First Drive: 2006 Satria Neo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
wah orange is too strong? really strong contrast ppl can see :P haha i live in klang cheras i dunno man~~

epithet

Jul 6, 2006
Yes it is a pity about the airbags.. but how come nobody compared its torsional rigidity to Saavy yet? I hear the Savvy is 17 k Nm or something like that while the BMW z4 baru 16 k Nm (i think the unit is wrong) but the figure is right. What's the Satria's twist resistance like? No figures from proton ah?

mx52drift

Nov 19, 2004
the horrible black cheap plastic...

i see no comments so far on this...but din anyone notice the really cheap looking black plastic at the bottom of the gear level, i give them credit for trying to put the sporty design into this, instead of a usual fabric, but putting in that plastic...?

mujadid84

Apr 15, 2006
juz done with my 1st service.. everything is fine.. nothing undesireble happen.. what i like about this car is its design, seats, transmission.. although the interior looking cheap, but it doesnt matter for me, for me, the price is worth for wut we buy.. for a car below 50k.. juz nice.. cant wait for R3 performance parts and bodykit to be launch..

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
I sure do hope that the power windows last for more than a year since all proton cars are having that problem. Some say it looks cheap in the inside, but i think in return you get the advantage on performance wise. So look on the bright side for the buyers!

gate-crasher

May 8, 2006
hey guys... my neo coming out next week, 1.6H MT iridencent white... dun really prefer fancy colours such as red, orange n blue... grey still ok... silver looks best to me. same as what tom mentioned earlier, i agree i dun really like tat "bling bling" rims :regular_smile: tot of changing rims once i get my car. 16" or 17"? still thinking... oh yea i'm 6'2" large size body so i have to find aftermarket seats, which is larger n lower... kinda cramped inside sitting while testing drive the car with the original seats :Not_Impressed: else, HID for the projector headlamps... ;) overall, i should gv a thumbs up to this car! cheersss... :_:

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
I choose twlight blue looks cool and fierce!! ARGh! my car will be coming about 3 weeks. UH!!

Enegue

Feb 15, 2006
camp said:
nice review on the new staria neo, if possible can you tell me more on the engine department because i heard that the engine need high rev to get the ummph...is it true?
i dare say so. the campro engine needs a bit of kicking to get it moving. anything below the 3k range on a slightly tilted road is going give the 1.3 trouble. 1.6 on the other hand cruises...which is good. well cornering is still ain't as good as the R3 and still a tad behind the GTi model. but test it ya self to know what i really mean. body roll is quite minimal...

oh ya, that shuriken wannabe rims is real piece of metal junk. Enkai wannabe...urgh god...oh ya the centre exhaust makes it look weird. personal opinion but it would do better with twin pipes...or if it was intergrated into the bumper...sweet...hid's on the neo? that's a total agreement...

Last edited:

gate-crasher

May 8, 2006
cornering not bad, it's just tat still way behind the current sGTi... i guess maybe bcoz neo is quite high on ground clearance compare to sGTi... test drive 1.3manual, dare not to corner lebih lebih la... TAKUT! hehehe... n after 4k rpm the engine started to scream kaw kaw... wah lau wei dunno wat's the prob wit tat :Not_Impressed: but STILL got pickup! can't wait for my 1.6 coming out soon... must be better than the 1.3 i guess! lolz... neway still opt for my sGTi, da best ride so far :shades_smile:

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
Wait a sec, i though you (ivan) bought the orange one? Anyway if any of you get ur neo anytime soon, plz update us on ur experience of the car. Thanks :regular_smile:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i honestly don't think a stock standard neo would lose out to a stock standard sgti in the corners. stiffer springs, wider rubbers and it'll probably best the sgti, but maybe my memory with the sgti is a little faded since it was sometime ago. the chassis of the neo is simply superior to that of the outgoing model.. but thats my opinion. maybe you're more accustomed to your gti? to the point that its like your hands and feet? hehehe.

Last edited:

gate-crasher

May 8, 2006
ixeo said:
i honestly don't think a stock standard neo would lose out to a stock standard sgti in the corners. but thats my opinion. maybe you're more accustomed to your gti? to the point that its like your hands and feet? hehehe.
lolz forgotten to mention tat i use gab spring+absorbers for my sgti... better than my stock standards' apm... the corner in between of kl sentral n muzium negara under overhead bridge i used to try around 120kmh without any problem compare to stock shocks, dare not to do cornering dat fast... scared i might oversteer... guess i should go for aftermarket shocks AGAIN when receiving my neo :_: it's not tat i dun hv much confidence in using stock shocks, it's just tat i prefer aftermarkets... cheerss

Last edited:

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
Yo neugenics! black suit me la.. depend on the owner of the car haha.. really cool take a look from far and close view and under hot sun its different! oh and one thing Neo come with immoboliser. when will u get ur car neugenics?

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah i guess the twilight blue is the best. Haven't ordered btw coz I'm still not sure if neo is a good buy.

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
i test drove the satria neo 1.6 auto recently, at the 3S center in damansara

1. performance is weak. kickdown to second gear, revs rise but no pickup.
test car rev cut at 5000 rpm

2. cornering very flat and stable even without anti-roll bar.

3. whenever i lift off thottle mid-corner rear tyres will make noise. but no oversteer. i think this is good.

4. dashboard, center console & steering wheel quality better than gen2.
the rest of the cabin quality is average. glovebox opens very slowly.

5. power windows 3 year warranty. no discount offered

conclusion - if u only need 2 doors, satria neo is a good buy.
indicator stalk on the left side which i find bloody irritating. why proton copy left hand drive european cars ?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Im getting upset with my TB usable life, use for 2 years, then its kong again. rev up high n down erraticly. thanks to the plastic ISC.

then i decide to use my tb but with some mods, no isc at all. its the isc that keep broken and i had to buy whole new set of tb again.

I have experiment my modded tb for 500++km. im really satisfied with it.

Just want to share with all forumers.

DIY - Throttle body tips - Last Resort Repair -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience