badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004

Attachments

Last edited:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Fuh... Badguy go dig so long ago topic...
Yea... My fren told me to tap bullet... He was sayin if tap compressor will experience some "lag"... Anyway... As long as it does the trick...
Anyway... Its not easy lookin for tis toyota valve... Coz more n more ppl know its usefulness.... Its not oni used to control ur a/c... Some ppl use it as a boost controller....

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
some ppl say install FICD is only for temporary at the end u still need to change the TB

how true is this???

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
my 4g91 i use till trade in the engine for current engine...
current engine edi using for almost 2yrs....
just fix the FICD n use... if it solve the prob... just leave it there till the prob come back in future....
if the prob is solve till forever... then save the $$$ lo....
u get wat i mean???

marcusloo3003

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys. i have a satria 1995 model 1.3 carb converted to 4g91 fuel injection. i have put a K&N air filter, changed my piping to 2 inches, changed my absorber to sports not adjustable with lower racing springs. i just recently changed my intake manifold to skunk2 70mm for honda B16a and added a s90 70mm evo3 throttle body with a sard fuel regulator tuned to 3.5 and jasma fuel rail. there is absolutely no difference from before i changed it im very confused. spent 1000+ already and still no difference very sakit hati. dont know what to do. and when i drive on the highway at high speeds its very bumpy :s. anyone can help?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hi bro. i think the way u mod u engine is not really 'step by step'. actually u r using a high flow intake and oversized throttle body that only suit for highly modded engine. if your 91 is stock - head no port & polish, no hicam etc u wont feel any advantages in using those skunk2 intake manifold and s90 70mm tb. it might just decrease your power. trust me on this. stock intake and mivec tb can do the job.

but since u have spent and fitted in the intake and tb, all u have to do now is to support your current mod. port polished your cylinder head, put in racing camshaft and stiffer valve spring and also management. u might as well increase your engine compression by changing to high compression piston or change to thinner metal gasket and skim you cylinder head.

hope this help. arigatou.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
really very hard to get this FICD...................where to get one??? in JB??

Calvin help?

marcusloo3003

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
alright guys thx for the info. ill see what i can about this. how much would racing camshafts cost? and can mivec pistons just plug and play? or do i have to mod anything else to fit it? i spent alot of my money on the intake and tb now pokai lo

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
bro joe, so it will be better if we just maintain our intake manifold if our engines are still stock?
What about using an intake from a 93?? will there be any difference?
Marcus,u were using a b16a intake before on ur 91?? u still have it? :)
Mivec pistons is slightly larger then 91 in diameter.. Block needs to b re-bore.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2011
NewYork/Usa
no need to worry, its quite a reliable engine.. FC is good.. power ok.. probably can tapau 1.6 stock if u do a neat mod and proper tuning.. the cam lifter sound is common for all mitsu dohc engine.. no need to worry.. it just need to be serviced.. or changed if it have worn off too much..
Yeah i agree with you mate that it is quite reliable engine.And the main reason i didn't get any problem because i checked everything in time and get it serviced...el cerrito personal trainer

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i wnna ask...i plan on doing the following upgrades..
just wnna make a well balanced out machine..
i currently run on 4g13 svdo..
these are the upgrades i wish to carry out..
could use help on recommendation and howmuch cash to set aside

the list:
1.)4g15 block with 4g18 internals(crank, cons and piston) can i still retain my 4g13 head and and all the stock wiring for this upgrade?
2.) 1.6 supertouring flywheel and 1.6 clutch set...1.6 flywheel...wish to skim to 1.3 oem weight...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience