6 speed!!

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Higher ratio = lower top speed, better pickup
Lower ratio = high top speed, lower pickup

If..... the C160 have the 0.725 sixth gear and a 4.5 final drive, yes, it will have better top speed than C56.

(3000/0.725)/4.5 = 919 RPM - drive shaft rotation speed

919x0.105 = 96 kmph at 3000 RPM (0.105 is a calculated constant value for 205/45 R16 wheel)

but isn't 0.725 and 4.5 final drive came from Celica's C60? I really don't know la.... Never dismantled C60 or C160 before)

Likewise, C52 and C56 also have lower ratio type which have 3.7 final drive. The C52 came from the turbocharged EP91 (4E-FTE) which have better torque than 4A-GE due to its force inducted system but it have slightly higher top speed (if achieveable) than the 4.3 final drive C56 due to travel resistance....

EK9 B16B Type R which have 4.4 final drive also have better top speed than our AExxx 4A-GE but during highway travel, their engine screams even when traveling at legal highway speed.

Just my theory.... don't have the money to buy and test C160. Way too expensive

Bump: Higher ratio = lower top speed, better pickup
Lower ratio = high top speed, lower pickup

If..... the C160 have the 0.725 sixth gear and a 4.5 final drive, yes, it will have better top speed than C56.

(3000/0.725)/4.5 = 919 RPM - drive shaft rotation speed

919x0.105 = 96 kmph at 3000 RPM (0.105 is a calculated constant value for 205/45 R16 wheel)

but isn't 0.725 and 4.5 final drive came from Celica's C60? I really don't know la.... Never dismantled C60 or C160 before)

Likewise, C52 and C56 also have lower ratio type which have 3.7 final drive. The C52 came from the turbocharged EP91 (4E-FTE) which have better torque than 4A-GE due to its force inducted system but it have slightly higher top speed (if achieveable) than the 4.3 final drive C56 due to travel resistance....

EK9 B16B Type R which have 4.4 final drive also have better top speed than our AExxx 4A-GE but during highway travel, their engine screams even when traveling at legal highway speed.

Just my theory.... don't have the money to buy and test C160. Way too expensive

totally agree. cuz yesterday i just tested my auto BT at KESAS,top speed can reach 210km/h easily(with pivot speed meter). Can go somemore but don't dare. :banghead:

**full_throttle**

Jul 4, 2009
sifu, couple questions here :

1. Can I use LSD oil for 6spd g/b without lsd ? Is there any long / short effect on the gearbox ?:confused:
2. Do you have any info / recommendation where can i overhaul and repair 6spd gearbox ? Same problem with other 6spd user (my 3rd gear syncro broken already- can't engage with 3rd gear:banghead:). And of course, how much the rough cost for repair it ?

Appreciate for you help.

TQ.

Guys, any info on this ? Really appreciate your help.

Thank you

S

sincere1

Is the performance really worth the price (RM2000++ for C160 vs RM500+/- for normal C56)
RM2000++ = 6sp + LSD
RM500++ = 5sp only

Bump:
hmm... got a mystery now... muahahaha... coz wikipedia says 6th gear is 0.815 which is the same as c56, but i dun think so..
if you found any mistake in wiki, pls edit with correct data,
the information in wiki are contributed by everyone,
and everyone can edit if mistake found...........

Last edited by a moderator:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
im thinking to get 6speed for my seg but after reading some of this c160 broken synchro thing, abit worry leh... somemore mine was turbo, 1 time miss shift... hancur... need to buy another GB again.

1 more thing, does anyone know C52 final ratio?

Last edited:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
im thinking to get 6speed for my seg but after reading some of this c160 broken synchro thing, abit worry leh... somemore mine was turbo, 1 time miss shift... hancur... need to buy another GB again.

But then for turbo, would it be too short ratio ?

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008

i already miss shift several times
still can use the gearbox
but not as smooth like before..

but i dont think my prob due to syncro..
i think it more to the worn out clutch
because 1st gear sometimes jerking

meandmebitch

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
hi guys,
just to add info on this matter,i tried 100km on my 6th gear got roughly 3k rpm..
running on 15" wheels...

Bump: hi guys,
just to add info on this matter,i tried 100km on my 6th gear got roughly 3k rpm..
running on 15" wheels...

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate

Thank you
bro, i just can answer your 1st question oni..yes u can use lsd oil for non lsd gbox. i use it for c56 non lsd.

Bump:

Thank you
bro, i just can answer your 1st question oni..yes u can use lsd oil for non lsd gbox..i use it on my c56 gbox..some people said your shifting will be smoother but i cant feel that 'smoother':rolleyes:

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
bro, i just can answer your 1st question oni..yes u can use lsd oil for non lsd gbox..i use it on my c56 gbox..some people said your shifting will be smoother but i cant feel that 'smoother':rolleyes:
C56 uses GL-5 or GL-4 oil? What is the oil change interval for the gbox?
How to differentiate LSD oil and non LSD oil? If Castrol the LSX line is for LSD, what about other brands?

omronz

Dec 24, 2006
Hi guys

Just wanna share my experiance using 6 speed and some questions as well

I had just convert my engine to BT 6 speed, and it seems you guys mentioned about miss geared is correct. Me myself is practically trying to get the best way to shift gears but till now, just the granny shift is acceptable since im running in my engine.

So, i wanna asked you guys using 6 speed. How do you shift gears eh during fast shifting? My gear seems really stuck when i wanna go to a gear position especially gear 2,3 and 4. So, i need to push the gear in slowly and that makes me to shift like a grandma. Does branded gear oil helps to make shifting more smoother? Currently im using Motul i guess, but ppl also mention about redline. What is the price difference between both branded oil??My foremen told me to shift with a gentle hand, you cant shift roughly..Then how to race maa? hehe

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Hi guys

I had just convert my engine to BT 6 speed, and it seems you guys mentioned about miss geared is correct. Me myself is practically trying to get the best way to shift gears but till now, just the granny shift is acceptable since im running in my engine.

So, i wanna asked you guys using 6 speed. How do you shift gears eh during fast shifting? My gear seems really stuck when i wanna go to a gear position especially gear 2,3 and 4. So, i need to push the gear in slowly and that makes me to shift like a grandma. Does branded gear oil helps to make shifting more smoother? Currently im using Motul i guess, but ppl also mention about redline. What is the price difference between both branded oil??My foremen told me to shift with a gentle hand, you cant shift roughly..Then how to race maa? hehe
I'm not sure about motul. But my previous car owner told me he had tried many oils. So far the best still Redline Lightweight ShockProof. That's why until now, i still stick with this even though the price a little bit expensive. Gear shifting consider smooth :proud:. I think this gb really need some care during shifting.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
Hi guys

mayb the synchronizer got prob already
i use the cheap gb oil..cost rm42
dont know what brand..
still can shift faster
but not quite good at cold engine temp..
before this got prob to shift to all gears..
but the prob dur to my bad condition clutch plate..
after change it, ok already
think to change to the synthetic one couse it can give better lubrication while it still cold..
how much redline gb oil cost?
where can get it?

ST150 resing

Jul 8, 2009
how about LSD, is there the LSD that not come with gearbox?can we fixed with standard 6spd gear box?i surfed by now,only got the gearbox come with LSD somehow at chop shop mall lah!is it better with LSD?how we determin the LSD ?:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been away for some time now. I need to apologise to my legendary detailers whom I did not follow, or read your posts here - Josh, Kenneth, Erik are just a few to mention. I do keep up to date with your posts in facebook and for Henry, in youtube :top:. Jack and Kc, I see that the hive is doing great :burnout:

It's time I make a comeback to let you guys know that I am still alive, and not kidnapped by terrorist over here in Sabah.

Upon arrival, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience