Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
AE92 still got new mounting bro, check them out at your nearest spare-part shop :proud:
Thanks for the info :)

Just want to ask,what spark plug n plug wires can give better performance?
Now im using NGK Platinum and 8mm hotspot cables.Ok but i think not that good.
I searched for NGK Iridium at the shop but cannot find.
But the shop guy recommend me Splitfire spark plugs for better performance.
It looks a bit diff from other plugs that i saw.
Anybody using it?

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Can toyota se with normal aircond panel swapped with digital aircond panel(from gt version)?
Need to change anything or plug n play?

Attachments

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
Bro Lanz, yes you can swap the analog one with a digital one. My original panel looks like yours with exception of the A/C button. I have swapped in the digital panel during my engine transplant. Works well...but I notice that for mine, the panel cannot fit properly. When I push the panel (e.g. switching the air cond from LO to the next speed) the right side of the panel tends to sink in. I had to pull it back out slightly. But that one might just be a bad installation from my workshop.

Btw, do you know where I can get the digital panel? My fan speed control (speed 1) rosak haha...Now i am always on speed 2

Hope this info helps

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
hello hi,
im driving ae92 also.currently using stock absorber matchd with eibach lowering spring.
but my driveshaft(4agze) constantly making problem.so i need to change back to stock absorber.
after doing searching ive found ae92 spring and ee90 1.3 spring..
ive got limited budget..so im thinking to go for the ee90 1.3 spring.
BUT is the spring rate for ee90 n ae92 is the same?
im not thinking bout performance.just comfort for daily commute..
thanx in advance for any reply.

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Bro Lanz, yes you can swap the analog one with a digital one. My original panel looks like yours with exception of the A/C button. I have swapped in the digital panel during my engine transplant.
Hope this info helps
I think its not plug n play for my A/C system because my blower control is manual type which is different from digital control system.Maybe it fit ur car perfectly because of the engine transplant which i beleive has digital A/C system.Manual control have cables and digital control have wires instead of cables to control the A/C system.

Bro hachiroku,
I just changed my engine mounting.Feels better now.But one problem that i cannot understand till now is sometimes my car cannot start.If the car parked tilted upward or downward at the front,it hard to start.I already changed the fuel filter but the problem still exist.I suspect something is wrong with the carburator.

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
looks like a school science project.. hehe :biggrin:

where's the box cover? nothing written there?

that is the air cond amplifier module. it controls the compressor, blower, temperature and other things about the ari conditioning. this thing is important because it also give signal to the ECU (for injection engines) and igniter (both injection and carb engine) for controlling idle speed and spark timing advance when the compressor are turned on as the compressor adds load to the engine.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Bro, not sure if I can offer any help. But my SE uses its original meter, and the 2 extra meter i got from my halfcut(AE92) still works. Not sure if yours is the same. One is for battery voltage and the other engine oil pressure/temperature. not sure which it is. :P My mechanic somehow got it to work.

For your installation of the long meter, let me know too. I wanted to change my meter also. Original SE meter is missing the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) to the ECU :bawling:

Cheers
SE limited does not have VSS because it uses mechanical gear to spin the needle on the speedo. Notice the speedo cable from the gearbox?

The battery voltage meter can be connected to the alternator while the oil pressure switch need to be swapped with oil pressure sensor. we can use either the original toyota sensor (AE86, AE92, LandCruiser) which cost us RM600 or we can use the sensor from Mitsubishi Pajero engine 4G54 which cost around RM120. the removal of the switch is easy but installation of the sensor is quite tricky because of the sensor size.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I think its not plug n play for my A/C system because my blower control is manual type which is different from digital control system.Maybe it fit ur car perfectly because of the engine transplant which i beleive has digital A/C system.Manual control have cables and digital control have wires instead of cables to control the A/C system.

Bro hachiroku,
I just changed my engine mounting.Feels better now.But one problem that i cannot understand till now is sometimes my car cannot start.If the car parked tilted upward or downward at the front,it hard to start.I already changed the fuel filter but the problem still exist.I suspect something is wrong with the carburator.
hard to start when your car is tilted ya? hmm im not sure about that..
just wanna ask, how often do u do tuning for your carb? i did tuning last month and the engine was silent, but now already started to have pinging sound again.. mech said this prob is common for our carb? :confused:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
that is the air cond amplifier module. it controls the compressor, blower, temperature and other things about the ari conditioning. this thing is important because it also give signal to the ECU (for injection engines) and igniter (both injection and carb engine) for controlling idle speed and spark timing advance when the compressor are turned on as the compressor adds load to the engine.

SE limited does not have VSS because it uses mechanical gear to spin the needle on the speedo. Notice the speedo cable from the gearbox?
The battery voltage meter can be connected to the alternator while the oil pressure switch need to be swapped with oil pressure sensor. we can use either the original toyota sensor (AE86, AE92, LandCruiser) which cost us RM600 or we can use the sensor from Mitsubishi Pajero engine 4G54 which cost around RM120. the removal of the switch is easy but installation of the sensor is quite tricky because of the sensor size.
Well thats a lot of info.Thanks cruiser78.Are u a mechanic?

hard to start when your car is tilted ya? hmm im not sure about that..
just wanna ask, how often do u do tuning for your carb? i did tuning last month and the engine was silent, but now already started to have pinging sound again.. mech said this prob is common for our carb? :confused:
I did mine last month also.The engine was silent :biggrin: .When the mech try to start by tilting up and down,it starts very well.Then he tune the engine and ask me to monitor.Still happens.Carb is a complex thing which ussually give headache to us and the mech:frown:. 16 valves ride was nice....i just wonder how is 20v BT ride(Fuel Injection):hmmmm:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
yes carbs are not an easy thing to tune, and the tuning doesnt usually stay like that for a long time..

20V? :love:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah

Saw this on google.
Looks decent n damn nice.
The meter panel looks bright.
My short meter were very dim.
I got one long meter but hvnt fixed into my car yet.
How to get that bright?

Attachments

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i guess u need to use brighter bulbs? and clean the inner part of the meter if its possible.. just an idea..

i replaced one of my bulbs recently, the one at the right most corner, the fuel gauge.. It is not bright at all, can barely see it at night!

just gonna let it be, till i REALLY need to change bulbs again, then i would opt for a brighter one..

p/s: the one in your pic, the meter is WHITE? :hmmmm: nice!

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Yeah,perhaps need to change the bulb.
I can hear a weird sound on the left side of cockpit while driving.If im driving at 140km/h,then slowed to 110km/h by depressing the accelerator,a weird sound came from the left tyre.But if i totally let go the accelerator,the sound wont be heard.Isit the bearing or driveshaft :hmmmm: ?

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
hmm hows the sound?
Well now the sound is gone but a bit worried abt the driveshaft condition.

Now my car unable to start.I suspect the fuel unable to reach the carburator.Dono which one causing the problem fuel pump,fuel tank,fuel line,carburator :confused:.Anybody know how to start the car in this case at least i could drive it to the workshop,any first aid?How to check the external fuel pump is working or not?Any way to install internal fuel pump(fuel injection) to carburator tank?

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
sounds like a major carb job u need to do there.. did the engine start but then died? or just crank but nothing to the engine?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just over the weekend I came across this VW exhibition at IOI City Mall. The fella offered the Jetta with 21k off and 0% installment plan for up to 7 years.

VW sales that bad ka? Until give so huge discount and 0% interest. Totally 0% for entire term
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience