wut is the best tyre size for myvi??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have done a few times at Quicksave without problems, but then my wheels, tyres and car are different. You seems to be running around paying for the balancing. Why not stay with say Lim Tayar as you have already paid them so they have to rectify the vibration.
Yes, if the car body vibrates as high speed, probably is the rear wheels out of balance.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Well that day at Lim Tayar I only did off-wheel balancing as recommended by them to try first. He said on-wheel will be done if problem persists so I suppose I will need to do on-wheel balancing this time. That's why I'm looking for a shop with experienced alignment/balancing foreman to solve my problem.

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Anyway, balancing actually need some skills. If that person not so skilful or experienced, there will still be vibration.
yup... it happened to me on my LSD gearbox... LSD gb is more difficult to balancing... they have to compensate left n right tire several times to get accurate balance... i owned the car for 6 years with 4 years of vibration at 120km/j... another 2 years cruise in happiness :rofl:

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
I have done a few times at Quicksave without problems, but then my wheels, tyres and car are different. You seems to be running around paying for the balancing. Why not stay with say Lim Tayar as you have already paid them so they have to rectify the vibration.
Yes, if the car body vibrates as high speed, probably is the rear wheels out of balance.
But since I've tried off-wheel balance at another shop, I think I would like to head over to an experienced shop to do my on-wheel balancing.

Oh and 1 more thing, if there is a problem with the new rims or tires, they'll be able to see it through off-wheel balancing already?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Last time without the center cone, I was having problems with my balancing also. Do off wheel, still vibrate, so go back and complaint then they do on wheel, but I don't pay extra, saying it is their problem they did not rectify the first time......:biggrin:

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Oh at Lim Tayar, the foreman already tell me beforehand, he said to try off-wheel first because it is cheaper. He said if problem still persist then need to come back for on-wheel balancing so I suppose they are prepared to charge me already. So now looking for an experienced workshop to do it for me.

So usually for most cases, if off-wheel doesn't solve it then on-wheel will probably solve it? If both doesn't the problem is definitely somewhere else right?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far last time on wheel can solve (for me that is), but I don't like, because every time do repairs to brakes or anything that requires removing the wheel, sometimes start to vibrate again, even though fit back to same lug holes.....

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
So far last time on wheel can solve (for me that is), but I don't like, because every time do repairs to brakes or anything that requires removing the wheel, sometimes start to vibrate again, even though fit back to same lug holes.....
Yea, I can't think of anything wrong except for the rims/tires because the car is still considerably new, about 3 months old only. However, I believe that sometimes doing a wheel balancing will require few times to get it right as well because maybe the foreman couldn't get it accurate the first time?

So as long as the tires are left untouched, then on-wheel balancing will last until someone removes the tires like for rotation etc?

I'm considering to give Raydiance Wheels in Sunway Mentari a try because they have this don't know what 3D alignment/balancing machine and so on. Thing is don't know if it will help or not, because it sounds expensive too.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, once done and perfect should last long time, unless something happens....

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
So I went to Raydiance Wheels today hoping for them to solve my vibrating issue. After their foreman tested my car, he told me that he can't be sure if off-wheel balancing will help since I've tried it about 3 times at other shops. So he recommend me to do on-wheel balancing as well but they do not have the appropriate tools to do it, so he recommended me to go over to this shop named Kim Meng in Sunway as well.

So I went over there, they checked my front tires and found that the balancing was already off, their machine was showing a reading of 20 (last balancing done was at Lim Tayar SS2). So he did the off-wheel balance first and brought down the reading to about 10. Then he did the on-wheel balancing until the reading was 0. Now the steering vibration is eliminated about 95% in my opinion and this is so much better! Oh their on-wheel balancing uses this small little thing that they sit on that can rotate the tires and also show the reading of the balancing.

Today, he showed me that while the tires were spinning on the off-wheel balance machine, the rims seems to be a little wobbling by looking at the edge/side of the rim. He suspects that the rim isn't 100% round. Could this make sense?

Oh and which other shop have the on-wheel balancing tool where they can sit on it and spin the tires? It seems that this kind is very effective from what I experienced today.

Now I think left the rear tires to be balanced, the floor can feel vibration.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
One of the rims not round? Problem now, if you go back the tyre shop you brought rims from, can say you dent it. But if new rims, should not be.
Anyway even with slight dent can still be balanced, as one of my Sonata wheel is running like that without vibration.
The on wheel balancing machine, many shops also have. But some sifus do on wheel without the sitting machine.....:biggrin:

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
One of the rims not round? Problem now, if you go back the tyre shop you brought rims from, can say you dent it. But if new rims, should not be.
Anyway even with slight dent can still be balanced, as one of my Sonata wheel is running like that without vibration.
The on wheel balancing machine, many shops also have. But some sifus do on wheel without the sitting machine.....:biggrin:
There's no apparent dent but it seems that when the wheel is spinning, can see like the rim isn't perfectly round.

So famous shops like Tek Ming and Quicksave will have it that on-wheel balancing machine right? Need some other alternatives just in case.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tek Ming may have. Have not seen in Quicksave. Tayar Tiong in SEA Park have.
Weng Tat uses the car engine to rotate the tyres......:biggrin:

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Tek Ming may have. Have not seen in Quicksave. Tayar Tiong in SEA Park have.
Weng Tat uses the car engine to rotate the tyres......:biggrin:
Tayar Tiong eh? Are the staffs there knowledgeable and have a good customer service?

Using engine to rotate the tires? How's that?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My air cond currently intermittently would stop working, especially when hot.
Honda Service Center informed that the magnetic clutch and coil was faulty and would cost me RM1600 to replace.
Anyone with a recommendation for an air cond shop I can do it locally?
A shop near where I live in Serdang, Selangor informed that they are unable to source original Japan parts and only have replacement Magnetic Clutch & Coils from China. Reading online, there are shops which replace with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience