Knocking sound from engine

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Nope i havent used shell for years. Bad fc and that feeling of engine not running smooth. Caltex/BHP most of the time. When both not available it will be Petronas.

On the timing belt...i totally dont recall.as short as 3 years to as long as 5 years.
Timing belt cost...ouch....Guess it will rest a bit longer.

u can try fuel-up with caltex ron97 full tank and drive it a little bit hard to cleanup carbon deposits inside the engine...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
u can try fuel-up with caltex ron97 full tank and drive it a little bit hard to cleanup carbon deposits inside the engine...
Go highway cruise at 110kph also can, my wife always say engine smooth and better to drive after coming back from outstation.......lol

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thank you guys.
I'll try Caltex 97 first when i decided to drive it.
Update,
after making the car legal again last month i pour in Petron first as thats the nearest brand available that time. Knocking is still there.
Once empty, pour in Caltex 95 and it reduces the knocking after 1/2 tank. Now its gone. Should have use my endoscope to see inside the cylinder for before and after.

On a side note, anybody notice the kinda-nice smell the exhaust produce when using caltex?
I notice this on both my BLM and Waja.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Update,
after making the car legal again last month i pour in Petron first as thats the nearest brand available that time. Knocking is still there.
Once empty, pour in Caltex 95 and it reduces the knocking after 1/2 tank. Now its gone. Should have use my endoscope to see inside the cylinder for before and after.

On a side note, anybody notice the kinda-nice smell the exhaust produce when using caltex?
I notice this on both my BLM and Waja.
Makes no difference for my cheapass Myvi. Smells equally bad

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My VR have issues with Shell. Long ago tried before, lost power. Last year tried again, after 2nd tank drop in power, 3rd tank won't rev past 4k RPM. Now back to Petron running fine......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all sifus,
need ya help....
Last july stuck in roadblock and then JPJ give me letter to go inspetion, a week after that my car accident and I forgot about it. I even lost the letter.huhu.

Today i check my car no plate at JPJ website and its blacklisted. What is the best way to settle this. My car is currently doing wide body and is in painting processs now. can endorse like this?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience