Throttle Body Modification

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007
Hi,

Im getting upset with my TB usable life, use for 2 years, then its kong again. rev up high n down erraticly. thanks to the plastic ISC.

then i decide to use my tb but with some mods, no isc at all. its the isc that keep broken and i had to buy whole new set of tb again.

I have experiment my modded tb for 500++km. im really satisfied with it.

Just want to share with all forumers.

DIY - Throttle body tips - Last Resort Repair - Experiment :: Fotopic.Net

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Could you use better material like melting lead into the isc bypass holes ?. I' say it would last longer . Just my suggestion..

SB3

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bro, u totally remove the ISC unit means there are no longer any controller which controls ur coldstart and a/c idle rpm... unless if u have standalone/piggyback ecu to control it, it is not recommended to do so... or, i could use toyota FICD to control ur aircond idle rpm...

what i did to protect the bottom ISC unit was a crude heatshield...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
bro, u totally remove the ISC unit means there are no longer any controller which controls ur coldstart and a/c idle rpm... unless if u have standalone/piggyback ecu to control it, it is not recommended to do so... or, i could use toyota FICD to control ur aircond idle rpm...

tq sifoo walker for the tips.:biggrin:

i will diy that also :ciao:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor

Guys....
I have clean u the black glue once to see what is inside...
Basically a simple board with some surface moint caps and transistor any many be simple
sensor to detect signal from the tb motor...
Most ppl says it the bottom side become sticky, then sudah rosak...

Heat spoilt it? Or the circuit is overload..e.g but broken gear or motor jammed in the TB then the components over heat and make the black glue become sticky?
Any sure annswers?

The cheapest way is still the FICD... most of the experience pomen will do that for customer with limited budget... the demerit is , there is a very small delay in respond compared to original.. Tq

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Guys....
I have clean u the black glue once to see what is inside...
Basically a simple board with some surface moint caps and transistor any many be simple
sensor to detect signal from the tb motor...
Most ppl says it the bottom side become sticky, then sudah rosak...

Heat spoilt it? Or the circuit is overload..e.g but broken gear or motor jammed in the TB then the components over heat and make the black glue become sticky?
Any sure annswers?

The cheapest way is still the FICD... most of the experience pomen will do that for customer with limited budget... the demerit is , there is a very small delay in respond compared to original.. Tq
coz the black plastic ISC is sitting on the coolant return line (direct contact) which runs into the throttle body... datz why the coolant line heats up the plastic and melts it... exposing/damaging the circuit inside.... datz why i made a heat shield which at least shield it from direct contact with the hot coolant line...

FICD can cure aircond idle problem... what about cold start??... does cold start has anything to do with throttle body ISC??...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
coz the black plastic ISC is sitting on the coolant return line (direct contact) which runs into the throttle body... datz why the coolant line heats up the plastic and melts it... exposing/damaging the circuit inside.... datz why i made a heat shield which at least shield it from direct contact with the hot coolant line...

FICD can cure aircond idle problem... what about cold start??... does cold start has anything to do with throttle body ISC??...
Dear all..

Anyway better safe then sorry.... do make the heat shield as recommended, no harm.... i think:listen:

Let me put it simple... for proton e.g 1.6 /old ver perdana..the TB design is as mention above with the "ISC" unit ,has ...2 functions...-:-
1. cold start (auto choke) have water in pipe and out pipe.
This fuction is mechanical... when water hot the valve will move to
increase air or reduce air accordingly...(like thermostat concept)
2. Aircon idling- the motor and gear controls a stop valve. This is
electronic function.. feeds back to ecu.. If a/c compressor is "on" ecu
will know and adjust the motor accordingly to increase air and so on..

SO if cold start valve is not jammed, then fix FICD to control a/c idle- Cold start OK.

The black sealant is use because there is sensor there, other material mights cause distortion to the signal... Mitsubishi made it this way must have their reason... (to make customer change tb very 4`5 year? I doubt).. Honda VSS (speed sensor) also have sensor and this black sealant is also used to cover up the sensor circuit...

This is my opinion and experiences only. Pls disregard is you find it not logical or offensive...
Thanks...:biggrin: Hope I did make some sense.:banghead:

fuka1979

Known Member
May 2, 2005
sentul
kamfu.blogs.friendster.com
my mivec tb also up and till 2k sometime 3k rpm automatic, then i press a bit hard gas pedal, it will climb down rpm to normal. ( this will make other people looking at me <macam ajak racing>). anyone got solution way to help me on tb problem?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro,,,
When see doctor, must tell him history also...
Oh semalam i eat sea food, then today vomit and lausai...

Then doctor will know... "oh, it looks like mild food poisioning" then can give ubat mah...

Without more info- i say go cuci ur tb first. check butterfly operation smoothness, tb cable okay? smooth? tight? - oil it.... okay?:biggrin:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Sorry bro,
Was a little piss off just now about another posting...
Anyway try what i mention earlier first... hopes it works out fine.
Good luck....Tq

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007
Could you use better material like melting lead into the isc bypass holes ?. I' say it would last longer . Just my suggestion..

SB3
Good idea.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Dear all..

Anyway better safe then sorry.... do make the heat shield as recommended, no harm.... i think:listen:

Let me put it simple... for proton e.g 1.6 /old ver perdana..the TB design is as mention above with the "ISC" unit ,has ...2 functions...-:-
1. cold start (auto choke) have water in pipe and out pipe.
This fuction is mechanical... when water hot the valve will move to
increase air or reduce air accordingly...(like thermostat concept)
2. Aircon idling- the motor and gear controls a stop valve. This is
electronic function.. feeds back to ecu.. If a/c compressor is "on" ecu
will know and adjust the motor accordingly to increase air and so on..

SO if cold start valve is not jammed, then fix FICD to control a/c idle- Cold start OK.

The black sealant is use because there is sensor there, other material mights cause distortion to the signal... Mitsubishi made it this way must have their reason... (to make customer change tb very 4`5 year? I doubt).. Honda VSS (speed sensor) also have sensor and this black sealant is also used to cover up the sensor circuit...

This is my opinion and experiences only. Pls disregard is you find it not logical or offensive...
Thanks...:biggrin: Hope I did make some sense.:banghead:

my comment
1. there is no thermostat-look-alike thing in the tb. try dismantle everything. the water just run thru it.
2. if you own a wira, there is a problem with the TB, when you slow you car after normal drive (eg wanna make a u-turn), the engine have tendency to stop. FICD will fix this problem.
DIY - Install FICD :: Fotopic.Net
3. about the heatshiled, either you make one or bypass the coolant hose
DIY - Throttle body tips - Coolant Hose Bypass :: Fotopic.Net

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More shots of this past weekends celebrations of 10 years of Zerotohundred.com. Starting at 1pm and in the wet, the first ever Time To Attack: Sepang met a strong test with relentless rains pounding the FIA spedFormula One circuit, delaying times and providing plenty of sideways moments for all drivers regardless of the car. All the tail-out pictures you see here were taken...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience