changing campro throttle body to cable

hardcorecar

Known Member
Jan 10, 2013
Sabah
Hallo fella..I wanna ask regarding my thread..what should I do with da engine sensor a??should I cut off or rewiring it back??really need help here..plz..:confused:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DBW to DBC is not a straight forward job. I have seen experts working on it. The sensor is there for a reason. And most of the hardcore tuned S4PH are running on standalone.
How about the cheaper ETC option to start with?

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i've done dbw to dbc conversion on my engine.. all i can say is the result is awesome... if u have the budget i'll say go for it.. it will change your campro engine from mild to wild.. but like bro coldplay said there is a lot of custom work had to be done. u have to customise your throttle body, intake manifold, throttle cable and gas pedal. u also got to have standalone ecu to handle the TPS sensor. but like i said if u got the budjet go for it. it will be worth all your money. cheers.:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
because simply the DBW didn't do justice to the actual performance of the campro

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thats true.. but don't expect the conversion to yield any horsepower or torque though.. :driver:
yup... if campro comes with DBCable in the first place i'm pretty sure not many will complain about campro's engine....

because lack of responds..u see so many ppl go for ETC/electronic throttle enhancing product to get the same feeling of usual cable throttle :listen: (not only campro proton..but most other car with DBW)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
imho this is a mod worth doing only if u wanna go itb...other wise them etc is enough

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thats true.. but don't expect the conversion to yield any horsepower or torque though.. :driver:
Customize throttle body, intake manifold and most of all, standalone ECU like Haltech + tuning return higher hp and some increased in torque too. So, yes, it serve the purpose :biggrin:.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
imho this is a mod worth doing only if u wanna go itb...other wise them etc is enough
this mod is worth doing if u already running on stand alone ecu.. if not i would say that its not worthed and etc would be enough.. as for itb, its a individual choice and depending on your engine setup.. if it suited your needs and setup than go for it.. every setup has its pro and con so before u mod think carefully. happy modding.. cheers!:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So I wake up early from my hotel room (Well, not so early at 9.30AM I had a long night the other day) I enjoyed my morning breakfast buffet at Copthorne, they served mainly German food such as bratwurst (german sausage), ham, bacon, smoked salmon and various choices. Pretty nice food coming from a 4 1/2 star hotel I would say and at 18 Euros, its not that bad at all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience