 speed is close ratio, only fast at high speed range, as for drag or acceleration, then almost the same lor, but uphill with 6 speed damn syiok.. coz got more gear to choose... hehehe...

Same one la, i whack my C56, the syncho gone. Now change to C160, with the frequent of 10K change of the oil, so far so good.

Change oil regularly,should be no problem unless shifting without using clutch,or misshifts. But i've heard many complain 6spd not tough enough,i have driven a few BT with 6 spd and they do have problem with 2nd and 3rd gear.

Well, it also depending on what kinda gear oil you are using. I've tried Toyota LSD and non-LSD gear oil, both give me problem when engaging gear early in the morning.

Then I tried on Redline, non-LSD...GOOD!!! no more problem...but it's expensive....:banghead:

Hahhah!!! I am using REDLINE... and it just now barely saving my C56 from getting those crank'd sound when i engage gear...

so hahaha!! ^-^ C160... hahahah!!! i think you better use expensive LSD oil for it... because if it get damaged... i don't think you would love the process of going to Wing Hing to buy back those damaged gear... and went through 2x of dismantling the gearbox, and dismantling down from your engine.. :banghead::banghead: that time confirm bantai and hang yourself.. :D

So advice.. ^_^ treat this rare species with special care... that is the one and most important thing... hahha!!!! and btw, 6speed cut my car like hotdogs... and ^_^ it is really fast.. hahaha!!!

but u shift gear also like fuiyo!!! 1.....2...3...4..5...6.... hahahha!!!! fai lan dou r... !!!! confirm will missgear if main chasing time or go belukar main jalan berular. :D hahaha!!!

6 speed using thier own ecu. not same with 5 speed ecu. so tuning/timing should be different. 6 speed easy to achive 8000rpm than 5 speed. senang citer lagi pick up la...

I was told of that too that 6sp ecu will reach 8k rpm easier. But I've yet to really tried on my own. I have a fren who own 6 sp 3 years ago and it wasn't the same like mine currently.

I'm matching my 6sp with 5sp ecu. My top speed is 210 which is very very hard to reach. Mostly 203 only. When I'm on 6th speed, from 6k rpm onwards, it is like turtle crawling. Anyone has experience this?

Let's share....cheers.

I was told of that too that 6sp ecu will reach 8k rpm easier. But I've yet to really tried on my own. I have a fren who own 6 sp 3 years ago and it wasn't the same like mine currently.

I'm matching my 6sp with 5sp ecu. My top speed is 210 which is very very hard to reach. Mostly 203 only. When I'm on 6th speed, from 6k rpm onwards, it is like turtle crawling. Anyone has experience this?

Let's share....cheers.

just guessing..maybe the 6th gear r for economical term and for engine safety ...means not create for high rev all the way..but wif proper tunning n healthy engine..it can be done.. just my 2 cents

I used to use 6sp gb in my corolla and trueno.....wack hard 1 & 2gear in autocross at high rev all the time also no problem......C56 & C52 also got many ppl rosak b4......

think the reason why the 6 speed is more fragile is due to the extra gear sitting in pretty the much same space in the gearbox as a 5 speed would do. gears sitting closer to one another would mean selector arms are sitting closer to one another that normally would translate to marginally faster gear selection but could also engage too fast for its own good hence the extra grinding as compared to 5 speed. anyhow, both has its advantages and disadvantages which i'm sure you can get from google or something like that.

only best way to take care of a gearbox irregardless of the number of gears is to use proper shifting techniques. i myself was guilty of shortcut shifting (don't pass netural when moving from one gear to the other) and have found that doing granny shifting is the best care you can give your gearbox IMO. just my two cents. feel free to give opinions. :driver:

one more thing, if you told somebody which doesn't have knowledge about toyota engine that your car use blacktop engine, they just say "owh"
but if u tell them that your car equiped with 6 speed gearbox, they will say "wow".
its a little hard for woman to shift to reverse gear.can rev at 6th gear from 60km/h without jerking. 5th gear can outmeter but if use standard 6 speed ecu, have speed cut at 180km/h at 6th gear

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom