wut is the best tyre size for myvi??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro wut u think which fits the look of an myvi?? what i have in mind is SSR and RG2 only....
For looks, it is very personal. May look good to me, might not be for you, so I think for this is best you decide or get friends along and ask tyre shop to place the rims at the car tyres area for you to have a look. That is how I gauge my rims to match the car.....

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Yea it's very subjective, some may even think the stock rims are better than any aftermarket ones.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True, true.......:biggrin:
Actually some say OE rims are better because original from factory......kakakakkakakka

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
I ended up with Advan Racing 15" and Michelin PS3 195/50/R15.

However, when I got out to the highway I felt vibration when I'm driving about 110km/h which did not happen before changing the rims and tires. This is mostly due to the balancing right?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yeah, most likely because of the balancing. Did they do balancing? They should. Whatever it is, just send to another shop to get it done.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
How is the tire balancing done? Need to recall back the process to know whether they did the balancing or not.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
There are two ways of doing it. The first way is to put your wheels on a machine and let it run. It will show how much weight or something like that to put to balance your tyre. The second way is by jacking up your car and accelerate while another guy will be sitting near the wheel to "feel" the vibration. Then, he'ss use the weight to see if it's balanced or not. This will be done till he is satisfied that the wheel is not vibrating any more. This explanation is based on what I see. Why, how and the terms I used may not be correct.

Anyway, just send it to another shop to do it. Very cheap only.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Is it one machine that they will put 1 tire and let it spin? If that's the machine then yes they did.

So I guess I will have to go back there because I'm pretty sure I was charged for it.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yes, just my personal opinion, I don't like the machine balancing. I prefer the 'feel' balancing. Just go back to the shop and tell them to do the 'feel" balancing. Hehe. Good luck bro.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
However, when I got out to the highway I felt vibration when I'm driving about 110km/h which did not happen before changing the rims and tires. This is mostly due to the balancing right?
When changing tyres, balancing is always done. Whatever the job is done properly or not, depends on the sifu handling it. The one done on the machine is usually called off wheel balancing.
The one done on the car is on wheel balancing. Firstly I need to ask. Does the new rims fit perfectly with the wheel hub? If not, I suggest you fit the center cone first to fit the rims properly in the center.

powerman

Dec 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

bro , how much was ur cost for ur tyre and rims??

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
When changing tyres, balancing is always done. Whatever the job is done properly or not, depends on the sifu handling it. The one done on the machine is usually called off wheel balancing.
The one done on the car is on wheel balancing. Firstly I need to ask. Does the new rims fit perfectly with the wheel hub? If not, I suggest you fit the center cone first to fit the rims properly in the center.
How will I be able to check if it fits perfectly now? But one friend of mine said that most of the time when upsizing to a larger aftermarket rims, the center cone is very likely needed. But shouldn't the shop suggested/advised on this matter?

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
best offset for myvi 15inch 6.5jj and offset35..wont scrub even on full load..how low the can be no problem.

regarding balancing..if satisfied with machine than no problem, but if high speed still vibrate than onwheel balancing is best..in KL is around 10-15bucks for one tyre..seremban is 15bucks for front..this on wheel balancing depends on the persons skills..not everybody can do it till perfect.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

is better to use center cone cause the rims original center hub is not big.. for myvi i think is 50to60mm and the taiwan rims center hub is 73mm..they have readymade center cones

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,

I really need some advice on what to do here. I'm currently driving a 1.5 Wira 2001, currently has done 86,000km. Problem is that the engine seems to be consuming engine oil. My last service is only like 3,500km and the level from the dip stick has shown a drop of half level i.e. Original=3/4 of dip stick; Now = 1/4 of Dip Stick. My exhaust doesn't show any smoke to indicate oil consumption even if the engine was revved at stationary (funny though).

My mechanic told me to do a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience