Streamyx CUT DOWN d speed!!!!

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
dun u ppl found out that nowdays streamyx is a bit slow... even downloading stuff or uploading stuff to ppl... last time when i download stuff from a software it about 30-50 kbs pe sec... but now... its about 10-20 kbs only... wtf... 1st i got no idea why but now my friends told me that cuz goverment know that user use to download movie or music... illegal la of cuz... so goverment cut down d speed lo so that we cant download it so comfortable like last... even thought we still can download but not as fast as last time lo... im not sure is this true or what... but serious shit nowdays... so SLOW man even sending a song to my friend thru msn also take a long time... wtf!!!:sad_smile:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Bunch of rumours man... just power down ur modem n try connecting again. Sometimes, speed can be slower due to overheated modem. In my case, it is the pesky ZTE modems.

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
but last time i download stuff very fast... just that since last month its getting slow.... n then my modem is cool enough also it still download slow nowdays... last time even its hot also still download fast... sigh... dunno la... just hope that it will be back like last time as soon as possible... cuz every1 also complanning its damn slow n found it hard nowdays...

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Nonsense la, it's definitely a rumor... government might try to control piracy, but not to an extent to lower down our internet connection speed.

I assume you're using a 512kb streamyx package... because i am using it. Btw, i felt that the streamyx broadband connection has slightly increased its speed these days... cos last time i use to get only around 30kb - 45kb/sec but now can easily i can reach 60kb/sec.

Btw, i'm from sunway... it depends to location too sometimes...

My friend who stays next to me has a 1mb streamyx package, can easily hit 100kb/sec downloading musics... hehe... go figure..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Some of you give TM Net too much credit. They don't know jack shit. Which is why they keep screwing up. Which is also why it has been slow these few days. Somethings fucked up and they were fixing it. What exactly fucked up, we'll never know for sure because they're not exactly transparent.

Any network heroes here who did some digging and found out what exactly did they screw up?

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
TMLag is so slow until this thread took 4 weeks to deliver.

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
AXXeLL said:
Nonsense la, it's definitely a rumor... government might try to control piracy, but not to an extent to lower down our internet connection speed.

I assume you're using a 512kb streamyx package... because i am using it. Btw, i felt that the streamyx broadband connection has slightly increased its speed these days... cos last time i use to get only around 30kb - 45kb/sec but now can easily i can reach 60kb/sec.

Btw, i'm from sunway... it depends to location too sometimes...

My friend who stays next to me has a 1mb streamyx package, can easily hit 100kb/sec downloading musics... hehe... go figure..
I don't know about you guys, but I'd definitely attribute the increase of speed to the higher bandwidth. If you would check your router or modem, i think you will see a 1024kbps downstream and a 512kbps upstream. :)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
astalavista_baby said:
If you would check your router or modem, i think you will see a 1024kbps downstream and a 512kbps upstream. :)
But some modems put those figures to bullshit people. hahaha The previous ZTE that I had always showed that figure but when surf net while TMCRAP having problems and slow like a dead slut, it still show 1024 kbps downstream. hahaha

But I do believe that figure could be modem model specific. heh heh

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
err .. previously my modem shows 512/256 .. now showing 1024/512 ... but download speed about the same only laa ie. around 500kbps when i tried to bench it .. i oso wondering why laa .. i guess will have to ask TM whats my speed laa .. but my package is the 512 package laa .. hehehehehe

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
check my connection speed testing at home, i can't even load GOOGLE.COM!
speed slower than 56K modem.

filed few complains, TMnet gives standard answer, guess it's pre-program,some auto-reply stuff. Really pissed off. TMnet is still charging me RM66 per month.

Reply from TMnet.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail to TMNet.

Sir/Madam, referring to your e-mail, we would like to advise you to proceed with some basic troubleshooting, in order for us to streamline the issue that you are facing currently.

1) Bypass splitter/ micro filter/ fax machine/ lightning protector.

2) Stand alone connection, from wall socket to modem (No parallel line).

3) Flush DNS
a) For Win 98/ME:-
- Click Start button, go to run.
- Type "winipcfg" and then click OK.
- Select your network card name from the adapter drop-down menu.
- Click on Release button
- The IP address should display 0.0.0.0. Then click Renew All
- Click OK to close the window.

b) For Win XP/2000
- Click on Start button, go to run
- Type "command", click OK
- Type in "ipconfig /flushdns", then press Enter.
- Make sure the result is "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver cache".
- Type "exit" and press Enter to close the window screen.

4) Switch off the modem, unplug/ re-plug all cables, wait for 5 to 10 minutes before switching on the modem.

5) Create new dialer and configure DNS
- (Preferred DNS Server: 202.188.0.133 /Alternate DNS Server: 202.188.1.5).

6) Reboot computer and the modem.

7) Do a bandwidth test from our website as follows :
(http://202.188.95.52:8080/speedometer/)
However, if the result is below 70% of the required speed, please reply us by attaching the result in kbits.

Alternatively, you can contact our Technical Department at 1-300-88-9515 (select option 3 for Technical Assistance) if you need further assistance on the troubleshooting above and if the problem still persists, please provide us the following details for further action.

1) User name :
2) Contact Person :
3) Contact Number
- Home/Office :
- Mobile phone :
4) Operating System :
5) Modem Brand :
6) Service Number :
7) Streamyx Package :
8) 1 Bandwidth Test Result :
9) When the problem occurred :
10) When is the best time to call you :

Should you require any further assistance or would like to submit any enquiry/feedback, kindly visit www.tm.net.my and click on Customer Support.

Sir/Madam, we thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to serve you better.

Regards,
S.Vikneswaran,
Customer Care Support,
TMNet Sdn. Bhd.

(ICOMS#1097604-166300)
I'm technical person, i know shit above won't work.

speedometer test result provided by tmnet.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Fellas, the speed shown on your modem is the line speed, basically what speed you are capped at by TMNuts. Your real speed on the other hand can only be known by the speedtests. You're supposed to get at least 70% of what you subscribed for. If you don't, please give them a piece of your mind. Bear in mind though that the call centre personnel are about as helpful and knowledgeable as a cucumber. So please get them to make a report.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Doesn't matter, that's their problem. If you don't get what you paid for, give it to them good.

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
si|verfish said:
Fellas, the speed shown on your modem is the line speed, basically what speed you are capped at by TMNuts. Your real speed on the other hand can only be known by the speedtests. You're supposed to get at least 70% of what you subscribed for. If you don't, please give them a piece of your mind. Bear in mind though that the call centre personnel are about as helpful and knowledgeable as a cucumber. So please get them to make a report.
i guess that wont be sufficient enough, yes we can shoot 99 them.. but what they can do? all the while streamyx cheating customer, offered 1mb (quite slow to me) but only received 500+kbs.. even if u notice last week newpaper, minister of energy, water and communication publicly shoot and minta TM upgrade their streamyx package so to keep what they hv promised! For now, everyday ping the line la.. so grab more line... lolxx... macam me kena clon redi ... lolx

KeV-TEC,

i guess its not downgrading, they wont be so mou liu la.. downgrade mean no many to gomen wor.. who wan do tat.. ard which area u r staying? maybe the streamyx user in ur area increase, thus for sure line would be slow lo.. on9 when ppl r sleeping la.. lolx. or u can upgrade ur ram..

http://bandtest.jaring.my/

try this test.. i guess its a repost..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

today i notice that my door window got tiny2 scratch..maybe it because it goes up and down regularly ....i afraid it will become worst ;(..how to avoid this happen again? arghhh if will become more worst 4 sure

need advice here thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience