4G91 Gang..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
thanks for ya feedback bro sky... :)
still in the process of considering on what to do with my suspension set up..

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey peeps! long time nvr post d... hahah recently quite busy with work and just got my e-manage done... results are quite disappointing.. sigh

latest update: 118.27hp and 13.5-14.0kgm..not that good i think. damn sien lo the results..

haha acq,
so hows ur absorbers repairing? get it done already? havent seen u guys posting for about 10 days already... hmmm..

alvin,
got my e-manage done d. fueling kinda okay now but tuner said cant squeeze out that much hp.. he dont really know why also. lol he said maybe i running on straight pipe, some of the hp 'disappeared' cuz of that.. i also dont know wei damn sienz d lo increase so little only with the emanage. anyways, rev cut i havent get it done yet but soon la. maybe cut until 7.8k. hehe

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Mitec,
Colder plugs isn't necessary unless u're experiencing pre-detonition. If fueling is ngam, i don't think so that will happen, which means colder plugs is not a must... but on the other hand it wouldn't hurt to have also. Safer to have also... haha

I don't think 4G93T valve springs are much different from 4G91 punya. If got also maybe very minimal. That's just what I speculate of course, can't give an answer that is 'for sure'.

Joseph Lim,
4G91 engines are very VERY basic layout. 1.5 liter twin cam 4 cylinder transverse mounted front wheel drive petrol engine... what more it can be plug and play in a proton and shares many parts with a SGTi. I think workshops that do NOT know how to fix this engine can just close shop and go sell curry puffs instead.

So in conclusion... you can send your car just about any workshop, even to proton workshops (i used to send mine to proton edar for minor repairs and even timing belt changes)... they will know how to fix ur car.

mediocre,
Where did you tune you emanage?

120hp on wheels sounds about just right... original 4G91 is 115hp on engine, if you -20% for on wheel = 92hp.
you've managed to gain almost 30hp for all of the mods you've done to your car... that's almost a 30% gain in HP. It's a pretty good figure already for n/a mods lo.

I reckon with that kinda HP u should be able to take on a SGTi without much hassles due to better power-to-weight ratio

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Tot everybdy MIA..hehehe..
Med,118 whp,thats quite impressive leh... same as my frens Campro CPS wit minor mods...20 more horses then mine... can donate some over ka?? hahaha
Story about my abs,..duno la what to do...still wana go 4 adjustables,but budget not enuf now..so,i think i'll save up over the next few months..at least i'll b satisfied... only thing next is,what brand sud i go 4...not really sure about the cheaper stuff brand.. mines,D II, etc etc..price tempting,but quality... hrmmmm...til it is really bad,then i'll really consider again..make do with the sound for the time being..
Joseph, agree with alvin..91 engines is very simple...i believe any workshop will be able to change it no problem at all...If cannot,better close shop...hehehe

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
alvin,
i tuned my emanage at D'Tuning. same person who tuned my cams too. hmmm i can feel the torque slightly increased but next mod to be done.. maybe port and polish? cant really think of what to squeeze some hp out already.. and also my headers.. hahahah planning to turbo or supercharge soon d.. hmmm i can tiong stock 1.8 323f wei SGTI havent try... will try soon...

acq,
hahaha 20 more horses alot meh bro?? hmm i think u better save up for better coilovers bro. in the end you still pay for what you get.. hahaha

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
20 more then mine..hehehehe..thats alot if we were to have a race...sure makan asap me..hehehe...
Yeah,i think i'll jst save up and get something that i'll be satisfied,as d suspension can still be use for the time being..just have to bare the noise and d harsh ride..but since i have rise up the height,it is not that bad anymore..only the noise is still there...

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
acq,
hahaha bro 20 only ma. still depends on driver's skill also wert. maybe u can smoke me also. hard to tell. XD hmmm yaya good luck in saving money for ur new set of coilovers. just tahan at the moment... (:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
ehehe,..targeting BC coilovers hi/lo soft/hard.... anybdy has anyfeed back about this brand of adjustables??
The savings starts,again..just change 2 pieces of my tyres... A-drive R1 yoko's...
rm380 per piece.. 205/40 17... whats d price of this tyres over in KL area???

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

ehehe,..targeting BC coilovers hi/lo soft/hard.... anybdy has anyfeed back about this brand of adjustables??
The savings starts,again..just change 2 pieces of my tyres... A-drive R1 yoko's...
rm380 per piece.. 205/40 17... whats d price of this tyres over in KL area???

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahahaha for a drive r1 i not so sure. also about 350.. i think.. i use cheap cheap tyres only bro.. michelin ps3 195/50 15. hahha 200 per pc only wei. u so rich..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
hehehe,was thinking also about using michelin,..but that price,rm450 per piece... but i think it is d older model..PS2...PS3,no stock...
It was either,lowered abs n springs....or tyres...opted for d tyres,coz front ody worn off...nd starting too wear unevenly... Coilovers can wait...hehehe

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha bro icic hmmmm so cant wait huh? me also cant wait for bot le.... dont know should i rebore or just stay with current bore rite now... still dont believe my pistons can tahan the boost... sigh. help meeeeeee. =/

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
haiz....my old 4G91 got problem again

any one know how to solve it??

once aircon compresor kick in my RPM drop until wanna die off

forman said is TB problem got some gear inside condamn !!

need to change the whole TB

but from my memory

we can modify something to by pass it (parts from toyota) beside change the TB since the TB is so expensive

any one can help??

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
Brother MiTec-i

can teach me how to DIY ?

this month very pool me................haiz

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
med,i still like using NA 4 everyday use. Can rev high without worrying about over heating. But d pull of a turbo is so tempting..hehehe
badguy,yeap,sounds like ur FICD problem...common prob on our engines...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Was just wondering which springs u guys use? I am currently on el-cheapo APM springs and it 'seret' my bumper.... Its too low... was wondering what you guys use and wheteher u have the same problem as me too..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience