4g92p stock ecu

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
hi, im using 4g92p sohc ecu..it is possible to tune my stock ecu and check the AFR/ignition problem??
coz i hv a problem wif my car when speeding at 100+km/h, got soung like bell,"krenngg krengg" and i felt the power lost and less responce of the throttle..
:bawling:

what i hv done to solve the problem so far:
1: change distributor
2:change cable plug
3:overhaul

now the problem still cant be solve... so i suspect the ecu maybe have prblem wif AFR/ignition

(sry not really good in english)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
emanage

but first go check with obd scanner first the ecu got error code or not

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
update:
i went to tuning workshop yesterday, the result are
1:no o2 sensor and the wiring have been bypass(previous owner)
2:ignition advanced 11 degree.cannot be adjusted even rotated the distributor(mechanic said wiring issue) also the cause of knocking
3:tps reading cannot be set also, only at 400-500++..it should be 700++
4:injection reading 2.6-2.8m/s.according to tuner it should be 2.3-2.4m/s
5:valve "bocor" the reason y trompet sound like motobot(just know about it)
solution suggested is change to other wiring and ecu+o2 sensor...
can i use adjustable campuley to overcome the TOO advance ignition timing problem??

Last edited:

alfi

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
bro dking91, would you let us know where is the tuning shop? my 4G92P have been very thirsty lately and thinking to retune my ecu but dont know any shop.

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
bro dking91, would you let us know where is the tuning shop? my 4G92P have been very thirsty lately and thinking to retune my ecu but dont know any shop.
i do at dungun..the tuner stick obd scanner then check injector reading,tps,ignition...
any tuning shop that hv obd can tune i think....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
one of my plan b4...but require a lot of things.. head, 4g91 carb distributor,ACP to get the right setting, cable plug... :)
now im stick with sohc..
Your ecu not stock I guess that is why
trouble. Now RPM cut is at......?

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi, im using 4g92p sohc ecu..it is possible to tune my stock ecu and check the AFR/ignition problem??
coz i hv a problem wif my car when speeding at 100+km/h, got soung like bell,"krenngg krengg" and i felt the power lost and less responce of the throttle..

now the problem still cant be solve... so i suspect the ecu maybe have prblem wif AFR/ignition

That sound, I think that is knocking. I don't think it is the ECU that is problematic, I'm thinking that it could more probably be a sensor problem. MAF sensor, borrow one from others and try to see if it helps? Try adjusting the distributor too, try to rotate it to make it a little retard.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

one of my plan b4...but require a lot of things.. head, 4g91 carb distributor,ACP to get the right setting, cable plug... :)
now im stick with sohc..
I think better stick with SOHC, its troublesome to convert.

1) Wiring is not compatible. That's why you need the 4G91 carb distributor.
2) 4G91 carb distributor is old and rare, what happens if it kongs?
3) "HEARD" ppl said you can skim the SOHC distributor to fit, but "HEARD" it is also not reliable.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

sorry i missed some question on you...

what engine did u run? 4g92mivec? 4g91? 4g93 sohc?

because as far as i know...for 4g92p doesnt have o2 sensor....

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
sry i hv not noticed people reply on my post... my engine is 4g92p... the knock still there.. when the problem occur, i still using the stock ecu..
now i hv upgrade the ecu..rev cut 9k rpm..the 1st problem after upgrade is the car jerking "sengguk2" like not enough fuel.. so i use adjustable FR and the pressure that required to reduce the jerking is 4kg/cm2++!! i changed the fuel pump,injector 240cc and now the AFR still at 4kg/cm2... this evening i try set it 4.5 the response good no jerking but knocking still there..i cant breath behind my car, the exhaust smoke too stink...no black smoke yet....hmmmm got headache to solve the problem...

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
sry i hv not noticed people reply on my post... my engine is 4g92p... the knock still there.. when the problem occur, i still using the stock ecu..
now i hv upgrade the ecu..rev cut 9k rpm..the 1st problem after upgrade is the car jerking "sengguk2" like not enough fuel.. so i use adjustable FR and the pressure that required to reduce the jerking is 4kg/cm2++!! i changed the fuel pump,injector 240cc and now the AFR still at 4kg/cm2... this evening i try set it 4.5 the response good no jerking but knocking still there..i cant breath behind my car, the exhaust smoke too stink...no black smoke yet....hmmmm got headache to solve the problem...
1) I recommend get a stock 4g92p ecu and put back in, check for any errors. Do not use ecu from other cars first.
2) Borrow another maf sensor and try if it is better.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Some 4g92p dun use o2 sensor, some used. My use, it is a UK spec car, so I assume its for emissions control.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Anyway, when you said your car was overhauled, then the workshop dun notice valve bocor? Just open the head to see...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

which is suitable for Malaysian climate

- which brand you guys / gals recommend?
- viscosity level?
- good for fuel economy
- protection and power also desired

thanks in advance...

time for my car to have its usual service
18 month old car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience