First Drive: 2006 Satria Neo

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
white colour is a bit weird something like light grey.. thanks for ur opinion :)

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
White, like on the Desire concept, looks fantabulous. Looks very racy, almost WRC-like ala Ford Focus. Match that with new rims and you should have one kick-ass car!

The Satria Neo has strong attactive lines in stock form, so modding shouldn't be too hard :)

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
OH....like tat.. i should have a look at it again HEHE :P its irridescent white.. Um.~ okay okay..

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
ivan_cyc said:
wat colour u think will be nice.? um.~~have no idea..
personally i would prefer their navy blue (appear like black but it's actually dark dark blue if u really look close at it).. looks more sporty and classy.. other colours look normal loh.. but if u dun mind waiting, go for the R3 diamond black.. keke.. happy shopping for colours o.. :) oso according the SA, they said the waiting list is only 1 - 2 months o..

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
Oo.. R3 have to wait how long? i cannot wait anymore my little SLK is getting worst. especially fuel comsumption :o(

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
I've been looking through both cars Neo and Myvi since the price range is around the same and honestly, which is the better buy in terms of quality and value?

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
i've also been looking for these two cars. at first i was thinking to buy myvi after they launch satria i take a look. HEHE i already choose satria. in my opinion either 1.3 bigger space front rear comfortable or . 1.6 powerful but rear seat. Smaller :o(

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
I think we're both in the same situation, ivan_cyc. Thing is, i know myvi is a good car since its coming under daihatsu which is kinda under toyota, as for satria its still the first batch in which ppl mostly say its doubtful. Though i wanna convince myself that satria is better, is it true that the petrol consumption is relatively high and the resale value is low?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
both cars are of a different class. if you're using the car to ferry passengers/family car, the Myvi would be the car of choice hands down. if you have 1 passenger most of the time, and you enjoy driving, then get the neo.

it really boils down to what you want and what you need. i am very sure for the Neo, the fuel consumption would be higher as your driving style would be more aggressive, given that the Neo can power through corners. as for the resale value, i have no idea, but if it breaks down as often as other Proton cars then you can be sure the condition of the car to deteriorate very fast..which would affect the resale value.

mujadid84

Apr 15, 2006
i agreed with ixeo. Myvi and neo is in different class..neo is suitbale for person enjoy driving and traveling a lot, juz like me..

fuel consumption is depends on ur driving style, with constant speed bout 100km/h, fuel consumption is low..

overall for this time neo is nice..juz wait for R3 division for the bodykit and performance parts..

sQew

Feb 28, 2006
BTW, during the launcing of Neo at Pusat Kecemerlangan Proton @ Shah Alam, there was a Neo R3 (Concept Models) on Display together with Neo Desire and Neo Symphony (ICE concept) - anyway if any of you wanna see the pics can view it at pro-hatch.net on the gallery section

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
Yeah ixeo is right this is what i headache for... either family car or power car. i most of the time with my gf so its nice :P ordering now.

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
Hey Ivan which did you take, the 1.3 or 1.6? I think i might be getting the neo after all, i just need substantial facts like better FC and all to convince my dad that the neo is more worthwhile getting.

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
hi Neugenics i take 1.6 just to waiting for my car choosing number for my car now.HEHE if i get my car i think i will be the first person to drive neo in my area.haha! so will u get neo?

neugenics

Jul 11, 2006
Oh really, good for you then. Which color did you take? I guess i might be getting the neo 1.6 MT as well. Still haven't got to test drive it though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A few weeks back, we were at the launch of the new Porsche 911. You can read our report here. At the time of launch, the only prices revealed were the duty free ones - RM430,000 for the Carrera and RM490,000 for the Carrera S...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience