6 speed!!

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Already use for 1year now, but so far no issues. Gear oil changed during swap engine, after 3month change again, just to clear the transmission, dont plan to change gear oil anytime soon

shifting no problem, max rpm hit 8500,

When driving slow need to change gear frequent, that's not good for my left foot..otherwise it's just fantastic..the rush is worth it.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If you talk about new cars, then it translates into better acceleration, top speed and fuel economy.

But if you are referring to japanese cars during the 90's i.e Blacktop-6 speed, B16-6 Speed etc, we are talking about the sheer fun of a close ratio gearbox for NA FF cars. This is the gearbox is you want to whip all the horses in your car to scream, release max power, and then upshift into a higher gear without dropping out of the powerband. The feeling is... orgasmic...

Turbo cars however are not so suitable to be mated to 6 speed because of the lack of strength of certain 6 speed gearbox. By having to package more gears in more or less the same space, the thickness and size of the parts have to be shaved off. But turbo cars do not need a lot of ratios in the first place to accelerate fast because of the rich torque that they have.

GasPedal

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
my BT 5speed using tire 15' 195/50 at 5th gear = 92kmh at 3000rpm.
my friend waja cps at 5th gear = 110kmh at 3000rpm.
he said on highway 5th gear use less fuel due to low rev , but poor pick-up.

just want to ask , when normal driving , i always skip shift.
1st , then 3rd and then 5th.
light throttle rev to 3500rpm before shift.
rarely engage 2nd and 4th.
just want to ask if there will be any negative effect in future?
fell lazy to use all gear during relax driving with my girlfriend hehehe.
since skip shift is already enough to follow front car.....

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
My BT 6speed ,tyre size 195/50/15 at 6th gear =100kmh at 3000rpm

I also prefer to skip gear , from 2,4,6.

cause 1st gear really feel torqy, wondering is anyone else feel the same with 6speed.

I think some setup is wrong either air/fuel ratio or exhaust system.

It was more worse when I use smaller diameter piping, but now with 2.3" it is better drivability.

currently the exhaust set up is standard extractor + bullet after 2feet piping from down pipe+

standard levin muffler at the end ,all the way 2.3".

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
100km/h at 3000rpm on 195/55/15 tyres too. 6 speed BT on Toyota Corona AT151. Very bad drivability now, suspected is due to ultra restrictive stock Corona exhaust system that has very very bad bends and, I don't know, 1.6" pipes maybe?:bawling: Praying hard that everything will be solved once exhaust system is upgraded.

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
ragerunner,
I had this problem also with the 1.6" piping, 2.3" is ideal..should improve drivablity.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think 1.3 " piping is a bit overkill for stock BT... 2.0" is nice... Just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I think 1.3 " piping is a bit overkill for stock BT... 2.0" is nice... Just my opinion.
Sorry I meant 2.3"

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Sorry I meant 2.3"
My bad, soppose to post 2.2" not 2.3"...but still not satisfied with the 1st gear ..too torqy, always jumps

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ZTH Viewers...

Im having E-Manage blue for some moments.

There will be 2 indicators, 1 for "Active" and another for "Interaction". Interaction indicators are always light with yellow meanwhile Active indicators should be yellow as well only once the E-manage problem/faulty will turn to red.

Mines are always blinking orange and yellow in Active indicators, even sometimes turn red often whenever im driving. Is that a normal signal only?

And just yesterday Active indicators turns...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience