which brand of 195/55/15?

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
195/55/15 daily drive just use yokohama parada spec 2 laa..the 'bunga' damn pretty..good hydroplaning..jauh looks like semi slick..murah oso..170-190 oni :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh I saw another thread he got his RSR at 260 per pc..serious can get at that price ah? If so, that's a pretty good deal
That one he post wrongly. I was with him when we went tyre hunting....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

195/55/15 daily drive just use yokohama parada spec 2 laa..the 'bunga' damn pretty..good hydroplaning..jauh looks like semi slick..murah oso..170-190 oni :biggrin:
Some say not so good wet traction and is noisy...:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That one he post wrongly. I was with him when we went tyre hunting....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Some say not so good wet traction and is noisy...:confused:
Oh yes ah? That means it was RM280. I just remember either one of these numbers. It was below 300 for sure. Bloody memory is failing.

Parada Spec 2 has quite good grip. But wet roads its just scary

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh yes ah? That means it was RM280. I just remember either one of these numbers. It was below 300 for sure. Bloody memory is failing.

Parada Spec 2 has quite good grip. But wet roads its just scary
You paid less than RM300 because you trade in the C-Drive 2 mah......:driver:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Sorry to hijack thread TS.

How about recommended or suitable tyres for daily long distance driving? (I travel daily between 170 - 190 km, home - work - home). At times, have to travel more usually within Klang Valley. Staying in Tg Malim and working in KL. Most of the time cruising and once in a while speeding on the highway. Currently using 195/50/15 (MY02). Planning to get 195/55/15 and looking at other brands.

Any suggestions particularly those who travel long distances like me?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry to hijack thread TS.

How about recommended or suitable tyres for daily long distance driving? (I travel daily between 170 - 190 km, home - work - home). At times, have to travel more usually within Klang Valley. Staying in Tg Malim and working in KL. Most of the time cruising and once in a while speeding on the highway. Currently using 195/50/15 (MY02). Planning to get 195/55/15 and looking at other brands.

Any suggestions particularly those who travel long distances like me?
Wow! I have friends living in Lembah Beringin, you are even further.

Probably you need durable tyres, like Michelin XM2 or BS Ecopia.....

Last edited:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Wow! I have friends living in Lembah Beringin, you are even further.

Probably you need durable tyres, like Michelin XM2 or BS Ecopia.....
Hehe. Frequently take the commuter or ETS to work before this, but since the commuter Kad 1 Malaysia 50% discount card discontinued and ETS already changed their schedule (and not to mention full price again from TM to KL), have to go stick to driving. Taking the bus? Somewhat inconvenient. Everyday lalu the "Bayangan Maut" stretch.

With my MY02, can la go above speed limit and able to take corners. But considering now tayar already starting to show signs of aging (and abuse :P), high time to change to new tires.

By the way, care to elaborate durable for those type of tires VR2?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hehe. Frequently take the commuter or ETS to work before this, but since the commuter Kad 1 Malaysia 50% discount card discontinued and ETS already changed their schedule (and not to mention full price again from TM to KL), have to go stick to driving. Taking the bus? Somewhat inconvenient. Everyday lalu the "Bayangan Maut" stretch.

With my MY02, can la go above speed limit and able to take corners. But considering now tayar already starting to show signs of aging (and abuse :P), high time to change to new tires.

By the way, care to elaborate durable for those type of tires VR2?
Well, Entry level tyres usually are more durable having harder rubber compound soften by having more sipes in them. Being harder the compound wears slower, thereby giving more mileage.
Unlike UHP tyres the compound is soft for traction so they wear faster. If you read the UTQG of the tyres, most UHP are rated Thread Wear 200 to 300. XM2 have 420, but high number thread wear then traction usually lower.
Since you are using MY-02, this is actually not a UHP tyre. BS call it a Sports Touring tyre, means it looks sporty with the directional pattern but actually is a touring tyre, means sort of an entry level tyre. This tyre do not have the AQ donut of BS Potenza range, so go easy in the wet for this tyre...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well, Entry level tyres usually are more durable having harder rubber compound soften by having more sipes in them. Being harder the compound wears slower, thereby giving more mileage.
Unlike UHP tyres the compound is soft for traction so they wear faster. If you read the UTQG of the tyres, most UHP are rated Thread Wear 200 to 300. XM2 have 420, but high number thread wear then traction usually lower.
Since you are using MY-02, this is actually not a UHP tyre. BS call it a Sports Touring tyre, means it looks sporty with the directional pattern but actually is a touring tyre, means sort of an entry level tyre. This tyre do not have the AQ donut of BS Potenza range, so go easy in the wet for this tyre...
Bam bam bam! Sifu!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ek Engines

For Civic EK ,which A or B series engine is best suited for it for 200hp?

n with a b20 transplant will u get JPJ approval and insurance?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience