4G93T Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Huat

Apr 18, 2010
Singapore
thanks man! no choice singapore very hard to change gdi to gsr...
somemore gdi cannot change throttle body...

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi guys any idea bout locking the 4WD gearbox for 4G93T ? One is lock outside another is lock inside ? According to mech quite big diff ?

Btw how rare is it to find parts for CM5A nowadays ? Quite worry bout transplant now den later cannot find parts edi den big prob. Might as well straight put in Evo 4 - 6.5 but prob is cost of halfcut nowadays went sky high edi. :bawling:

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
I suppose your TPS sensor got a lot of electrical noise. Your ECU may think that you are at idle even you have your throttle slightly open. In this case to 1600RPM. Since you mentioned that your TPS voltage at idle is 0.5v. Try adjusting the TPS slightly to solve the problem. Bring it up to 0.6v at idle and see if that solve your problem.

Problem has been solved. Proper method is idle screw must be open first, adjust the TPS to 0.5V, then set the idle screw back to its original position. The manual only states to set TPS to 0.5V but didn't mention anything about the idle screw.

Problem solved. Thanks.

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I'm having a serious problem, can someone tell me where i can get mivec rocker arm??
Hi bro which part of sabah r u from ? If at KL mebe I can try to help u hunt which model is ur Mivec from ? CB or CK/CJ ? If want halfcut I know got 1 biji at the place I source my CM5A from.

Btw Any bro can give sum idea bout parts to change from halfcut ? Timing belts, brake pads, water pump, brake pump, oil pump (if bad condition), hoses and clips ? How bout clutch ? Actually I am more worried bout the brake part as I want this to pass puspakom & jpj without much trouble was thinking of gettin E4 or Brembo but cost is kinda high, any sifu on CM5A with upgraded disc ? Was thinking of getting the brembo Max disc and brembo rear at least it's new and not used E4 or FTO or E3 or brembos. Any diff ?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
just get the front twinpots from Evo3 and replace with oem ones..the rear brakes shud be good enough even if it's stock..wat car r u driving btw?..

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
just get the front twinpots from Evo3 and replace with oem ones..the rear brakes shud be good enough even if it's stock..wat car r u driving btw?..
Transplantin to a Lancer CK was thinkin of gettin Evo 3 as well but the diameter is around 27xmm while the CM5A is around 25Xmm Evo 4 is around 29xmm. Price for Evo 4 and 3 is about same. :confused: Problem now is sourcing it sumtimes it's ez sumtimes hard. 4 Lug or 5 Lug no prob as I got few sets of rims from other cars. :biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
u frm whr bro?..half cut shops got a lot..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i got a set of evo 4 front brakes... pm me if interested.. new pads mkt, just use for few weeks, reason for selling, upgraded brembo :biggrin: cheers

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
u frm whr bro?..half cut shops got a lot..
U mean E 3 Or E 4 ? Price is the main issue i ask a few shop all askin quite high price. The main plan was to get all from the half cut 1st then do up slowly part by part. Bout the brake issue just dun wana end up failing puspakom. :banghead: Btw bro ur car using what brakes ? Evo 3 ? Saw ur car pic on ur 4 sale thread.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

i got a set of evo 4 front brakes... pm me if interested.. new pads mkt, just use for few weeks, reason for selling, upgraded brembo :biggrin: cheers
Bro ur at Kuching ? Then dun think it's worth gettin coz cost of transport edi not worth. How much did u get ur brembos ? I found a few set for around 3-3.5k. Found cheaper but condition not really good.

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
brembo are not cheap, i sourced 1 year plus and get front and rear for 2.8 k include pos fees, 2 pot is enough , unless u got lots of horses, those brembo are heavy , i admit it, but i am running with e4 power plant and 4wd, i come across lots of fade (always full meter), that is why i upgrade..... for u, i will suggest evo twinpot with good pads, for ur info, both e3 and 4 2 pot are same, akibono 2 pot caliper, different in rotor size only, in conclusion , even u got good brake , jpj will always fail u, unless u give ur upgrade money to them, sure pass u :biggrin: and for ur info, jpj usually fail rear brake cause tarik hand brake x makan, damn, they dunno the fact that the cable disc hand brake will never makan like drum brake or hydraulic hand brake:thefinger:

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
brembo are not cheap, i sourced 1 year plus and get front and rear for 2.8 k include pos fees, 2 pot is enough , unless u got lots of horses, those brembo are heavy , i admit it, but i am running with e4 power plant and 4wd, i come across lots of fade (always full meter), that is why i upgrade..... for u, i will suggest evo twinpot with good pads, for ur info, both e3 and 4 2 pot are same, akibono 2 pot caliper, different in rotor size only, in conclusion , even u got good brake , jpj will always fail u, unless u give ur upgrade money to them, sure pass u :biggrin: and for ur info, jpj usually fail rear brake cause tarik hand brake x makan, damn, they dunno the fact that the cable disc hand brake will never makan like drum brake or hydraulic hand brake:thefinger:

maybe they know that fact but only want to make ur life that much harder...hehehe....

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
2.8k is cheap bro, and include post too. Well there's a way to pass brake test that's to ask mechanic to adjust ur brake very very tight when goin for puspakom then after puspakom adjust back. See how my mechanic do later. Brembo juz for looks in my case, i dun need too much horse power actually this convert is just to maintain the car and for economic driving. If want bigger horse power can easily swap car with my bro's :biggrin:. So i guess now is just to service up the car and maintain for now. :idea:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Solty8: h/cut got evo3 brakes leh, evo4 also got..my car can pass jpj, using gsr with standard brakes..

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Solty8: h/cut got evo3 brakes leh, evo4 also got..my car can pass jpj, using gsr with standard brakes..
I found few Brakes, GTO, FTO, E4, E3, all either comes in set around RM 1k - 1.3k while getting brembo is around 3k. Initially was thinkin to get new brembo max front disc and rear brembo disc and be done with it, around 1k+ also. I don't think I will be driving above 180km/h or racing so I guess stock will be ok with new pads. Actually I went for GSR also coz don't want to have other people driving this car price for the CM5A halfcut and E4 is actually same maybe even cheaper as E4 all are 2000 cc which currently according to halfcut shop not much value coz can't put into waja, gen2, persona, while GSR 1800 no problem so value much higher.
I think best to keep as much cash as I can for now to service all the parts, timing belt, water pump, clutch, pads, oils. Hope don't need to spend so much then can buy boost meter, boost controller, turbo timer. Actually got boost meter but without sensor :confused: anyone know where to get apexi eletronic boost sensor ? At the same time anyone also know where can get Greddy Bov Type RS tapak ? The bov tapak i got is for subaru which I curi from my bro. Else might be salvaging parts from another car.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
anyone here know where to get v-band clamp usually used on wastegate downpipe..??
i've got someone telling me at hydraulic engineering shops...

any other suggestions...?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
anyone here know where to get v-band clamp usually used on wastegate downpipe..??
i've got someone telling me at hydraulic engineering shops...

any other suggestions...?
Have u tried Ace Hardware ? Not sure which clamp ur looking for, else can try those hardware store, but must specify high temps and high pressure ? Else might have prob later.

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was keen to know about LSD inserts and how they work
I studied them and one dear sifu wrote a short note about it.
Remember that this is not a normal person , its the owner of Jacks Transmission itself, Jacks transmissions build transmissions

"I think what wears out the gears and cross shaft with an insert is normal driving, not racing. When you drive in the street, especially the highway, both of the front wheels are never turning at perfectly the same speed, so the front diff gears are...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience