4G93T Club

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Solty8: h/cut got evo3 brakes leh, evo4 also got..my car can pass jpj, using gsr with standard brakes..
I found few Brakes, GTO, FTO, E4, E3, all either comes in set around RM 1k - 1.3k while getting brembo is around 3k. Initially was thinkin to get new brembo max front disc and rear brembo disc and be done with it, around 1k+ also. I don't think I will be driving above 180km/h or racing so I guess stock will be ok with new pads. Actually I went for GSR also coz don't want to have other people driving this car price for the CM5A halfcut and E4 is actually same maybe even cheaper as E4 all are 2000 cc which currently according to halfcut shop not much value coz can't put into waja, gen2, persona, while GSR 1800 no problem so value much higher.
I think best to keep as much cash as I can for now to service all the parts, timing belt, water pump, clutch, pads, oils. Hope don't need to spend so much then can buy boost meter, boost controller, turbo timer. Actually got boost meter but without sensor :confused: anyone know where to get apexi eletronic boost sensor ? At the same time anyone also know where can get Greddy Bov Type RS tapak ? The bov tapak i got is for subaru which I curi from my bro. Else might be salvaging parts from another car.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
anyone here know where to get v-band clamp usually used on wastegate downpipe..??
i've got someone telling me at hydraulic engineering shops...

any other suggestions...?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
anyone here know where to get v-band clamp usually used on wastegate downpipe..??
i've got someone telling me at hydraulic engineering shops...

any other suggestions...?
Have u tried Ace Hardware ? Not sure which clamp ur looking for, else can try those hardware store, but must specify high temps and high pressure ? Else might have prob later.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
thnx....my friend just gave me his tial v-band clamp....and it fits well, a little tight to my liking though...

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
Hey guys,

Been trying to get the numbers these few days from Wiseco, etc etc...but can't seem to come up with solid data to arrive at a believable answer :(

Anyone here who modded their 4G93T terbalik have the data on the following?

stock engine block cylinder bore
stock piston stroke
bore diameter for 1.2, 1.3 and/or 1.5mm head gaskets?
combustion chamber volume (1834cc / 4 ?)
piston dome volume cc (for 4AGZE 82mm pistons, Wiseco 4G93T pistons with stock 9.0:1 CR)
piston deck clearance

Basically I need to find out what my CR will be with the following possible combis:

4AGZE pistons + 1.2 (or is it 1.3?) and 1.5mm head gaskets
Wiseco 9:1 pistons + the above gaskets

Thanks for any help in advance :D

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
4agze supercharge piston is 81mm stock, there are 2 type of ceramic coated piston, a zth member called wira tak laju selling rm700, brand new, 1 type is flat compression 8.9:1 and another 1 is low cp, 8.6:1 if not wrong.... the actual compression with the combination of gaskets above cant be say like that only, u better go do a compression test...

4G93 DOHC 16 Valve Turbocharged.
Total Displacement: 1834cc
Mitsubishi electronic with port fuel injection (MPFI)
Turbocharger: Mitsubishi IHI TD04L-13G-5
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Bore: 81.0mm
Stroke: 89.0mm
Maximum Power: 190HP At 6,000rpm
Maximum Torque: 250Nm At 3,750rpm

it is online, pls dun lazy to search bro, it is good to search those simple stuff and learn by urself so u can get more... lol :nurse:

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
of course the CR will b diff with e metal gasket rods and piston combis mah, which is why i want to ask who here who have alr modded their 4g93t knows the above things im asking..

for example what is the dome/dish vol of e 8.9:1 81 mm 4agze pistons vs e wiseco 9:1 CR pistons? i cant find any info on this, etc etc so i can calculate the CR of e engine BEFORE buying e (expensive) stuff..once fix alr then send for compression test a bit too late right?

and aiyoo...im not asking for our simple 4g93t data..that one of course i know la wa lao..dun say me until so bodoh leh..hahaha -tembak-

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hurm, different engine have different data, for example,for same engine, some guys get higher oil pressure reading on their old engine compared to those with lower mileage..... u cant get exactly same reading for ur engine even if some people done same set up above, unless both of ur 2 guys engine just come out from mitsu factory... the most exact way and accurate 100% is do the set up and do those test... even compression higher, get thicker gasket, too low, get thinner gasket.. now the compression problem solved... but with 1 condition, dun change the gasket 1st cause will waste money, use ur stock gasket for measuring then start getting thicker or thinner as compared to ur stock gasket....

for the dome/dish volume, hurm, that u might can ask those with experience here to get the result , however, small error might also occur as i stated above.. same thing, best way is to get the block and measure it with the piston reach the top dead center... wan more info, go online or book store search some stuff on thermodynamics regarding to thermofluids or heat engines....

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

and some of the data answer ur question

stock engine block cylinder bore == Bore: 81.0mm
stock piston stroke == Stroke: 89.0mm

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
yaa man..my decision to build up the 4g93t terbalik frm scratch def v confusing..tomo going to have to go library and read some more..nvm wait i fed up i chuck to my foreman..hehe..thanks bro

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
yaa man..my decision to build up the 4g93t terbalik frm scratch def v confusing..tomo going to have to go library and read some more..nvm wait i fed up i chuck to my foreman..hehe..thanks bro
Bro bore & stroke goes side by side, what u wanna achieve with ur engine is the ultimate goal. Low to mid power, or mid to high power ? If it's a drag racing engine then by all means mod it kaw kaw but dun think it's possible to be a decent daily driver anymore. :driver:

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
no la bro..im not into drag. i want a consistent spread of power from 2500-7000rpm IF possible..flat torque curve (i know 1.8 la so need some top end sacrifice)

car will b driven daily and tracked at PG and sepang for the next 5 years without the need for major work..so my idea is to really tear the cm5a block and gb down, rebuild it (maybe with a mivec head) and running a conservative tune of 250-280whp on 95RON with a standalone that can fine tune the fuelling, with the SMALLEST possible turbo as i want the torque to come in early. any suggestions? thinking of using the stock engine specs such as CR for good response low end, and CC and blueprinting/forging it for reliability..and in case gatal..lol

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hello guys I'm planning to do 4G93T with Mivec head 4G92 DOHC. I will be using Wiseco Turbo Pistons 81.50MM 0.5MM oversized, Duratech Conrods, ACL Race bearings and turbo not decided as yet. What parts will be replaced in this conversion any idea ? I will be using 4G92 DOHC Mivec Head, 4G92 Mivec wiring, sensors and ecu. 4G93 Block, pistons, conrods, bearings and head gaskit of 4G93T most probably 2.0MM. What else will I be needing ? I have a confusion in my mind which water should I use ? 4G93 or 4G92 DOHC pump ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifus.i'm quite new here!i heard my friends say that weber carburator can improve performance.but in malaysia where can i get it? :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience