4age 20v BT knocking

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
hmmm... when u put in fuel system cleaner, knock will reduce? Maybe try Injector cleaning? Fuel regulator replacement? Fuel filter replacement? Fuel pump not working smoothly?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
it called wear n tear...

best like meg_omen said, sent to reputabale mech...
do a full tuning...you'll be suprised then... :D

One more thing...please do take note that 20V are not very torque at low range...sluggish...but you need to know and learn where you engine power comes in...

judean

Known Member
Dec 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
cannot agree more with bro meg_omen n bro chinozie...
i myself need to send my car to a full tuning...
but not for now...
budget constraint hahahahha ~

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
it called wear n tear...

best like meg_omen said, sent to reputabale mech...
do a full tuning...you'll be suprised then... :D

One more thing...please do take note that 20V are not very torque at low range...sluggish...but you need to know and learn where you engine power comes in...
thanks bro Chinozie. I knew that is the best solution. I just want to try seeking for alternative way without send to mechanic for overhaul as not many reputable machanic around my area. Just to share, last time went to meet a so called "reputable mechanic". What was frighten me is when he finish service my car, he asked whether my "Levin 2 litre" is powerful or not? (because he saw Twincam 20) on the camcover ......:withstupid::withstupid:
anybody know reputable mechanic near Johor Bukit Indah??

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
LOL ...heard alots of this similar stories...a Policeman didn't believe it's just a 1.6L car...cuz he also saw the Twincam 20 :D...

We can pint point one by one the problem...but it will take quite a reply...
cuz need to check all related issue due to knocking issue...it could be a simple solutions, it may not...

best , see a mech...or at least get the timing gun..see what's the current degree...best set it as 10degree...if not mistaken...forget...become old man already, hahahaha...

Hope other could reply on the well know 20V mech...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Long long time ago, I use to think that the 20 stands for 2.0 L... Hahahahah....

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
our fuel is crap... and yes BT is meant for RON100... but not meant to be use locally...
just that we ourself 'yang pandai2' want to use it...
so understand this, try different fuel...i recommend Shell or BHP, coz mostly less knocking issue...

but what ever it is, once you've decided...
then go and check again your timing just to make sure the knocking is no longer there...:wavey:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I've also face this problem before. Already set the timing with timing gun but knocking still occurred. Pump in RON97 also not solve this problem. So what I did is retard the ignition timing and drive. It need few trial and error until set to current ignition position.
I don't know how much degree it is, but as long it didn't knock and I'm happy with it.
But still can heard 2-3 knock during full throttle at 4th and 5th gear.

20v_ke35

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
our fuel is crap... and yes BT is meant for RON100... but not meant to be use locally...
just that we ourself 'yang pandai2' want to use it...
so understand this, try different fuel...i recommend Shell or BHP, coz mostly less knocking issue...

but what ever it is, once you've decided...
then go and check again your timing just to make sure the knocking is no longer there...:wavey:
For me, better use ESSO/MOBIL/PETRONAS if you want to mix with racing fuel. I try mix with SHELL 95 and 97, but it felt like crap, more loss than gain. The later brands are better response and performance.

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Shell is a bad fuel for high RON cars. Subaru people mostly do not like it, you can see in their forums.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yea.. Shell now is crap, worst than petronas. best is esso/mobil or caltex(rare)

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Yea.. Shell now is crap, worst than petronas. best is esso/mobil or caltex(rare)
Is it true ??? I tried to used caltex one time and my car get knocking all the way on highway going up to Genting... until I cannot tahan go pump & mix some shell 97 / vpower racing (can't remember), only can reduce the knocking ....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think it differs for car/setup. Shell has been the best for my car and I find Petronas and Eso crappy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro's,

Need your assistance to provide me on some information about my car.

I own A Proton Perdana SEi 1998,

The issue here is,
I just got this car 5 months ago from my bro in law, and know less abt it.
I don't know what engine it is and it's a manual transmission Gbox.
The clutch Pad and the Gbox has an obvious marks of welding (Signs of convert)
It has the 2000 yr V6 Leather seats also has the feet rest as though it was a Auto transmission car before.

I went to many Workshop's but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience