4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Nothing stupid on ur targetted up. U pay the money, u have the right to chose. Everyone said I'm stupid n some still saying. I took out an e3 from my satria n converted to a 4g92 dohc bot. And I'm still having lotsa fun with it.

As long as automotive is concern, everyone spend money like nobody's business on something called car. So, we're all stupid. Lolz. Have fun mate.
Who said u r stupido bro.......tell me now i will hantam sama dia....heheheheh :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
me me me come whack me hahaha...
just joking! but to speed2horizon why you take out E3 and do a BOT on a 4G92 instead? mind telling us the reason? hehe very curios to know leh hehe
Dunno... No money to buy tyres anymore and petrol... hehhe...

nah... just kidding... Reason is, the Satria has a very light arse... And if u make the head too heavy, it understeer alot. When u put super hard suspension, it'll oversteer...

The Gss and the CR9:1 response is nice. But, I don't want the kind of power the E3 distribute. I enjoy moderate power like 220WHP-240WHP with economic fuel consumption when not boosting...

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
me me me come whack me hahaha...
just joking! but to speed2horizon why you take out E3 and do a BOT on a 4G92 instead? mind telling us the reason? hehe very curios to know leh hehe
I was using a VR4 turbo also before then I changed to a 4G92 DOHC BOT turbo. Trust me, its the best thing ever. a few reasons why;

1) 4G92 stroke is short, so rev 'naik' faster.
2) U'll get a high revving turbo engine.
3) Roadtax also cheap :)
4) Sumore ppl mistaken it as a 4G91.... hahaha....
5) Can use most of the GSR parts (minus the crank and conrods)
6) The best part if U 'run' with a GSR if he win / 'sapu' U its consider buli cause he 1.8 and u'r 1.6. But if u 'sapu' him, then the GSR fella will be shy face cause small fella whacked him :p
- It's a WIN-WIN situation for the 4G92 Turbo owner :p

Thats why I was running a 4G92 Turbo before, now since married edi, change to 4G93 GSR.... and want a reliable not powerful - crazy engine.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Dunno... No money to buy tyres anymore and petrol... hehhe...

nah... just kidding... Reason is, the Satria has a very light arse... And if u make the head too heavy, it understeer alot. When u put super hard suspension, it'll oversteer...

The Gss and the CR9:1 response is nice. But, I don't want the kind of power the E3 distribute. I enjoy moderate power like 220WHP-240WHP with economic fuel consumption when not boosting...
haha i see i see...nice nice my myself also a BOT but a 4G91 lah hehe

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

I was using a VR4 turbo also before then I changed to a 4G92 DOHC BOT turbo. Trust me, its the best thing ever. a few reasons why;

1) 4G92 stroke is short, so rev 'naik' faster.
2) U'll get a high revving turbo engine.
3) Roadtax also cheap :)
4) Sumore ppl mistaken it as a 4G91.... hahaha....
5) Can use most of the GSR parts (minus the crank and conrods)
6) The best part if U 'run' with a GSR if he win / 'sapu' U its consider buli cause he 1.8 and u'r 1.6. But if u 'sapu' him, then the GSR fella will be shy face cause small fella whacked him :p
- It's a WIN-WIN situation for the 4G92 Turbo owner :p

Thats why I was running a 4G92 Turbo before, now since married edi, change to 4G93 GSR.... and want a reliable not powerful - crazy engine.
haha cool me myself also a bot but on a wira 4G91...
btw whats the difference between a 93T block and a 92 block guys?

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
haha i see i see...nice nice my myself also a BOT but a 4G91 lah hehe

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

haha cool me myself also a bot but on a wira 4G91...
btw whats the difference between a 93T block and a 92 block guys?
Its like this,

4G91 & 4G92 same STROKE (Same Height) - That's why ppl mistaken the 4G92 for 4G91, because 4G92 DOHC is a super-rare engine and most ppl dunno about it.

4G92 & 4G93 same BORE (Can share same pistons) - So pistons like 4AGZE supercharger and JE pistons can all fit in nicely.

4G91 cannot be re-bored to fit in 81mm pistons (GSR size), cause will kena the water jacket.

Only downside of 4G92 engine is, there is no aftermarket conrods. Mine was customized from Aussie, and it caused a bomb. :p nearly 3k.

Ohh yeah if you want to build a 4G92 BOT, use MIVEC block cause it memang got oil squirters just like a GSR block. Its a baby GSR, the cranks can withstand 10krpm. Only weak point is the conrods, but there is another method.... try ceramic coating the MIVEC conrods that is wat some 'matsalleh' guy suggested to me. He said it'll be just as strong as a GSR conrod, maybe a bit more stronger.

Bro speed2horizon,
What conrods u running in your 4G92 BOT?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Its like this,

4G91 & 4G92 same STROKE (Same Height) - That's why ppl mistaken the 4G92 for 4G91, because 4G92 DOHC is a super-rare engine and most ppl dunno about it.

4G92 & 4G93 same BORE (Can share same pistons) - So pistons like 4AGZE supercharger and JE pistons can all fit in nicely.

4G91 cannot be re-bored to fit in 81mm pistons (GSR size), cause will kena the water jacket.

Only downside of 4G92 engine is, there is no aftermarket conrods. Mine was customized from Aussie, and it caused a bomb. :p nearly 3k.

Ohh yeah if you want to build a 4G92 BOT, use MIVEC block cause it memang got oil squirters just like a GSR block. Its a baby GSR, the cranks can withstand 10krpm. Only weak point is the conrods, but there is another method.... try ceramic coating the MIVEC conrods that is wat some 'matsalleh' guy suggested to me. He said it'll be just as strong as a GSR conrod, maybe a bit more stronger.

Bro speed2horizon,
What conrods u running in your 4G92 BOT?
Just some skeptical correction on the 4G91 bore... For everyone's information, it can be rebore to 81mm. Cause the 4G91 block can actually be bored to 81mm. In a cast iron industry, the most expensive cost of investment is the mould itself. And the 4G91 and 4G92 short block shares the same configuration, the manufacturer will safe the cost by having a common mould, but the after machining work(in this case cylinder boring) is different. In other words, a 4G92 is an bored to 81mm version of 4G92. And, it's already proven within my group of friends with a 4G91 bored to 81mm and fitted with 4AGZE pistons and boosting at 1.2 bar running for more than a year with no problem. And they guy drives like there's no 2moro... Keke... I'd say the only difference between the short block of 4G91 n 4G92(JDM) is the cylinder size and the oil squirts.

BTW, I've compared the 4G92 conrods and 4G93T conrods, the cross section is identical. But with a much shorter stroke(11.5 difference) and a shorter rod length. There will be much lesser stress on the rods, rod bearings and the cylinder/piston contact surface. To me, I'd say a 4G92 "GSR" is a stronger block compare to a 4G93T in terms of ability to witstand boost and rev. Meaning to say, at same RPM and same boost pressure with the same calculated compression ratio, the 4G93T is more prone to failure. But of course, the 4G92 will generate less power and torque.

Simple example, Use 2 same x sectional 10mm diameter steel rod, A with the length of 50cm, B with the length of 25cm. Try to bend it. Which one bend easier. The same thing applies in the engine when the crank is pushing the conrods at an angle.

I'm using the MIVEC/4G91/4G92 stock rods.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Just some skeptical correction on the 4G91 bore... For everyone's information, it can be rebore to 81mm. Cause the 4G91 block can actually be bored to 81mm. In a cast iron industry, the most expensive cost of investment is the mould itself. And the 4G91 and 4G92 short block shares the same configuration, the manufacturer will safe the cost by having a common mould, but the after machining work(in this case cylinder boring) is different. In other words, a 4G92 is an bored to 81mm version of 4G92. And, it's already proven within my group of friends with a 4G91 bored to 81mm and fitted with 4AGZE pistons and boosting at 1.2 bar running for more than a year with no problem. And they guy drives like there's no 2moro... Keke... I'd say the only difference between the short block of 4G91 n 4G92(JDM) is the cylinder size and the oil squirts.

BTW, I've compared the 4G92 conrods and 4G93T conrods, the cross section is identical. But with a much shorter stroke(11.5 difference) and a shorter rod length. There will be much lesser stress on the rods, rod bearings and the cylinder/piston contact surface. To me, I'd say a 4G92 "GSR" is a stronger block compare to a 4G93T in terms of ability to witstand boost and rev. Meaning to say, at same RPM and same boost pressure with the same calculated compression ratio, the 4G93T is more prone to failure. But of course, the 4G92 will generate less power and torque.

Simple example, Use 2 same x sectional 10mm diameter steel rod, A with the length of 50cm, B with the length of 25cm. Try to bend it. Which one bend easier. The same thing applies in the engine when the crank is pushing the conrods at an angle.

I'm using the MIVEC/4G91/4G92 stock rods.
bro ur friend is using 4AGE piston that is 81mm but what conrod is he using bro? if i not mistaken 4G91 can rebore to 81mm no problem but the only problem is only can use back stock conrod...is that true?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro ur friend is using 4AGE piston that is 81mm but what conrod is he using bro? if i not mistaken 4G91 can rebore to 81mm no problem but the only problem is only can use back stock conrod...is that true?
Boring up the cylinder to 81mm. There is 2 choice u can make. Either go GSR pistons or 4AGZE pistons.

GSR pistons:
If you go for 4G93T pistons, there are no modification needed. Just plug and play.

4AGZE pistons:
If you go for 4AGZE pistons, there are some modification need to be done on the pistons and the conrod.

The pistons skirts need to be grind abit in order to pass the crank power wheel. Make sure all the 4 pistons weighs the same after grinding.

The piston pin bore have to be bored to 20mm from 19mm in order to be fitted with the 4AGZE piston pin.

That's all.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Boring up the cylinder to 81mm. There is 2 choice u can make. Either go GSR pistons or 4AGZE pistons.

GSR pistons:
If you go for 4G93T pistons, there are no modification needed. Just plug and play.

4AGZE pistons:
If you go for 4AGZE pistons, there are some modification need to be done on the pistons and the conrod.

The pistons skirts need to be grind abit in order to pass the crank power wheel. Make sure all the 4 pistons weighs the same after grinding.

The piston pin bore have to be bored to 20mm from 19mm in order to be fitted with the 4AGZE piston pin.

That's all.
ok here is my case, last time before i change my block to 4g93t i plan to rebore my 4g91 block to 81mm piston which is the GSR piston, and my mechanic told me no problem just that the piston is GSR but the conrod is 4g91 LOL and he keep telling me how fragile is 4g91 conrod coz too thin...
is that true guys? if i were to use a 4g91 block and after doing rebore i cant fit in GSR conrods or CA18 conrods to 4g91 block with 81mm piston?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ok here is my case, last time before i change my block to 4g93t i plan to rebore my 4g91 block to 81mm piston which is the GSR piston, and my mechanic told me no problem just that the piston is GSR but the conrod is 4g91 LOL and he keep telling me how fragile is 4g91 conrod coz too thin...
is that true guys? if i were to use a 4g91 block and after doing rebore i cant fit in GSR conrods or CA18 conrods to 4g91 block with 81mm piston?
In terms of cross section, 4G91/92/93 all same. U should take a look at the 4G93T conrod and compare it with a 4G91/4G92/4G92P conrod.

The cross section are the same, but 4G93T/4G93 have longer length. So, the 93s has more prone to failure due to longer moment arm. Bending moment is also larger...

My friend got conned by a guy telling him to use MIVEC conrods. It's thicker, material different, bla bla bla... We took a close look on it, macam sama je.... Thought the materia would be different. put it on a weigh machine.... Result was... cilake... Kene conned... weights exactly the same...

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
In terms of cross section, 4G91/92/93 all same. U should take a look at the 4G93T conrod and compare it with a 4G91/4G92/4G92P conrod.

The cross section are the same, but 4G93T/4G93 have longer length. So, the 93s has more prone to failure due to longer moment arm. Bending moment is also larger...

My friend got conned by a guy telling him to use MIVEC conrods. It's thicker, material different, bla bla bla... We took a close look on it, macam sama je.... Thought the materia would be different. put it on a weigh machine.... Result was... cilake... Kene conned... weights exactly the same...
Yup bro, 4G91 conrods and 4G92 MIVEC conrods are exactly the same. Same weight, shape, size and mould. If you want, there is an aftermarket conrod for 4G91/4G92 by PAR Engineering.

Here's the link for it. PAR ENGINEERING 4G92.

That is wat I was running in my 4G92 engine previously.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Yup bro, 4G91 conrods and 4G92 MIVEC conrods are exactly the same. Same weight, shape, size and mould. If you want, there is an aftermarket conrod for 4G91/4G92 by PAR Engineering.

Here's the link for it. PAR ENGINEERING 4G92.

That is wat I was running in my 4G92 engine previously.
Hehe.. I know about this.... But the price went up and the Aussie went up too... Too bad....

I wonder why is it so 7 expensive when it's made in Malaysia. KNS...

thesyko

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
Hehe.. I know about this.... But the price went up and the Aussie went up too... Too bad....

I wonder why is it so 7 expensive when it's made in Malaysia. KNS...
Malaysia is just their factory, If i remember correctly it's in Malacca. Their HQ and sales is done from Aussie. That's why and their prices are in Aussie currency.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Malaysia is just their factory, If i remember correctly it's in Malacca. Their HQ and sales is done from Aussie. That's why and their prices are in Aussie currency.
that's the problem... Why do they need to send it back to the Australia and send it back to here. Just like VW in China. There are market for the manufacturer country. It's more direct
to sell it here in Malaysia due to our national car. And award a sub company as the sole distributor and sell it around the region.

KNS...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I've recently decided i'm not happy with the power my Evo 8 MR is making, its currently running about 320 at the wheels (although there is an issue with a lazy tappet causing it to only run at 280). I'm running high cams, straight through exhaust, blow off valve etc... I want to squeeze some more power out of the car with simple and cheap (but effective) mods. I don't want to go spending alot of money on the car and i can't run higher boost (1.8) as this has been done before and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience